5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Me too !

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 10:20 AM

Me too !

I just had the transverse link arm recall performed and HU replaced. Sure enought the SCV function doesn't show. I can't beleive they forgot to plug-in one line - I would think it would be part of the main plug/harness. I'm thinking the HU doesn't have the feature. It didn't work well to begin with. I did call the service manager and ask why the unit wasn't tested properly after being replaced - oh and what's my compensation for having to waste more time at your service dept. ? "Well Sir you'll be the first car serviced". Nissan Service at its best.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:28 AM

Re: Me too !

Originally posted by maxatlast
I just had the transverse link arm recall performed and HU replaced. Sure enought the SCV function doesn't show. I can't beleive they forgot to plug-in one line - I would think it would be part of the main plug/harness. I'm thinking the HU doesn't have the feature. It didn't work well to begin with. I did call the service manager and ask why the unit wasn't tested properly after being replaced - oh and what's my compensation for having to waste more time at your service dept. ? "Well Sir you'll be the first car serviced". Nissan Service at its best.
haven't met a Nissan service guy that I can like (or trust)
YET
Old 10-22-2002, 11:42 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

Re: Re: Me too !

Originally posted by acMAX

haven't met a Nissan service guy that I can like (or trust)
YET
Oh, I have.. and he had quit by the next visit I had
Old 10-22-2002, 11:51 AM

Re: Me too !

Originally posted by maxatlast
Ask them to check the model numbers on the HU. Once they did that on mine they realized they had the wrong unit. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me keep the unit until they got a replacement, so they made me leave the car an extra day while they swapped my old unit back in.