5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Problems with Stillen !

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 01:13 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Problems with Stillen !

I recently ordered a greddy evo exhaust from Steve Millen auto parts = Stillen. They confirmed my order and lied to the place that is repairing my vehicle. I have yet to receive my parts and it is holding up the repairs on my car. Although Stillen placed the order almost three weeks ago it still has not been sent. This is the same place I want to get my JIC coilovers from but am I gonna have to ride on blown shocks for months waiting for them to come through on that also. If any of you guys have had any experience with Stillen parts let me know good or bad. They claimed the parts were in stock but now are saying they are awaiting shipment from Trust/Greddy of Japan so they won't be in until the end of this week. Also ordered my new wheels from tirerack and they arrived in two days from the day the order was placed this order was placed from the repair shop and they setup the account just like they did with Stillen. The repair place doesn't want to order anymore parts from them until they receive the catback.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:51 PM

Re: Problems with Stillen !

Originally posted by SVTTODAMAX
If any of you guys have had any experience with Stillen parts let me know good or bad
Stillen PARTS themselves are great, and of high quality materials.
However, their SERVICE is horrible!! I have dealt w/ them on several occasions and got the run-around e-v-e-r-y time. Their service rep's favorite little trick is to look up the rep that you spoke to last and then just dump you into their voicemail, even if your issue doesn't relate to that person.

It's a little late but...

If you want to go Stillen, I would STRONGLY recommend purchasing thru Ken at Jerry Rome Nissan-parts. I've only dealt w/ them one time, but it was a pleasant one.

Good Luck, You'll need it!!
Old 11-20-2002, 03:06 PM

Update for anyone who is interested. Stillen basically told my shop to go somewhere else and get the parts. After the salesperson once again on monday claimed to ship the parts the shop found out the parts were never sent once again. They also claimed to be able to get the JIC coilovers in two days from Zeal motorsports once again that was a lie I contacted JIC and they haven't even received those yet only the FLT-A2 and stillen gets the coilovers from them so how can they get them in two days when the boat hasn't even come in yet? They are refunding the money and basically said they cannot do anything for me at all and they do not want my buisness. So basically they placed my order and lied for three weeks while my car sits at the shop with no exhaust and a busted suspension.At least I have my wheels and tires.After the manager "supposedly the manager" spoke to me while trying to file a complaint he blatantly told me he didn't care if I filed a complaint with the better buisness bureau he would just tell them that the shipment hadn't arrived and the part was not in stock and he refunded my order. Three weeks of my time gone down the drain. I could have had some booboo exhaust welded on temp. until they got it in. Ran with my stock suspension until the coilovers were in. But instead the car is at the shop disassembled awaiting the parts that are not coming in. And all Stillen could say was we cannot resolve this and we don't want your buisness.
Old 11-20-2002, 03:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeap Stillen is like that. Very snotty and what have you. Dont care about their customers. They were ****ed with me that I bought a used supercharger kit from a dude and I did not buy a new one. And he refused to help me in getting parts for it. I had to figure it all out myself.

Dixit
Old 11-20-2002, 03:48 PM

Originally posted by SVTTODAMAX
And all Stillen could say was we cannot resolve this and we don't want your buisness.

Check this place out: www.adventon.com

It's cheaper than most places I've seen for the Greddy.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by CIRCO

Check this place out: www.adventon.com

It's cheaper than most places I've seen for the Greddy.
Yeah thanks I called them earlier before I left work he said they only had one but it was sold. The shop is going to weld up the damaged exhaust tomorrow and put back the stock struts with some H&R springs that I have so I can get my car back.And the other parts are going to be ordered not sure through who yetmight be from JIC directly. When I called JIC they were very nice and said that they should have no problems setting up the shop im using as a vendor.Maybe they can just get an account with Greddy also.Won't know until tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:10 PM

luckly for me, i only live about 10 minutes from Stillen and i was able to pick up whatever i ordered from them.
compared to Jim Wolf tho, Stillen has pretty good customer service..oh what?