5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

who have problems after clear out their turn signals??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 04:44 AM

who have problems after clear out their turn signals??

for those of u who did the "clear turn signal" mods....how are they doing right now?? r they foggy when there is some kind of wet conditions?? or like molted inside?? and what kind of material that u guys use to seal the edges of the head light assembly after cleared out the turn signals??

thanks
Old 12-07-2002, 01:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I didnt use any materials. Just heated up the glue again and sealed it. So far I dont see any problem until the other day with all the snow, I think I got some frost on the inside of the passenger light. Going to double check for sure, but that is what it looked like. Could just be because we turned instantly cold here quickly.

Dixit
Old 12-08-2002, 12:21 AM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
I didnt use any materials. Just heated up the glue again and sealed it. So far I dont see any problem until the other day with all the snow, I think I got some frost on the inside of the passenger light. Going to double check for sure, but that is what it looked like. Could just be because we turned instantly cold here quickly.

Dixit
same prob when it first rained....so i sealed one headlamp up w/ some all-weather clear silcone & have had no problems w/ that headlamp...now last week when it started snowing, the other headlamp got alittle fogged up...so i'm going to open up & wipe clean then seal it w/ some all-weather clear silcone (i bought from home depot)....so i do recommend putting clear silcone after closing housing on the edge where the back & front of headlamps connect together
Old 12-08-2002, 12:34 AM

Originally posted by K Pazzo 6

same prob when it first rained....so i sealed one headlamp up w/ some all-weather clear silcone & have had no problems w/ that headlamp...now last week when it started snowing, the other headlamp got alittle fogged up...so i'm going to open up & wipe clean then seal it w/ some all-weather clear silcone (i bought from home depot)....so i do recommend putting clear silcone after closing housing on the edge where the back & front of headlamps connect together
dont think anything could be better than the actual factory seal - all cosmetic mods come with a price - clear corners dont fit properly, tail lamps turn foggy etc
Old 12-08-2002, 12:46 AM

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe

dont think anything could be better than the actual factory seal - all cosmetic mods come with a price - clear corners dont fit properly, tail lamps turn foggy etc
You right there, but you live and learn and then figure out a way to make it as good as factory. I plan on opening it back up to try a couple more things. So no biggie. I was thinking about putting a sealant in there but didnt want to cause i was afraid it might leak into the inside and show up there.

After opening it you can see that cant happen, so i now know and the next time I open it up in a few days I will put some more seal into the factory one to piggie back that seal.

Dixit