5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

More Bose Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 05:24 PM

More Bose Problems

Took Max in today to have Bose replaced and front end recall done. Tech calls me and says that recall is done , but the replacement Bose works worse than the one that was in there so he has to order another one. What really bites is I just had put my new woodgrain kit on it before it stared f$$king up. So now I have no cd at all and I have to try to find replacemnt woodgrain parts. I love my Max but don't crap like this just **** you off!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 09:03 PM

Re: More Bose Problems

Originally posted by tmiller02
Took Max in today to have Bose replaced and front end recall done. Tech calls me and says that recall is done , but the replacement Bose works worse than the one that was in there so he has to order another one. What really bites is I just had put my new woodgrain kit on it before it stared f$$king up. So now I have no cd at all and I have to try to find replacemnt woodgrain parts. I love my Max but don't crap like this just **** you off!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow I haven't had any serious problems with the system except for the rear deck rattle. So what went wrong with your head unit.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:26 PM

Will Nissan fix the rear deck rattle on the sub?
Old 10-22-2002, 09:39 PM

Had Bose headunit replaced twice under warranty and it finally went out altogether last month. Prior HU's literally scratched my CD's on the surface, I mean literally scratched them. Last month HU actually went out and does not play the discs, it reads error. Went to a custom sound shop today and got a quote on a sysytem. $2250 total, that is including the 6.5 Boston Acoustic pro-series separate components that I already have at home. If you replace a Bose system with separate high quality components it will roughly run you $3K. Don't know if I'll do it but if I do I will let you guys know what I think. I know, Nissan N.A. really, really sucks the big one in my book.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:12 AM

SHP

My sub really does not rattle, just the left side of my HU keeps fading in and out.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:23 AM

In the morning cds' skip in my bose HU when it is cold out side the car has been doing this since the day I bought it. I just thought it was just what happens with bose. My factory 6disc cd changer in my Altima never had this problem. I will address this on the weekend with the service manager when I go in for an oil change. I have had the car for a year now is the Bose still under warranty. I am assuming the sound system has a 2 year warranty correct?
Old 10-23-2002, 08:24 AM

Originally posted by perrymaxima
In the morning cds' skip in my bose HU when it is cold out side the car has been doing this since the day I bought it. I just thought it was just what happens with bose. My factory 6disc cd changer in my Altima never had this problem. I will address this on the weekend with the service manager when I go in for an oil change. I have had the car for a year now is the Bose still under warranty. I am assuming the sound system has a 2 year warranty correct?
You have a 3/36 Bumper to Bumper warranty on the car. he question to your answer is yes, you are covered. However, you might find that if you do a search on Bose 6-disc cds on this forum, skipping is the least of other peoples problems. Some folks HU won't even work at all. There is an org member that is on his third unit, and counting.