5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Yaaaay= Injen & FSTB !!! & Grrrrr= led's !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002 | 04:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yaaaay= Injen & FSTB !!! & Grrrrr= led's !!!

Yaaaaay= installed my Injen intake and my CustomMaxima FSTB today!

Intake is wonderful. Took about an hour and a half to install, but I could probably do it in under an hour now that I know how. I got the anodized red and it looks awesome! Sounds just like I wanted it to, a little throaty on heavy acceleration, but quiet as a mouse at highway speeds. I've been reading all of the posts about how the Injen causes a loss in HP... and I don't believe it. My throttle is much more responsive off the line and in traffic. Don't know about high-speed acceleration, but for around town, I DEFINITELY feel quite a bit quicker and more responsive.

The FSTB is also anodized red. Aside from one small modification to a small gold-colored bracket, it was a piece of cake to install. About 15 minutes. It is beautiful. Greg and the gang really did a nice job with these FSTB's. My front end feels a little more planted when making quick lane changes, as well as when carrying a little extra speed through corners. Guess my next mod will have to be a RSB, to compliment the front.

Again, I can't say enough about these two mods. They are both great looking and they perform as promised.

Now... as for the grrrr... I also took the time to install APC 1157 Super White bulbs in my front turn signals, and JamStrait 1156 red led bulbs in my rear turn signals. Super Whites are just a little too blue unless it's really dark out, but they're pretty much the only aftermarket bulb I can find without ordering some. Anyway... the led's serve two purposes: 1. they are red, so when my turn signal is on, my entire rear lens lights up red now, instead of half red, half orange (that part is great... exactly what I wanted). 2. they are DEFINITELY brighter than regular red 1156 bulbs (that too is great). The problem is, now my damn turn signals blink about twice as fast as normal. It's not a huge deal, because it's not blinking so fast that it's "strobing" or anything. It just makes me wonder how long those bulbs are going to hold up! The led's were $16, and if they burn out in 6 months, I'm gonna be ****ed.

Anyway... overall... it's been a great day. I'm more than pleased with my new mods, and will have some pics on my homepage, probably tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2002 | 05:18 PM
Eat Naaawwwzzzzz

get the PIAA WHITE LEDs, they are pure white =]

as for the injen,
ur suppose to lose low end tourque.