5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

help! dumb gf messed up max

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 02:10 PM

help! dumb gf messed up max

my gf decided she'd be funny and put lipgloss on her hand and made handprints all over my widnshield and drivers window. i tried using newspaper, water, etc. it wont come off. the reason she did it is because i left her in the maxima without the keys while i went to get something. she got mad. i told her shes never gonna be left with the keys alone, i said none of my friends even have that privelage. she said she wanted 2 get me back and new my max is the only way to get me mad. any suggestions on how to get this crap off my car is appreciated. o and later on that night some idiot hit my bck bumper at a red light, but no damage to the maxima. i was surprised at how well the bumpers are.
Old 12-08-2002, 02:15 PM
Got Bent?

rubbing alcohol? Makeup remover? If all else fails, use this stuff called AFTA, that stuff will degrease anything....
Old 12-08-2002, 02:30 PM

Re: help! dumb gf messed up max

O H M Y G O D

It's a PRIVILEGE to be left in your car with the keys? Think about that for a little while.

Rubbing alcohol should get it off.

More importantly, how about some advise. Keep it up, and it's back to spankin' your monkey in the shower.

Originally posted by slickrick
my gf decided she'd be funny and put lipgloss on her hand and made handprints all over my widnshield and drivers window. i tried using newspaper, water, etc. it wont come off. the reason she did it is because i left her in the maxima without the keys while i went to get something. she got mad. i told her shes never gonna be left with the keys alone, i said none of my friends even have that privelage. she said she wanted 2 get me back and new my max is the only way to get me mad. any suggestions on how to get this crap off my car is appreciated. o and later on that night some idiot hit my bck bumper at a red light, but no damage to the maxima. i was surprised at how well the bumpers are.
Old 12-08-2002, 02:47 PM

Re: Re: help! dumb gf messed up max

More importantly, how about some advise. Keep it up, and it's back to spankin' your monkey in the shower.

HHAHAAHAA now that was funny.......dont diss your constant source of tang my man
Old 12-08-2002, 03:06 PM

holy christ, how could you be a woman who would do that to you. that's outrageous, if i saw that, my girlfriend would have been left wherever we were and found her own ride home. we love our cars, and they mean a lot to us, any good woman will respect that and not mess with our pride and joy. drop that woman, there's millions much better.
Old 12-08-2002, 03:09 PM

You miiiggghhhttttt be going just a tad overboard. If this is the WORST thing she has ever done, he likely has a winner there.

Originally posted by Ironlord
holy christ, how could you be a woman who would do that to you. that's outrageous, if i saw that, my girlfriend would have been left wherever we were and found her own ride home. we love our cars, and they mean a lot to us, any good woman will respect that and not mess with our pride and joy. drop that woman, there's millions much better.
Old 12-08-2002, 03:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

some bug n tar might help get it off...no comment on the situation lol
Old 12-08-2002, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by jjames
You miiiggghhhttttt be going just a tad overboard. If this is the WORST thing she has ever done, he likely has a winner there.

o see she knows my weakness is my max. i make freestyles about it. she admits the car is tight. i went home that night and let her sit home and think about what she did. she said she did it because she wanted to see me mad. i told her if she does it again, then im gonna hit her. i was serious when i said it, but i obviously wont hit her. just yell alot. she knew i was furious. she makes fun of the org cuz i go on it when she comes over. she knows she was wrong. i havent spoken to her since it, she'll be calling tonight though. these broads dont understand my max is like a child to me, i told her that. rubbing alcohol took most of it off, but i did it tonight so ill look at it tomorrow. the only reason she wasnt let out of the car was because her friend was with us. funny thing is.... she loves my max, but i bet she put my gf up to it. they need some haterade.
Old 12-08-2002, 03:50 PM

Man..I love my car as well, and with all the work I put in to it, I can understand your feelings, however you might be going a little overboard. I mean it is like she did something permanent, nor was it disgusting in nature. I mean my g/f once took her hands and put fingerprints all over my clean windows..I was ****ed but there are MUCH more important things in life..and to second someone else's point..no need to cut off the constant supply over a little gloss..You might even want to let her drive it once..it'll make her feel special and I am sure you'll get to reap the benefits...
Old 12-08-2002, 03:58 PM

Originally posted by mpc578
Man..I love my car as well, and with all the work I put in to it, I can understand your feelings, however you might be going a little overboard. I mean it is like she did something permanent, nor was it disgusting in nature. I mean my g/f once took her hands and put fingerprints all over my clean windows..I was ****ed but there are MUCH more important things in life..and to second someone else's point..no need to cut off the constant supply over a little gloss..You might even want to let her drive it once..it'll make her feel special and I am sure you'll get to reap the benefits...

excellent point about that letting her drive. however, the car is in my name along with insurance and if anything happens to my car, its my fault and my parents pay for nothing. and plus she cant drive this car. she drives a sunfire, she cant handle torque steer. only people that equal me or better me can drive it, or fellow maxima drivers. which is me and my dad.
Old 12-08-2002, 04:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

bust out the credit card and start scrapin. Should work ok. Remember to go left-right, not up-down. Good luck.
Jae
Old 12-08-2002, 06:37 PM
Kal

excellent point about that letting her drive. however, the car is in my name along with insurance and if anything happens to my car, its my fault and my parents pay for nothing. and plus she cant drive this car. she drives a sunfire, she cant handle torque steer. only people that equal me or better me can drive it, or fellow maxima drivers. which is me and my dad.

Well for the lip gloss you might want to try some oops.

as for only people that equal you or are better then you, thats wrong. also it sounds like you need some anger management treatment, why even think about hitting your gf? you should realize how lucky you are to have someone.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:21 PM

Originally posted by kalbundy

Well for the lip gloss you might want to try some oops.

as for only people that equal you or are better then you, thats wrong. also it sounds like you need some anger management treatment, why even think about hitting your gf? you should realize how lucky you are to have someone.
it was a joke howdy... a joke. people who cant drive as good as me dont drive my car. simple as that. o and thanks dad for the lecture.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:18 PM

it was a joke howdy... a joke. people who cant drive as good as me dont drive my car. simple as that. o and thanks dad for the lecture.
I would have beat her like a red-headed step child

Try Afta..the guy who mentioned it above is not kidding. I swear by that stuff! Home Depot sells it...if you can find it. They sell it at a bunch of places. Get it anyway, it's AMAZING on any greasy / oiley stains.

Don't ever listen to people who think you are the lucky one...she is (well, unless she's really hot ). Doing that to your car isn't that bad, it's the fact that she intentionally disrespected something that meant a lot to you. Could have been a car or something else, doesn't matter.

You want to pay her back?? Bang her friend...that'll teach her
Old 12-08-2002, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by spta97

Try Afta..the guy who mentioned it above is not kidding. I swear by that stuff! Home Depot sells it...if you can find it. They sell it at a bunch of places. Get it anyway, it's AMAZING on any greasy / oiley stains.

Don't ever listen to people who think you are the lucky one...she is (well, unless she's really hot ). Doing that to your car isn't that bad, it's the fact that she intentionally disrespected something that meant a lot to you. Could have been a car or something else, doesn't matter.

she knows she the lucky 1. shes not hott enough 2 pull that bs. my old girl was gorgeous and she once kissed my window and i got mad, but its not half as bad as what my new gf did. she knew she was disrespecting me and she told me that the only way to get me mad was to mess up my belowed maxima. she knows its my child.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:48 PM

she knows she the lucky 1. shes not hott enough 2 pull that bs. my old girl was gorgeous and she once kissed my window and i got mad, but its not half as bad as what my new gf did. she knew she was disrespecting me and she told me that the only way to get me mad was to mess up my belowed maxima. she knows its my child.
Sounds like you don't think she's good enough for you. You treated her like a child and she decided to play like one, so what? No permanent damage done, so laugh it off and move on. Getting all wound up for that is not worth it. There are more important things in life than a heap of metal that takes you from A to B. When you start to value relationships and people more than metal or money, perhaps you'll get my point.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by Green 2kSE

Sounds like you don't think she's good enough for you. You treated her like a child and she decided to play like one, so what? No permanent damage done, so laugh it off and move on. Getting all wound up for that is not worth it. There are more important things in life than a heap of metal that takes you from A to B. When you start to value relationships and people more than metal or money, perhaps you'll get my point.
i def. understand what your saying. she was the child by messing with my car. people have been telling me that im 2 good for her, but i ignore that stuff because i want a relationship.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It's just a car, I dont see the need to get worked up about it. I dont see why you didn't leave the keys. If you cant trust her then waht's the point?!

Have you tried a clay bar? That might work....Or dishwasher soap?
Old 12-08-2002, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by unrealii
It's just a car, I dont see the need to get worked up about it. I dont see why you didn't leave the keys. If you cant trust her then waht's the point?!

Have you tried a clay bar? That might work....Or dishwasher soap?
girls tend to break things and shes a blonde so shed mess up the max and my system easy. and plus its my car that i helped pay for, anything happens its my fault.
Old 12-08-2002, 09:45 PM

thats real messed up - but googone will fix it
Old 12-08-2002, 09:50 PM
I need a truck

windex?
Old 12-08-2002, 10:19 PM

Originally posted by Conrad283
windex?
thats what my roomate said to use. but i havent tried it yet.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:04 AM

Yeah, that was my first instinct, but after what he said to her, he deserved it.

I'd still make her clean it though.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:51 AM
Jer

Hmm how old are they? 16? lol.. try some window cleaner... something mildly corrosive even if you don't have tint.

As far as her stupid friend is concerned, do it the way the ladies do.. give her a good *****slap!

Old 12-09-2002, 08:44 AM

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT
Yeah, that was my first instinct, but after what he said to her, he deserved it.

I'd still make her clean it though.
keyword: after
i wouldn't have said what i said had she not ****ed up my car.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by spta97

A little OT, but I need your guy's help here. I recently started school in florida, so going to south beach and getting wrecked beyond belief is routine. So on saturday night we went to Opium, its a hot club in south beach, and I got stuck being really drunk and having a 400 tab to pay. Here's where the f-ed up part comes in. My friend brought me to my other friends house where I proceded to do all sorts of fun activities, such as puke, yell random things and sleep. So the next morning when I woke up with the mother of all hangovers, I discovered something really sucky. There was about 6 or 7, 2 inch blue O's all over my friends white leather couch. When I got into this club they wrote a blue O on mu hand with some sort of marker, and in my drunken slumber it somehow came off 6 times. After listening to my friend ***** for almost a half hour, I finally had the motivation to go to the store and buy all sorts of cleaner. Interior cleaner for cars, GOO-GONE, some **** in this little yellow bottle thats made for laundry. Me and my friend came to the conclusion that nothing short of Jesus Christ himself could take these stains out. Finally when reading these posts I saw a ray of hope that maybe, just maybe there are some miracle solutions we could try. Afta is one of them, but Im hoping maybe you guys have some input ( and no im not getting him a new couch lol).
Old 12-09-2002, 11:09 AM

my gf decided she'd be funny and put lipgloss on her hand and made handprints all over my widnshield and drivers window. i tried using newspaper,
Advice: Trust your girlfriend with the keys....
or get a new girlfriend who you can.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:56 AM

Re: Re: help! dumb gf messed up max

Originally posted by DrVolkl

Advice: Trust your girlfriend with the keys....
or get a new girlfriend who you can.
thats exactly what im doing.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hey, i'm the girl that doesn't drive but my bf has the maxima (luv sitting in the passenger seat next to him - it's such a great ride !). what ur gf did was pretty bad ... now i don't feel so bad about putting my hairy american eskimo dog inside the car (there's white hair all over the black leather seats !) - that can easily come off with a bounty & water, right ?
Old 12-09-2002, 01:05 PM

i told her shes never gonna be left with the keys alone, i said none of my friends even have that privelage.
*rolls eyes*
i went home that night and let her sit home and think about what she did. she said she did it because she wanted to see me mad. i told her if she does it again, then im gonna hit her. i was serious when i said it, but i obviously wont hit her. just yell alot.
You sound like a pathetic baby. It's a maxima. Not a one of a kind super-car. I like my max too, but you've got your priorities seriously out of whack. GROW UP.

I feel bad for your gf having to put up with your attitude and you don't even deserve her. You sound like a spoiled kid - seriously.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:19 PM

Hey we got another spanker. Man its not that big of a deal, I scratched my gf's bumper the other day and she just laughed at it. I wonder what u would do if a girl scratched your max, probably shott her or dump her on the spot, take a chill pill dude
Old 12-09-2002, 01:20 PM
lcf

My girlfriend knows I love my car as well. Once she backed up into a big landscaping rock we have in the driveway and she was so scared she didn't tell me about it til the next morning; she knew I'd see it in the morning on my way to class. Heh, we had a good laugh about it. Cost me $400 to get a new bumper cover though.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:33 PM

Originally posted by SkoorbMax
*rolls eyes* You sound like a pathetic baby. It's a maxima. Not a one of a kind super-car. I like my max too, but you've got your priorities seriously out of whack. GROW UP.

I feel bad for your gf having to put up with your attitude and you don't even deserve her. You sound like a spoiled kid - seriously.
if im the spoiled one why do i care about the maxima so much and u laugh it off because its not a "one of a kind super-car"???

and havnomax- im glad you understand my situation. only a select few get to ride in such a great car for free.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:38 PM

if im the spoiled one why do i care about the maxima so much and u laugh it off because its not a "one of a kind super-car"???
You're spoiled because through some means or another you're a 16 year old (or at least the maturity of one - at best) driving around in a car that plenty of adults can't even afford. You're a spoiled brat because you've never been taught the comparitive worth of material goods vs. relationships, and you're spoiled because you've never had the **** whooping you so sorely deserve.

Your attitude stinks. It's a car. A CAR. Who gives a damn. It's a hunk of mass produced plastic and metal. What your girlfriend did was not find a way to get at you, since you love your max so much. Rather she helped illuminate to you that your priorities are in a mess and that somehow you've become old enough to drive, but not even understand the most basic way to deal with a person. You got mad at your previous GF for kissing your window? Let me guess she kissed your window lovingly and you flew off the handle. Wow, real cool guy. Yeah your current gf doesn't deserve you alright *rolls eyes again*. A real catch I'm sure.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:40 PM

and havnomax- im glad you understand my situation. only a select few get to ride in such a great car for free.
Boys Boys Boys its only a car its not your baby, you dont get laid by it and definitely dont get no head from it. It takes you from point A to point B and thats it. So why dont you relax get in your max and beat your monkey a lil maybee itll help you release some stress (JK)
Old 12-09-2002, 01:41 PM
I'm needing a caw

What exactly are you afraid of her doing w/ the car keys? Drive off and move to Mexico? Point being if you can't trust her enough to allow her to listen to the radio etc... while you're not in the car, why is she your GF?

"I don't allow people who can't drive as well as me"? Who are you? Reincarnation of Richard Petty?
Old 12-09-2002, 01:44 PM

Ok.. She shouldn't have done that b/c that to me is disrespecting to you... But at the same time you leaving her in the car without the key could be considered disrespectful to her. When I leave any of my friends, family, or girlfriend, I always leave the keys, b/c I know if they were to leave me in the car without the keys I would be upset.. If you can't trust your girl with something as simple as listening to the radio while you are not in the car.. You might want to find a new girl.. As far as what she did, sometimes girls do things that **** us off, but if she's worth it, you should take time to let her really know how you feel about it.. All jokes aside. As far as the Max goes, she didn't really do any damage to it.. Now if she got out of it and kicked a dent in the door then thats a different story.. One day you will realize that a car is a car and there are more important things in life than cars, like being in a good relationship.. Just my $.02.. A good question was asked a few posts back.. How old are you two??
Old 12-09-2002, 01:45 PM

Originally posted by SkoorbMax
You're spoiled because through some means or another you're a 16 year old (or at least the maturity of one - at best) driving around in a car that plenty of adults can't even afford. You're a spoiled brat because you've never been taught the comparitive worth of material goods vs. relationships, and you're spoiled because you've never had the **** whooping you so sorely deserve.

Your attitude stinks. It's a car. A CAR. Who gives a damn. It's a hunk of mass produced plastic and metal. What your girlfriend did was not find a way to get at you, since you love your max so much. Rather she helped illuminate to you that your priorities are in a mess and that somehow you've become old enough to drive, but not even understand the most basic way to deal with a person. You got mad at your previous GF for kissing your window? Let me guess she kissed your window lovingly and you flew off the handle. Wow, real cool guy. Yeah your current gf doesn't deserve you alright *rolls eyes again*. A real catch I'm sure.
remember whos the newbie here, stay here longer and you'll appreciate your max. and thanks dad for the lecture. the simple fact is she disrespected something that i found impt to me. if you appreciate something and someone ****s with it, wouldnt you be mad? it just so happens my max is one of those things. dont get me wrong, i do appreciate her and she knows it.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:47 PM

remember whos the newbie here, stay here longer and you'll appreciate your max. and thanks dad for the lecture. the simple fact is she disrespected something that i found impt to me. if you appreciate something and someone ****s with it, wouldnt you be mad? it just so happens my max is one of those things. dont get me wrong, i do appreciate her and she knows it.
I may be a newbie here, but you're a super-newb in how to deal with a girl. And no problem on the lecture. This one's on the house, son.

As mentioned you deserved the lipstick, for being so disrespectful in the first place to not leave her with the keys. It wasn't a nuclear reactor. She wasn't going to kill anybody by listening to the radio while you're gone for a few moments!
Old 12-09-2002, 01:48 PM

Originally posted by y2KAOSMax
Ok.. She shouldn't have done that b/c that to me is disrespecting to you... But at the same time you leaving her in the car without the key could be considered disrespectful to her. When I leave any of my friends, family, or girlfriend, I always leave the keys, b/c I know if they were to leave me in the car without the keys I would be upset.. If you can't trust your girl with something as simple as listening to the radio while you are not in the car.. You might want to find a new girl.. As far as what she did, sometimes girls do things that **** us off, but if she's worth it, you should take time to let her really know how you feel about it.. All jokes aside. As far as the Max goes, she didn't really do any damage to it.. Now if she got out of it and kicked a dent in the door then thats a different story.. One day you will realize that a car is a car and there are more important things in life that cars, like being in a good relationship.. Just my $.02.. A good question was asked a few posts back.. How old are you two??
were 19. she is impt. to me and she did this for an alternative reason i just found out, she was mad she thought i hooked up with some other girl. so i just took care of it. she knew by doing it she would get my attention, and it worked.

Quick Reply: help! dumb gf messed up max