5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

UPDATE: New Maxima pulling to the right

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 06:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi all,

First, thanks to all of you who replied to my earlier post and offered advice. Here's the continuation of the saga:

I went to the dealership again and had the lead mechanic test drive it (really nice guy). He agreed there was a problem but since my car was already aligned and tire pressure was correct he switched the front tires and ...what a surprise -now my Maxiuma pulled to the left! To make a long story short, he blamed the issue on a manufacturing problem with the tires (radial pull). Now, maybe you don't know that but Nissan does not warrant your tires: the tire company does (in my case Bridgestone). So I was politely told to go take my case with them. I could not believe it: I have a problem with a brand new, top-of-the-line car and they point me to the tire company instead of taking responsibility and fixing it. I did not accept it and after a bit of arguing with the service manager she agreed they'll do it for me (but made me feel it is a big favor)!!!

I had to rent a car (at my expene, of course) and wait for 2 days until they fixed it (replaced both front tires). The good news: My Maxima now goes straight - definitely tire problem.
Bad news: I spent hours and money fixing a problem that should not have been there to begin with, I also drove a faulty car for 3 months and the dealership decline to aknowledge the problem until my 3rd visit.

Although the service should have found the issue earlier, my problem is really with Nissan. After I signed the dotted line I feel that I have become a second class citizen -they have my money so they don't care! And then I get these canned surveys in the mail asking me for my opinion and whether I'm going to recommend Nissan to my friends...

Many people in this forum have legitimate issues with Nissan and it sounds like Nissan is doing a poor jog of handling a very loyal customer base (I wonder how much it costs them to acquire a new customer vs. keeping an existing one)

Bottom line: we all paid a lot of money for a great car, but are treated poorly by Nissan. Well, I don't plan on keeping quite and I will encourage you to do the same about the issues you were having with your Maximas: let Nissan know what you think and how their future sales will be affected by their attitude!

Keep on contributing to this great forum.

Best Regards,

Vadim
Old 10-25-2002, 07:14 PM

Thanks for the update! Did you say they replaced 4 brand new bridgestone tires for you?
Old 10-25-2002, 07:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nope, they replaced just the front two (it still leads me to think there was a problem there) - seemed to solve it for now )

Vadim