5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Excuuuussseeee Me, Mr Mustang!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 09:29 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by 2000 SE

Russ, I don't know if you selectively read but this was in Dave's post that was above mine.

Have you noticed that you turn every thread into a CL-S thread, and a Russ bashing thread?? I think you like the attention.

So basically with you driving it will never happen?? I am still confused why you have a maxima site of your own, but still post here and cause wars.
I am not causing any wars. And Dave was responding above to back me up with my details since the guy above doubted that was the changes and it was a different engine when he was wrong. Sorry I like placing the facts out. Also he never said that was to me, per the rest of his message it was more directed to the guy who was wrong.

You don't see me causing any wars here. You guys come in here start making smart *** comments on teh CL-S because I am here. LOL.

Old 11-18-2002, 09:33 AM

Originally posted by meccanoble

all those mods and u only run a 14.6???
yeah, but he ran close to 99mph with only 750lbs of bottle pressure and he is on his heavy 18's. Give him some drag radials and with his pressure being near 1000psi he will run really close to 13's at over 100mph.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:38 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by 2000 SE

yeah, but he ran close to 99mph with only 750lbs of bottle pressure and he is on his heavy 18's. Give him some drag radials and with his pressure being near 1000psi he will run really close to 13's at over 100mph.
he will be well over 100 mph running a 75 shot. He should be close to 102-103 range when he gets the system working right. 13's will come on street tires with a little traction.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac

I am not causing any wars. And Dave was responding above to back me up with my details since the guy above doubted that was the changes and it was a different engine when he was wrong. Sorry I like placing the facts out. Also he never said that was to me, per the rest of his message it was more directed to the guy who was wrong.
me:
Please don't start trying to inform us on the mustang,
Dave:
Don't try to educate us please.
I don't see him supporting you!
And I only like bashing on you with your cl-s because you have absolutely no credibility.

You know as well as most of the members here know, that when you owned your Maxima's they were the fastest and most superior car to you. You beat everything you raced and gloated about it. You even trashed talked the cl-s when it first came out, and how you smoked a brand new one with paper tags.....

Now you have a cl-s and it is superior to everything! You are a the perfect definition of a Riceboy!
Old 11-18-2002, 09:53 AM
RussMaxManiac

I have more creditibility than you think. You like copying what a few others do just because you think you can. I get asked questions every day on IM and email about the Maxima. I have alot of knowledge when it comes to those cars since I have been working on them since 1996. Also you do not know anything about me, so don't make assumptions. So because you think I don't have creditiblitym, you can try to bash me? lol real smart. Well I had the 2nd fastest 2001 5spd Maxima to date that was stock. And still its time was faster than most modded ones :P 14.83 at 94.6 mph. Till you can beat that, you have no room to speak.

Old 11-18-2002, 10:15 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Originally posted by meccanoble

all those mods and u only run a 14.6???
You drive a purple car??
Old 11-18-2002, 10:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

First off, all of you guys are off on the new stangs. The 99+ GT's came with Performance improved heads, a better intake, better cams, and a set of dished pistons to lower the compression back down to 9.1:1-9.4: from the new heads.

00gxe5sp- Your just a typical internet dumbass. Not even worth talking to you.

I have seen stock GT's run 13.6's to 14.2's with a good driver. I have personally witnessed a guy I know run a 13.3X in his girlfriends bone stock bullitt on 275/40 nittos at HRP. Whoever said that an auto takes off .3-.4 in the quarter, well bs again, a few GT's at the corral have slips of 14.0-14.2 runs bone stock.

Dave B. Either your track sucks, or the people where you live cant drive Drove my friends bone stock 01 GT with only a KN to a 13.98 at 99.84 last spring. It was a strong car, out of the factory, dynoed 231rwhp bone stock.

There are plenty of 12 second naturally aspirated GT's running around, and a few 11 second ones now too. Not trying to rain on you guys parade, but a lot of the talk going on in here is just retarded. Lacking in the technical area I should say. My 98 GT is all motor and traps over 106MPH, and would be glad to put a couple of bus lengths on some you that dont believe it.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:18 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by asu174

You drive a purple car??

Old 11-18-2002, 10:20 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by Your mama
First off, all of you guys are off on the new stangs. The 99+ GT's came with Performance improved heads, a better intake, better cams, and a set of dished pistons to lower the compression back down to 9.1:1-9.4: from the new heads.

I have seen stock GT's run 13.6's to 14.2's with a good driver. I have personally witnessed a guy I know run a 13.3X in his girlfriends bone stock bullitt on 275/40 nittos at HRP. Whoever said that an auto takes off .3-.4 in the quarter, well bs again, a few GT's at the corral have slips of 14.0-14.2 runs bone stock.

Dave B. Either your track sucks, or the people where you live cant drive Drove my friends bone stock 01 GT with only a KN to a 13.98 at 99.84 last spring. It was a strong car, out of the factory, dynoed 231rwhp bone stock.

There are plenty of 12 second naturally aspirated GT's running around, and a few 11 second ones now too. Not trying to rain on you guys parade, but a lot of the talk going on in here is just retarded. Lacking in the technical area I should say. My 98 GT is all motor and traps over 106MPH, and would be glad to put a couple of bus lengths on some you that dont believe it.
hi russ
Old 11-18-2002, 10:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by 2K2_6spd

This is the closest look you'd get at my "Bright a$$ ugly yellow" Stang. Congrats on the V6 kill, stud.

You guys know I'd have to say something about this one, especially when he went there with the yellow comment.
I had to register just to comment on your car! You took my liscense plate idea! I was going to get 'LS WHAT'! DAMMIT! Hahaha!

Sweet looking car, BTW--I really dig the lack of spoiler and exhaust tips, it makes for a real sleeper. Of course, I'm a little biased--I put V-6 badges on mine, and it's got dumps now. Hahaha!
Old 11-18-2002, 10:27 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by blubyu2k2

hi russ
Umm thats not me.

Old 11-18-2002, 10:37 AM
Blu
the tits

Umm thats not me.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:00 AM

Originally posted by killer2002SE

i also have a family sedan vs. a sports race car.
also, im an auto, hes a 5spd, doesnt an auto have a 18% drivetrain loss?

oh yea, i was bone stock at the time and he has lets see, flowmasters, intake, headers, straight pipe, and an H pipe...
Those parts may have gotten him 15hp, so you're still ahead power wise, and what does your car weigh? His is 3250-3300, without driver.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:10 AM

Can't we all just get along? It's just amazing how many folks here worship the mighty mustang. It's best we Maximaniacs never log on to a Mustang forum. We just might find our lost org brothers there, I hope they are bashing the stangers boys over there. As much as I don't worxhip our car like a mighty god(which it's not), I think a tad bit of respect of respect is due here. And to Russ and his bashers, I've read numerous posts that give lots of credibility to your knowledge, beleive me, we know that your bright. However, this is also not www.acura-cl.com really, it isn't. Not trying to flame you or **** you off, I might just wind up PM'ing you for questions on the CL-S or mighty Max.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by rubman
Can't we all just get along? It's just amazing how many folks here worship the mighty mustang. It's best we Maximaniacs never log on to a Mustang forum. We just might find our lost org brothers there, I hope they are bashing the stangers boys over there. As much as I don't worxhip our car like a mighty god(which it's not), I think a tad bit of respect of respect is due here. And to Russ and his bashers, I've read numerous posts that give lots of credibility to your knowledge, beleive me, we know that your bright. However, this is also not www.acura-cl.com really, it isn't. Not trying to flame you or **** you off, I might just wind up PM'ing you for questions on the CL-S or mighty Max.
no one here WORSHIPS the other car. Maybe if you would go to other car forums to see what they talk about, you would learn more. We are allowed to like other cars besides the maxima you know? I go to stangnet at least twice a week to read about Mustangs and people there like our car. Except a few that just hate all imports and dis it for having 4 doors, but those people aren't even taken seriously by the mustang owners.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:20 AM

Re: Re: Excuuuussseeee Me, Mr Mustang!!!

Originally posted by 02MaximizedVQ

Two thoughts. 1) Its amazing how many import drivers begin their obessions by a Mustang confrontation 2) You can go to any message board in the entire internet and post a story about a Mustang killed by an import and have a mustang troll reply saying that they have "a stock GT with slicks, 4.55, and headers" and would blow you away

I firmly believe Ford has hired an army of internet users to search for and reply to anything that might make the company look bad. Maybe they should focus alittle more on their QC.

Jesse
I must be one of those trolls, except I haven't seen a check from Ford yet I think it can be summed up with a lot of mustang owners on the net are car enthusiasts and thus read a lot of other car's pages. Also, why is it such a big deal when you beat one? Cylinder envy? I'm just kidding so don't flame the shyte out of me.

You asked why a lot of people live for Mustang confrontations: the short answer is the Mustang is the bang for the buck champ. If you loose to one, oh well, that's the way it's "supposed" to be. If you beat one, then cool! Your car is validated as fast since you beat a car that everyone "knows" is fast. On the mustang pages, nobody gives a flying f--k if you beat even a heavily modded Maxima.

The usual come back I've see from a lot of import owners to loosing to a mustang is: yeah but it's gonna fall apart by 70K. Well, I have a 5.0 Cobra that puts more power to the wheels than most of you make at the flywheel, and it has 95K miles and no problems!

I've read your 1/4 mile posts, and there are 2 in the 12's? There are more street mustangs in the 11's posted at corral.net than that, but oh well.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:26 PM

Dirt cheap recipe for 13's from 99+ 5 speed GT:

iced intake: $1.49
remove air filter and air box: free
remove the spare tire and jack: free
leave the line at 4000rpm's slipping the clutch: free

If you want your car to not eat engine kiling particles, spend $40 on a K&N.

You guys can be like a lot of mutangers are to modded imports: ostriches with your heads in the sand assuming they are not as fast as they really are. If I am going to put money on a race between equal drivers in a 99+ GT and newer Maxima, my money is going on the mustang every time.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: Re: Excuuuussseeee Me, Mr Mustang!!!

Originally posted by mkoebra95

The usual come back I've see from a lot of import owners to loosing to a mustang is: yeah but it's gonna fall apart by 70K. Well, I have a 5.0 Cobra that puts more power to the wheels than most of you make at the flywheel, and it has 95K miles and no problems!

Must've seen my corral post! Muwahahaha!

Another difference between most import boards and domestic boards is that domestic owners surfing import boards are always 'trolls' whereas an import owner on a domestic board is usually given respect until he proves himself to be an idiot or a troll.

That annoys me. I surf alot of different boards, and never bash the cars on whatever board I'm on. I just read alot to try and learn new stuff.
Old 11-18-2002, 01:58 PM

FREAKIN' CAPS LOCK IS STAYING ON FOR THIS ONE....

OK...ALL OF YOU AMERICAN FLAG WAVING, GOOD TO THE CORE GOOD OL' BOY MUSTANG DRIVERS.....

I LOVE OUR COUNTRY JUST LIKE YOU DO...WOULDN'T GET PAID A MILLION $$ TO LIVE ANYWHERE ELSE....

WITH THAT SAID....GO UP TO YOUR LOCAL FORD DEALER, LOOK AT THE STICKER ON MOST OF THE CARS (INCLUDING YOUR BELOVED, (UGLY) MUSTANGS) AND SEE WHERE THEY ARE BUILT, ALSO, LOOK TO SEE WHERE THE PARTS COME FROM....UNLESS YOU LIKE TO SUPPORT YOUR MEXICAN BRETHREN...BUYING A MUSTANG IS NO MORE AMERICAN THAN BUYING A HONDA.....ACTUALLY...THE ACCORDS ARE BUILT HERE....SO YOU WOULD BE DOING OUR COUNTRY MORE JUSTICE TO BUY A "RICE BURNER"....
Old 11-18-2002, 02:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: FREAKIN' CAPS LOCK IS STAYING ON FOR THIS ONE....

Originally posted by 00gxe5sp
OK...ALL OF YOU AMERICAN FLAG WAVING, GOOD TO THE CORE GOOD OL' BOY MUSTANG DRIVERS.....

I LOVE OUR COUNTRY JUST LIKE YOU DO...WOULDN'T GET PAID A MILLION $$ TO LIVE ANYWHERE ELSE....

WITH THAT SAID....GO UP TO YOUR LOCAL FORD DEALER, LOOK AT THE STICKER ON MOST OF THE CARS (INCLUDING YOUR BELOVED, (UGLY) MUSTANGS) AND SEE WHERE THEY ARE BUILT, ALSO, LOOK TO SEE WHERE THE PARTS COME FROM....UNLESS YOU LIKE TO SUPPORT YOUR MEXICAN BRETHREN...BUYING A MUSTANG IS NO MORE AMERICAN THAN BUYING A HONDA.....ACTUALLY...THE ACCORDS ARE BUILT HERE....SO YOU WOULD BE DOING OUR COUNTRY MORE JUSTICE TO BUY A "RICE BURNER"....
Scroll all the way to the end http://autos.msn.com/vip/specificati...=10188&src=vip

F-Bodys are made (were made) in Canada

And for the record, I think a Brand new GT looks a lot nicer than your GXE
Old 11-18-2002, 02:15 PM

I'M READY WHEN YOU ARE.....

BUT JUST FACE IT BUDDY....I BEAT AN AUTOMATIC V8 MUSTANG...I HAVE NO MODS...JUST GOOD DRIVING SKILLS.....

IF THIS IS MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE IN YOUR PEA SIZE BRAIN...AND YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO NAME CALLING BECAUSE OF YOUR LACK OF VOCABULARY....THEN I REALLY FEEL BAD FOR YOU

A STOCK 5-SPEED MAXIMA BEAT AN AUTOMATIC MUSTANG GT....SORRY...

MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK AT A CAMARO IF YOU NEED SOME MORE HORSES...OR MAYBE A CORVETTE IF YOU CAN AFFORD ONE...

I PERSONALLY PREFER A CAR THAT WILL LAST ATLEAST 200K MILES....

Old 11-18-2002, 02:17 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: FREAKIN' CAPS LOCK IS STAYING ON FOR THIS ONE....

Huh? He talking about Fords? You're referrig to F-bodies? Anyhoo, despite where the car is assembled, it's fairly known(or should be for that matter) that no car is totally "American" "Japanese" "German" etc.... ie.. Alot of Ford's parts are made in Mexico as the above poster said. But many of world's automaker source their parts from all over the world.

Originally posted by Burton069

Scroll all the way to the end http://autos.msn.com/vip/specificati...=10188&src=vip

Old 11-18-2002, 02:21 PM

Re: Re: FREAKIN' CAPS LOCK IS STAYING ON FOR THIS ONE....

AND I THINK YOU WASTED MONEY ON A MAXIMA WITH A $6,000 EMBELEM....
Old 11-18-2002, 02:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'M READY WHEN YOU ARE.....

BUT JUST FACE IT BUDDY....I BEAT AN AUTOMATIC V8 MUSTANG...I HAVE NO MODS...JUST GOOD DRIVING SKILLS.....

IF THIS IS MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE IN YOUR PEA SIZE BRAIN...AND YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO NAME CALLING BECAUSE OF YOUR LACK OF VOCABULARY....THEN I REALLY FEEL BAD FOR YOU

A STOCK 5-SPEED MAXIMA BEAT AN AUTOMATIC MUSTANG GT....SORRY...

MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK AT A CAMARO IF YOU NEED SOME MORE HORSES...OR MAYBE A CORVETTE IF YOU CAN AFFORD ONE...

I PERSONALLY PREFER A CAR THAT WILL LAST ATLEAST 200K MILES....

well, my stang has 119000 miles on it, hope to drive it to 200,000, no problems yet, stock block, stock tranny, oh yeah, with over 140 passes at my track. I really dont need anymore power right now. I ran a 12.91 last week on pure motor, on 17 inch rubber, with nothing taken out of the car and am waiting to have my car tuned on a wideband meter with a new NX kit witch I will be spraying 125 shot. I have yet to see a stock maxima run a 14.092, what I personally witnessed my friend run in a bone stock auto 02 GT. CYA in the 11's on 17 inch rubber soon, or most likely not!
Old 11-18-2002, 02:36 PM

Re: Re: Re: FREAKIN' CAPS LOCK IS STAYING ON FOR THIS ONE....

AND I THINK YOU WASTED MONEY ON A MAXIMA WITH A $6,000 EMBELEM....
Lets see...

Infiniti
Much better service
Higher resale value

and 6 grand? Basically my car is a 2001 SE/GLE with every option POSSIBLE option plus HIDs (and of course the sun shade which you couldn't get if you wanted to. Try 3 grand more. And in the long run it is well worth it considering how the Maximas depreciate much more than the I30.

And even though you tried to offend me by saying I overpaid 6000, I still think your GXE is uglier than a Stang... GET SOME RIMS!
Old 11-18-2002, 02:48 PM
I'm needing a caw

We have a few maximas that broke the 14 sec barrier. Pretty good for a na V6 displacing only 3.5 liters.

well, my stang has 119000 miles on it, hope to drive it to 200,000, no problems yet, stock block, stock tranny, oh yeah, with over 140 passes at my track. I really dont need anymore power right now. I ran a 12.91 last week on pure motor, on 17 inch rubber, with nothing taken out of the car and am waiting to have my car tuned on a wideband meter with a new NX kit witch I will be spraying 125 shot. I have yet to see a stock maxima run a 14.092, what I personally witnessed my friend run in a bone stock auto 02 GT. CYA in the 11's on 17 inch rubber soon, or most likely not!
Old 11-18-2002, 03:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

That is great. I am not saying those times are not respectable, nor a mid 14. I have a lot of real life exp. with the 4.6 mod motor and drag racing, in that sense I was trying to clear up some of the misleadings that were going on, not bashing any car. I respect anybody who takes there car out to the track to race, whether it is a 10 second or 15 second car. But to the outsiders that do not own a 4.6 and do not race in FFW and NMRA events, you are just a bench racer, and have little Facts to speak of just bc you only saw this car or that car run whatever at your local track.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:11 PM
I'm needing a caw

Are you saying I have little facts? Both have posted their times for everyone to see(including you). Goodness gracious, I would hope a 4.6 liter dohc V8 with Ford's latest engine management would put down some decent numbers. Dunno, Infiniti was getting 280hp out of 4.1 liters back in 1990. Too bad the car it was propelling weighed close to 4,000 lbs. hahaha

That is great. I am not saying those times are not respectable, nor a mid 14. I have a lot of real life exp. with the 4.6 mod motor and drag racing, in that sense I was trying to clear up some of the misleadings that were going on, not bashing any car. I respect anybody who takes there car out to the track to race, whether it is a 10 second or 15 second car. But to the outsiders that do not own a 4.6 and do not race in FFW and NMRA events, you are just a bench racer, and have little Facts to speak of just bc you only saw this car or that car run whatever at your local track.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Are you saying I have little facts? Both have posted their times for everyone to see(including you). Goodness gracious, I would hope a 4.6 liter dohc V8 with Ford's latest engine management would put down some decent numbers. Dunno, Infiniti was getting 280hp out of 4.1 liters back in 1990. Too bad the car it was propelling weighed close to 4,000 lbs. hahaha

You really should not start into a stupid ****ing contest over who makes a more powerfull engine. Ford has more than the capability of doing it. Take a look at the FR500 motors, or the new modular 5.0 crate motor they are going to release. Another bench racer qouting hp figures.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:18 PM

Hahaha, this is great, you guys asked for it tho' I have much love for the Maxima, and I think my 2k2 will run head to head with a 99+ GT, but I know that a 2000SE would get smigity, smigity, smoked by a 99+ car. What's the average 5 spd SE trap, 91-93mph, whereas the 99+ Stangs will trap 97-100 mph, the proof is in the pudding. I love my Max, but the Mustang also pulls much more tail than the Max ever could, point made.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:21 PM
I'm needing a caw

Sorta like your post right? Sheesh contradiction city.

Capability or not, Ford must have decided that it wasn't that necessary in 1990 huh? Whatever.... I guess you are going to start into the xxxxxing contest now(despite your contradictary post not too).

Capability Don't you think almost every major manufacturer on the planet could just about make a motor to put out just about any hp they wanted? again.

You really should not start into a stupid ****ing contest over who makes a more powerfull engine. Ford has more than the capability of doing it. Take a look at the FR500 motors, or the new modular 5.0 crate motor they are going to release. Another bench racer qouting hp figures. laugh:
Old 11-18-2002, 03:25 PM

I have more creditibility than you think. You like copying what a few others do just because you think you can. I get asked questions every day on IM and email about the Maxima. I have alot of knowledge when it comes to those cars since I have been working on them since 1996. Also you do not know anything about me, so don't make assumptions. So because you think I don't have creditiblitym, you can try to bash me? lol real smart. Well I had the 2nd fastest 2001 5spd Maxima to date that was stock. And still its time was faster than most modded ones :P 14.83 at 94.6 mph. Till you can beat that, you have no room to speak.
First, what am I copying?

Second, I am not bashing you. I just clearly remember your maxima was like gods chariot and now you think your cl-s is a chariot. If you drove a neon you would probably think it was a chariot.

I don't make assumptions about you credibility, if you would like I can go to the archives and pull up some of your posts. And how did I know that you were going to come up with that second fastest stock maxima crap!

What I really love about you is that you is that you make every post that you are involved in funny. Some how it always turns into a Russ vs. the org. or CL-S vs. Maxima no matter what the subject matter is.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2k2_6spd, what was your setup on your old car. Stock heads? Not bad if so. Did you retard your timing with an adjuster, or get a flip chip. Still deciding if I want to make a couple of passes without the car tuned. I have a steeda TA.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:43 PM

2k2_6spd, what was your setup on your old car. Stock heads? Not bad if so. Did you retard your timing with an adjuster, or get a flip chip. Still deciding if I want to make a couple of passes without the car tuned. I have a steeda TA.
It's not my old car, I still have it. I have Stock heads, stock cams, stock headers, pro chamber, pro dumps, 3.73's, timing adjuster set at 8deg for the 150 jets, FRPP pullies, NOS 5171 dry kit. No chip, it has run 13.67@101.25 on motor. And it has a race weight of 3450 with me in it. There's a few more small mods on it, but I can't remember them all.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se

The 4.6 Cobra engine has went from 305hp to 320hp to 390hp(forced induction) from 96 to 03. Before that it was concervatively rated at 285 in the Lincoln MKVIII's. A horsepower figure in and of itself doesn't mean anything really though. A broad torque curve is more desirable to a peak hp # since hp is nothing more than ft-lbs x rpm / 5252. Also, an engine's torque making capability is directly related to it's cylinder diameter and displacement. Putting the two together, you HAVE to spin the crap out of a smaller displacement motor to make ANY horsepower. That is unless you want to go forced induction but that is a whole other story.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: FREAKIN' CAPS LOCK IS STAYING ON FOR THIS ONE....

Lets see...

Infiniti
Much better service
Higher resale value

and 6 grand? Basically my car is a 2001 SE/GLE with every option POSSIBLE option plus HIDs (and of course the sun shade which you couldn't get if you wanted to. Try 3 grand more. And in the long run it is well worth it considering how the Maximas depreciate much more than the I30.

And even though you tried to offend me by saying I overpaid 6000, I still think your GXE is uglier than a Stang... GET SOME RIMS!
actually around here...a clean GXE (which mine is, thank you very much) would get more looks than any mustang, as down here mustangs are considered red neckish. Also, I know i need some rims...but I am considering selling this car and trading up to a newer SE...

I got a good deal on this car...so I may be able to sell it at a profit. If i do this, no one will believe me....so I'll be sure to scan the bill of sale, check, etc.

Also...that's cool and all that you spent $3,000 on an embelem, and not $6,000. But just remeber who your daddy is if you pulled up next to me at a stoplight....I guess you could powerbrake that ol' slush box to try and get a decent jump from 0 - 30....

Old 11-18-2002, 09:37 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

It's good you came in here and set Russ straight about the differences between the 99+ GT vs the 96-98 GT.

As for my track, Kansas City International Raceway, yes it probably is slow. I use to own a 94 Z28 prior to my Maxima. Years ago, I went to HRP for a big F-Body meet. I was consistently running 13.4-13.5s@103mph+. At KCIR, my Z28 struggled to get 13.7-13.8s@101, even in cooler weather and with better 60 foots. Being at sea level and being coastal makes a big difference, you know. And HRP is a quick track. Everyone knows this.

I've seen more than my fair share of 99+ GTs make their way down my track. The only ones that crack into the 13s are on drag tires with fairly extensive mods or their pushing nitrous. The 99 and 01 Cobras are getting 13.8-14.2s@100mph at my track. This is no BS. If you think this is bad, don't get me started about the LS1 F-Bodies.

Dave
Old 11-18-2002, 10:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by Dave B

And HRP is a quick track.

Dave
Yep, and I love it, except for all the cars that come from the town with millions of people next door to it. One of my bset friends has cut 1.4x's there with his daily driven ls1. http://www.onyx.cz28.com/Videos/1102.mpg
http://www.onyx.cz28.com/Videos/Onyx--Mark.mpeg

Had to throw my car in that second one as well
Old 11-19-2002, 02:54 AM

Why does everyone find it so hard to believe that a 00 5spd walked on a V8 GT? Its been done time and time again, and Maximas have had their share of defeats and so have the Stangs, whats so hard to believe, it happens in the real world. I, myself, have a 2k auto with intake and ypipe and have run into some auto 99+ GTs, after 40mph, the convertibles get walked, and coupes are much closer but i inch away. Ive also run 5spd 99+ GTs, coupe and convertibles, and the convertibles walk me and the coupes walk faster. A 2k 5spd will outrun a 2k auto with i/y/e, ive raced 5spd maximas and the outcome is the same, they pull and they pull quite hard. If the Stang was auto and V8 the 2k 5spd would win, if both are stock, if the stang was 5spd the maxima still have a very good chance of winning depending on the drivers.

Dave B is one of our major sources for ET, and comparison between maxima and other cars, and regardless of how slow the times are at his track, its all relative to the area. Ever heard of elevation and sea level, on Earth it happens to exist. So even if some guy ran 13.xx at one track, he may only be able to hit 19.xx on top of Everest, doesnt mean the car is weak, or the driver is bad, it just means theres other factors to consider. If Dave ran 14.xx @ 96mph at lets say 5000ft, then at sea level he could very well run .3 and 2mph faster, as will the mustangs, and they will still run even. If u saw a guy run 14.2 @ a track, u cant compare to a maxima that ran a 14.6 @ another track with a significant difference in elevation. Your 14.0 GT may only be a 14.5 @ Dave's track.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:12 AM

You guys can go ahead and call BS on me too, as its plain to see that some are so quick to do so. Its simple, in real life, **** happens, i mean cmon, most people have better things to do than to post BS stories on the internet. I ran my friend who has a 5spd 4th gen with intake, we ran dead even from a stop, does that mean i BSed, no, he cant drive well, but the story is true. Even if he won bc the driver couldnt drive well, it further proves the speed between the 2 cars is close enough that driver error will result in a loss to the supposed faster car. A bad driver in a Ferrari will still beat a pro driver in a maxima, if driver skill becomes a factor in winning and not winning, then it just proves the story can happen.

Quick Reply: Excuuuussseeee Me, Mr Mustang!!!