5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I got pulled over tonight

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2000, 10:44 PM

Christmas eve, i'm driving home from my girlfriends house and its 11:15...i see this mercedes that was speeding some so i decide that i'll see if this guy wants to race...well, he didn't, but the light in front of us was red so i pulled from the right lane (which had a car already waiting at the stoplight) into the far left lane which had no cars...about 20ft. before i get to the crosswalk, i look in my rearview mirror and what do i see? those friendly blue and red lights. I turn left at that light and go into a shopping center parking lot. I have a radar detector (which i always detach and unplug when i get pulled over...makes the cop think you speed all the time) and it didn't go off so i know he didn't radar me...i am a pretty alert driver so i know he wasn't tailing me to get my speed so i pull in there thinking that he can't get me on anything. So he comes upto the window and asks for license, reg, insurance and i give it all to him...he then asks if i know why he pulled me over. i said i think i was speeding a little and i made a mistake etc. etc. etc. he asked how fast i thought i was going and i said about 50-55...he then asks what the speed limit was and i told him 45...he said that was the part of the road that started the residential section so it was a 40mph speed limit. He finds out my info...where i was, where i was going etc. etc. he then tells me that he was doing at least 90 to keep up w/ me and he thought i was going about 70. he keeps mentioning how he *could* arrest me for criminal speeding. He proceeds to take my license back and make me wait there w/ my window down in the arizona cold (hah) for about 10 minutes. As he is walking back to his car, one of his cop buddies pulls up next to him in a marked car (his was unmarked) and starts putting his siren on. so after 10 minutes, they both walk up to my car...he said that since it is christmas and he is in a really good mood he is not going to arrest me (i'm thinking...oooooooookkkkkk) and he is not gonna give me a ticket (because he didn't have a f*cking clue how fast i was going). but then he starts hastling me about my blue lights in the rear clear sidemarkers. i told him i wasn't aware that they were illegal (hah) and he gave me this lecture on how i look too much like an emergency vehicle. he then says that i seemed a little slow tonight and asks me if i've had anything to drink...i'm thinking wtf is this guys problem? does he just want to find SOMETHING to give me a ticket for? i told him that i haven't and that i was just nervous and he let me go...alright thats tonights story

the cops are good for some things (shootings, violence, etc.) but suck for traffic...all tickets say "if speed is reasonable and prudent" (something to that nature) and i think w/ no traffic or w/ a car that isn't a POS and handles well, my speed was perfectly reasonable and perfectly prudent...just my opinion though

everyone if you have any cop stories, feel free to post them on this subject
Old 12-24-2000, 11:54 PM

Hey i didnt know you were in az.. What part of town???
There is this cop that pulled me over last year in my alty. Actually i was along the side of the road pulled into a small business parking lot changing my tire and the police car pulls up. Im thinking cool he is gonna help me. The ****er gets out of the car draws his gun and screams at me to put my hands up. I was like what the **** did i do. He then procedes to scream at me and ask me why my sister and her friend are screaming (which they werent...) Then asks me over and over what im doing there even though i have a spare tire in my hand and the car jacked up..... He then tells me there was a fight across the street and i match the description... Ok.......
Then his partner comes and we all have to empty our pockets and get patted down and **** then guess what his partner find next to my car?? I pack of Rolling papers.. So he searches my car and doesnt find a damn thing. Then keeps harasing me for another few min and his partner decides they are wasteing their time and finally let us go. It was ****ing crazy! Damn pigs. So was the cop that messed with you a short white guy with short hair and control issues???

Adam
Old 12-24-2000, 11:59 PM

umm...its kinda hard to see them when they shine their brights right into your mirrors at just the right angle to blind you

i thought i talked to you already but it might have been someone else...i'm in scottsdale and this all happened on scottsdale rd. and a block from shea
Old 12-25-2000, 02:57 AM
Got Bent?

He said your car looks too much like an emergency vehicle? Whaaat!? He was really looking for something to get you on...Perhaps they were just bored
Old 12-25-2000, 07:56 AM

Yeah, sometimes I think my car looks like a hook and ladder! Sheesh! Well, MrBurner, you got your present a little early this year! Consider yourself lucky & Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2000, 11:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I swear, some cops just looking for an excuse to pull you over. If I'm pulled over for speeding, fine. However, when I get pulled over for having my fog lights on, WTF?! I know that there was no fog, but the lights were there for a reason, why can't I use it? Stupid. Down here in New Orleans, I heard stories from people with fixed up cars that are just constantly getting harassed by local cops. I heard from people that got pulled over not for speeding, but the cops would check out their car for anything, and I mean anything that he/she could give a ticket for. I know there are many good cops that are out there risking their lives to protect the community. The problem is the fact there are cops that just sit on their ***, and issue tickets. I know this because a friend of mine happens to be a cop. From what he tells me, it seem like the cops get rewards, credits, bonus, or whatever for x amount of tickets they give out. That's messed up. The next time I'm going to get pulled over for some petty thing like having my fog lights on, or something minor other than speeding, I'm going to give the cop a piece of my mind. I'll probably say this: "here you are giving me a ticket for a petty little thing like having my fog lights on, or illegal lights, while there are still criminals on the loose out there; no wonder the crime rate in our city is so high! yeah...my tax dollars are really at work here!" Sorry for venting, but I just haven't had much good run in with cops. My sister once had her car broken into, and even one time, she got carjacked. And the cops were no where to be found. It took them forever to get to the spot of the incident. To say the least, the crook was long gone by then. Excuse my long rant.