5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Maxspeed order follow-up

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 08:23 AM

Maxspeed order follow-up

About a week ago I posted my trouble in receiving a set of Maxspeed springs. I promised then (to those that cared ) that I would follow-up once all was completed. Well, here it is nearly 2 weeks since I ordered the darn things in the first place.

I ordered the springs for $105 from WhalenTire.com. I wasn't really wanting to deal with "hassle" of Ebay and this site seemed to be a reputable, professional e-business. I placed this order on a Sun, the order was processed and sent out on Monday, and I received the first (damaged) springs on that Friday. I immeadiately called Whalentire back as soon as I inspected the actual damage to the springs themselves. A very helpful fellow by the name of Steve, assured me that he would take care of the return shipment of the first set of springs, full refund, and would immeadiately ship out a new set. He also sounded very surprised that I seemed to be accusing his company of any improprity (It had seemed like several places on the springs had been re-painted - it only made sense to me that the reseller or manufactuerer would do this). He did everything he said he would do - shipping the new springs (I did have to pay for them again as he would credit the originals back upon return) out on Monday of last week.

Unfortunately, he shipped to my home address as opposed to the business address like the first shipment. This made NO sense. Now, our UPS office is closed all weekend and I only found out about the mis-shipment around 4-5pm Friday night. I immeadiately called UPS and requested picking-up the package at the UPS office that evening. The UPS rep told me that I would get a call-back within 1 hour. To make a long story short, I did not get the springs until Monday morning. GRRR. I expected to install those springs last Saturday.

The end result is this. UPS sucks. Their customer service people lie and do not initiate contact on their own. Their shipping methods suck (even though the good folks at Whalentire reinforced the second shipment VERY well, the outer box was still damaged). When I dropped by UPS monday morning there were a few others there that told strikingly similar stories.

1) HATE on UPS...
2) WhalenTire has excellent response to problems and aside from not offering another shipping service (USPS is sounding more appealing everyday ) their only mistake as I see it was getting the shipping of the second shipment wrong. Quite honestly, I am willing to forgive that.

Whew! Thanks for listening to me vent guys.
Tomorrow is drop day...
Old 11-01-2002, 08:47 AM

Re: Maxspeed order follow-up

Originally posted by maxxximus
About a week ago I posted my trouble in receiving a set of Maxspeed springs. I promised then (to those that cared ) that I would follow-up once all was completed. Well, here it is nearly 2 weeks since I ordered the darn things in the first place.

I ordered the springs for $105 from WhalenTire.com. I wasn't really wanting to deal with "hassle" of Ebay and this site seemed to be a reputable, professional e-business. I placed this order on a Sun, the order was processed and sent out on Monday, and I received the first (damaged) springs on that Friday. I immeadiately called Whalentire back as soon as I inspected the actual damage to the springs themselves. A very helpful fellow by the name of Steve, assured me that he would take care of the return shipment of the first set of springs, full refund, and would immeadiately ship out a new set. He also sounded very surprised that I seemed to be accusing his company of any improprity (It had seemed like several places on the springs had been re-painted - it only made sense to me that the reseller or manufactuerer would do this). He did everything he said he would do - shipping the new springs (I did have to pay for them again as he would credit the originals back upon return) out on Monday of last week.

Unfortunately, he shipped to my home address as opposed to the business address like the first shipment. This made NO sense. Now, our UPS office is closed all weekend and I only found out about the mis-shipment around 4-5pm Friday night. I immeadiately called UPS and requested picking-up the package at the UPS office that evening. The UPS rep told me that I would get a call-back within 1 hour. To make a long story short, I did not get the springs until Monday morning. GRRR. I expected to install those springs last Saturday.

The end result is this. UPS sucks. Their customer service people lie and do not initiate contact on their own. Their shipping methods suck (even though the good folks at Whalentire reinforced the second shipment VERY well, the outer box was still damaged). When I dropped by UPS monday morning there were a few others there that told strikingly similar stories.

1) HATE on UPS...
2) WhalenTire has excellent response to problems and aside from not offering another shipping service (USPS is sounding more appealing everyday ) their only mistake as I see it was getting the shipping of the second shipment wrong. Quite honestly, I am willing to forgive that.

Whew! Thanks for listening to me vent guys.
Tomorrow is drop day...
Congrats! Keep me informed on the drop. I recently did mine a week ago and have not measured since, but have been checking for abnormal tire wear (no alignment yet).

The shop measured about a 1.25 drop in front and .75 drop in back. I've put 600+ miles on the car since the installation so I will measure again soon.