5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Does it ever really **** you off how "ignorant" people can be?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 02:58 PM
Maxima06071

Does it ever really **** you off how "ignorant" people can be?

So I was sitting eating my lunch today reading my November Issue of SuperStreet, when suddenly some crazed, demented, glassy eyed "person" from out of the blue announced,"I hate those wimpy puss 4cyl's"
"excuse me?", I returned.
"I like real cars like Camaros and Firebirds" He blurbbled.
"Oh, Ok I drive a maxima."I said
"Ha! Those wimpy 4cls are so SLOW!" -Him
"Actually it's a V6, and no they aren't slow, exspecially for a 6cyl."-Me
"Oh yeah he he he they're so slow I hate FF slow cars, including maximas(then he went on to babble about supras being flat fours and that Charger in the Fast and The Flurrious that being a stupid race because the "4cyl" Supra spraying NaWWS.)" -HIm
"Really.....What do you drive?"-Me
"Oh well I drive a FireBird, but it's in the shop. So Right now I'm driving a Mustang(I'll use that term lightly)untill my F-bird gets fixed."-Him
His "mustang" was the ****ty **** pile I've ever seen. It was a 1991 LX as fas as I could tell. The paint was in a festive christmas theme Red, White and Green. With spots of blue and yellow paint chips. I almost began to laugh, but didn't cause honestly the guy scared the crap out of me.
From the information I've gathered from people in general the concinsious is Maxima= 4cyl.
Which kinda ****es me off. I don't know why? Am I just being unrealistic? I mean nobody thinks Tauras's are 4cyl, or Pontiac Grand Prix.
You suck stupid people!

Old 10-16-2002, 03:22 PM

stupid people

Did you ever see that Far Side cartoon with the drawings of how Mother Nature tells you something is dangerous? Someone acting this stupid is clearly another warning sign.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:38 PM

The fact that the guy drives American-made P.O.S.'s clearly demonstrates he's a few cans shy of a full six-pack and/or delusional.

Let me guess: He's probably a mouth breather and has as many teeth in his head as he has eyes.

Old 10-16-2002, 05:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

hahaha.....there are some people like this, try to show off what they dont have. Relax~~ I wouldnt get into any conversation with such people....I would isntead just sit back and keep reading my magazine....make him look stupid.
Old 10-16-2002, 05:57 PM

I love playing head games with these dolts. I would have told him how phat his ride was and how quick it must be. These rednecks are all idiots. Doesn't take alot to confuse them.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:29 PM
swallac2

Originally posted by 2k1GrayMaxSE
The fact that the guy drives American-made P.O.S.'s clearly demonstrates he's a few cans shy of a full six-pack and/or delusional.

Let me guess: He's probably a mouth breather and has as many teeth in his head as he has eyes.

Easy on the American steel there bud (well unless you are talking about just this one person).

Maxima06071, your buddy there is the reason that American Muscle cars have such a bad reputation. These idiots make it rough for the rest of us.

I just keep thinkin Joe Dirt when I read your story!!

Old 10-16-2002, 06:32 PM
Maxima06071

Yeah Joe Dirte, he didn't have a mullet though. He was wearing a BAMA baseball cap and he was sporting bad dental hygene to boot.
I really can't overemphasise how "bad" his car looked.
And to make matters worse all the wheels had those faux chrome 15" hub caps with the ultra fancy disc brake simulaters.
I sometimes feel mean when I mock these people.....but they usually walk right into it.

Old 10-16-2002, 06:41 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

sometimes it's best to let nature take it's course... It will KILL the slow/weak ones first

Old 10-16-2002, 07:29 PM

260 hp?

another thing people think of the maxima...the 2k2/2k3 anyway.

them: what year maxima do you have?
me: 2002
them: the 260 hp one?
me: exactly

You know what's a good thing, no one expects a maxima to be as fast as it really is, Ultimate Sleeper. You can put $$$ on your maxima if you race one of those mustangs v6's and embarass them with your "4-cyl"
Old 10-16-2002, 07:45 PM

Originally posted by 2k1GrayMaxSE

That a car is made in America has nothing to do with quality. Camrys, Accords, Altimas, are all American made, and even some next-generation Maximas will be made here. I agree that his Firebird may be a POS, but don't blame America for GM's problems.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:07 PM

Yeah, Americans build "imports" too.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:58 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Humm,, I guess that would be most of my friends... I still hate imports, except for my Max..... ...
Old 10-17-2002, 04:54 AM

Re: Does it ever really **** you off how "ignorant" people can be?

Originally posted by Maxima06071
So I was sitting eating my lunch today reading my November Issue of SuperStreet, when suddenly some crazed, demented, glassy eyed "person" from out of the blue announced . . .

"Really.....What do you drive?"-Me
"Oh well I drive a FireBird, but it's in the shop. So Right now I'm driving a Mustang(I'll use that term lightly)untill my F-bird gets fixed."-Him
His "mustang" was the ****ty **** pile I've ever seen. It was a 1991 LX as fas as I could tell. The paint was in a festive christmas theme Red, White and Green. With spots of blue and yellow paint chips. I almost began to laugh, but didn't cause honestly the guy scared the crap out of me.
From the information I've gathered from people in general the concinsious is Maxima= 4cyl.
Which kinda ****es me off. I don't know why? Am I just being unrealistic? I mean nobody thinks Tauras's are 4cyl, or Pontiac Grand Prix.
Unfortunately for us, most Camrys, Accords, 626's, etc., ARE 4-cylinder cars, so to the uninformed, 6-cylinder Japanese-badged cars are at best rare and the concept of a 6-cylinder base model Japanese-badged car simply does not exist. Maybe that's fortunate . . .

What I also find amusing is that anybody with your lunch guest's attitudes living deep in NASCAR country who drives a Mustang would ever admit to owning a Firebird, or vice-versa.

Norm
Old 10-17-2002, 05:13 AM
swallac2

Originally posted by Maxima06071
Yeah Joe Dirte, he didn't have a mullet though. He was wearing a BAMA baseball cap and he was sporting bad dental hygene to boot.
I really can't overemphasise how "bad" his car looked.
And to make matters worse all the wheels had those faux chrome 15" hub caps with the ultra fancy disc brake simulaters.
I sometimes feel mean when I mock these people.....but they usually walk right into it.
Did he tell you it was a Hemi Mustang? The Hemi is like the holy grail to trailer dwellers. And yes I know Hemi is a Dodge thing. Was his regular car getting a foot print gas pedal installed or something?

Old 10-17-2002, 05:15 AM

This guy is just ignorant.

There must be a lot of 'neck' where you live. That sucks.
Old 10-17-2002, 05:20 AM
Maxima06071

Re: 260 hp?

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
another thing people think of the maxima...the 2k2/2k3 anyway.

them: what year maxima do you have?
me: 2002
them: the 260 hp one?
me: exactly

You know what's a good thing, no one expects a maxima to be as fast as it really is, Ultimate Sleeper. You can put $$$ on your maxima if you race one of those mustangs v6's and embarass them with your "4-cyl"
Yeah I've noticed that too. People tend to think my 2000 is New so they automaticly assume that it's got the VQ35, not good. Well it's good if I want to brag and let them fear my 255hp. Of course If I would ever race the Mustang GT I would get "it" handed to me. Well maybe not if I power shifted.
Oh and by the way ...I live in Birmingham, Alabama

Old 10-17-2002, 07:01 AM

A redneck haiku:

The mouth-breather speaks
Ignorance from the mullett
Vacuum leaks are not mods.

Thank you, thank you.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by hollywood7301
A redneck haiku:

The mouth-breather speaks
Ignorance from the mullett
Vacuum leaks are not mods.

Thank you, thank you.
That's 5-7-6 dude. Vacuum is 2 syllables.
Old 10-17-2002, 02:07 PM

Frued's survival of the fittest will take care of them.
"Hey do you want to go to Darlington for the NASCAR race."
"Na, if I want to see rednecks drive around in circles, I'll go to the Walmart parking lot."
Old 10-17-2002, 02:08 PM

One of the things I love most about the Max is its "sleeper" qualities. I'd never put ground effects, fancy wheels, coffee can exhaust ect on her........

Conservative...............clean..........until a mullet or rice pile pulls up......all cocky in their gas inhailing V-8 or bumblebee sounding honda with 800lbs of plastic.........

The light turns green and the Maxima makes them wonder what they spent their money on.
Old 10-17-2002, 02:17 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally posted by ru4real
Yeah, Americans build "imports" too.
Not mine....he he

I worked on a GM assembly line. I will note to this day I have not owned a GM car of ANY kind.
Old 10-17-2002, 02:24 PM

Originally posted by tbirdrob

That a car is made in America has nothing to do with quality. Camrys, Accords, Altimas, are all American made
Wrong on that one. Not all Camrys are made in the US. My dad was recently rear-ended breaking a set of the tail lights into a billion pieces and when we called the local body shop, they had my dad tell them whether the car was an American Camry or a Japanese, and it was a Japanese. He has the 2000 V6 Camry made on Japanese soil.
Old 10-17-2002, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT
Hey- he did title it "Redneck Haiku"!
Old 10-17-2002, 04:01 PM

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT
He should change "are not" to aren't... or ain't
Old 10-17-2002, 04:39 PM

Tell me about it....

I used to own a GM (1997 Pontiac Firebird w/ Ram Air). The thing WAS fast as hell, but what a POS. I had the thing in the shop about 10 times before I sold it 3 years later (with only 13K on the OD)!

I hate to say it, but it seems that American's don't take pride in their work anymore. I also had a Durango, nice truck but also shop-bound 4 times for the same problem! American cars are cheep, but you get what you pay for. I love my new max! I'm looking forward to the break in period so I can smoke some "muscle cars".

Not to mention, my T/A had 305 HP out of a 5.7 liter engine. My Max has 255 HP out of 3.5 liters. Do the math
Old 10-17-2002, 06:17 PM

Find out what year firebird he has. You might be able to spank him with your little 4 cylinder.
Old 10-17-2002, 06:26 PM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by Virus
Find out what year firebird he has. You might be able to spank him with your little 4 cylinder.
It's like a 91', I almost feel sorry for the guy I just saw him get out of it today while I was driving past Micky D's.
It's white with a Red! drivers door. The front end is missing. and the supension sags and the exhaust was hitting the ground.....I guess he just has a lot of "project" cars. I'ed take some pictures but I'd feel kind of guilty. Man that car looks like shibby!

Old 10-17-2002, 09:26 PM

The '91 Firebird is a nice car, I've always had a soft spot for that bodystyle. But the fact is although American cars are improving, the Japanese build a product of such superior quality that allows them to OUTLAST their counterparts.

The key is, does the redneck have a 350 smallblock V8 or the 3.1L V6? A good friend of mine has a 91 Firebird with the V6, and I handed it to him in my 96 GXE Auto several times - with 157,000 miles on my car.

GM's problem is their lack of development. Ford wised up and is builing better engines now, specifcially DOHC V6's (like the Duratec in the Taurus/Sable). GM's workhorse is the 3.8L V6, which is a great engine, but is a single-cam pushrod engine. It therefore is less efficient and produces less power than its competitors.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:38 PM
JET Speed Lab

all the strangers would complement my car, not diss it.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:10 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ToYLeT902
all the strangers would complement my car, not diss it.
I like your car Toylet.....I never saw it, but I like it.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:14 PM
JET Speed Lab

Originally posted by VQPowerSE

I like your car Toylet.....I never saw it, but I like it.
you shall soon see, a TRUE maxima

Old 10-18-2002, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by spaaz14
One of the things I love most about the Max is its "sleeper" qualities. I'd never put ground effects, fancy wheels, coffee can exhaust ect on her........

Conservative...............clean..........until a mullet or rice pile pulls up......all cocky in their gas inhailing V-8 or bumblebee sounding honda with 800lbs of plastic.........

The light turns green and the Maxima makes them wonder what they spent their money on.
yep, that's exactly why i got me 2k max...cuz i was in accord and camry central ...funny, not many cars seem to want to run with me at a light(when it turns green that that is).....only real run was with this bmw 330, dead even through 3rd, shut it down, ran out of road.....oh well............
but couldn't agree with you more on the sleeper look...all they see is my rims and "stock" muffler

now back to the ignorant thing.............
i would of just said, "God bless you and (with left hand in a Spock salutation mode), may you live long and prosper".

like someone here said bebore, don't argue with stupid people, they will where you down and beat you with experience.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:28 PM

'91, race him for titles. Unless he's taken extremely good care of it and it's modded you'll take him pretty easily. If it was in the shop chances are it hasn't been taken care of.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by Virus
'91, race him for titles. Unless he's taken extremely good care of it and it's modded you'll take him pretty easily. If it was in the shop chances are it hasn't been taken care of.
And when you get the slip, drive it off a cliff and save the rest of us from the sight of it.
Old 10-18-2002, 02:25 PM
Maxima06071

It's like a 91', I almost feel sorry for the guy I just saw him get out of it today while I was driving past Micky D's.
It's white with a Red! drivers door. The front end is missing. and the supension sags and the exhaust was hitting the ground.....I guess he just has a lot of "project" cars. I'ed take some pictures but I'd feel kind of guilty. Man that car looks like shibby!
I don't think anybody read this post ....HIS CAR IS A PIECE OF S H I T! I wouldn't wanna race it! the POS would probably explode and send a conrod into my face!

Old 10-18-2002, 02:45 PM

Re: Does it ever really **** you off how "ignorant" people can be?

Now thats funny you should have asked him to race you int the old piece of $hit mustang. After the race laugh in his face and just drive away leaving him feeling salty as hell
Old 10-18-2002, 06:17 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ToYLeT902
you shall soon see, a TRUE maxima

Uhh......as opposed to what?? An Elantra??