5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

help! dumb gf messed up max

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 01:48 PM

Originally posted by slickrick

she knows she the lucky 1. shes not hott enough 2 pull that bs. my old girl was gorgeous and she once kissed my window and i got mad, but its not half as bad as what my new gf did. she knew she was disrespecting me and she told me that the only way to get me mad was to mess up my belowed maxima. she knows its my child.
Sounds like you need some help man. Getting ****ed if a girl kissed your window, have you considered psychiatric help, I know a very good doctor called relax adn enjoy your max, but dont get absessed over it.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:50 PM
I'm needing a caw

Old 12-09-2002, 02:14 PM

were 19. she is impt. to me and she did this for an alternative reason i just found out, she was mad she thought i hooked up with some other girl. so i just took care of it. she knew by doing it she would get my attention, and it worked.
You should let her know there are better ways to get your attention that messing with your car.. Try letting her know that she can come to you and talk whenever something in bothering her and not hold it in and explode at certain points in the relationship and vice versa. Communication is the most important part of a true relationship.. I'm 22 and have a 2000 Max and a 2k2 F4i that are bought and paid for by myself.. And like you I take pride in my auto's. I wash and wax them more that the average guy. But if something was to happen to them; I know they can get fixed that's why we all have insurance. My girlfriend hasn't done anything to my car. The damage yours did wasn't all that bad.. Try having her clean it with you.. She might gain a better appreciation for your car after that...
Old 12-09-2002, 02:37 PM

were 19. she is impt. to me and she did this for an alternative reason i just found out, she was mad she thought i hooked up with some other girl. so i just took care of it. she knew by doing it she would get my attention, and it worked.
Why can't chicks ever let you know why they are mad? they think we are freakin' psychic or something. My gf at least just gives me the cold shoulder for a few days, she doesn't mess with my stuff.

If she's worth it you will work this one out. If not, move on.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:49 PM

Originally posted by Maxima Dan

Why can't chicks ever let you know why they are mad? they think we are freakin' psychic or something. My gf at least just gives me the cold shoulder for a few days, she doesn't mess with my stuff.

If she's worth it you will work this one out. If not, move on.
she claims im supposed to automatically know. i gave her the cold shoulder and it worked. so two can play at that game. but hey, eventhough we all complain about girls and stuff, in the end it wouldnt be as much fun due to lack of communication between the sexes.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:28 PM

Originally posted by y2KAOSMax

You should let her know there are better ways to get your attention that messing with your car..

ahhhh..young love. Chicks are a little psycho at that age...and pretty much the rest of their lives...but aren't we all. Anyhow at 19, you can't expect much. When I was 19 I had a girl egg my car after I dumped her. I wasn't very mature back then either though, so I probably deserved it...or at least my mustang did.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:52 PM

Originally posted by DrVolkl

ahhhh..young love. Chicks are a little psycho at that age...and pretty much the rest of their lives...but aren't we all. Anyhow at 19, you can't expect much. When I was 19 I had a girl egg my car after I dumped her. I wasn't very mature back then either though, so I probably deserved it...or at least my mustang did.
such a wise man. they all r psycho. even my dad is like i cant believe your still with her, cuz he says college "love" doesnt last long. he understands like you.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:09 PM

Originally posted by lcf
My girlfriend knows I love my car as well. Once she backed up into a big landscaping rock we have in the driveway and she was so scared she didn't tell me about it til the next morning; she knew I'd see it in the morning on my way to class. Heh, we had a good laugh about it. Cost me $400 to get a new bumper cover though.
Same thing happened with my wife. A few months ago after just after we were married she was driving my old Max and was trying to be careful about parking far away from a car on the passenger side. She didn't notice a low wall on the driver's side and opened the door into it slightly bending the door edge lip. I thought the poor woman was going to have a heart attack when she told me about it as she knows I'm **** about my cars. I told her it wasn't that bad and I could wax most of it out and not to worry about it. As much as I love my cars and maintain them and keep them looking good, they are only metal and not worth ruining relationships over.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:52 PM

Originally posted by spta97

I would have beat her like a red-headed step child

Try Afta..the guy who mentioned it above is not kidding. I swear by that stuff! Home Depot sells it...if you can find it. They sell it at a bunch of places. Get it anyway, it's AMAZING on any greasy / oiley stains.

Don't ever listen to people who think you are the lucky one...she is (well, unless she's really hot ). Doing that to your car isn't that bad, it's the fact that she intentionally disrespected something that meant a lot to you. Could have been a car or something else, doesn't matter.

You want to pay her back?? Bang her friend...that'll teach her
im with you
Old 12-10-2002, 09:25 PM

i wish I had a g/f now..especially this one girl from PA who lives near my cousin. I have known her for 7-8 years now. Well guess what? She f-ckin started talking to my friend (long story) and I think they are going to hook up . I blocked her on aol so I wouldnt be tempted to talk to her (i am trying to get over her and I really don't know how and this is my only idea). I hope they have a f-ckin great relationship.

WOW THAT WAS REALLY OFF TOPIC

Back to the topic..did you get the lipstick off? If so, how did you do it?
Old 12-10-2002, 09:47 PM

haha.. if it makes ya feel any better im single.. crappy eh? havent got laid in over 2 months now!!.. im over the withdrawal phase where i needed it really really bad. But now im more normal. I still want it, but im used to not getting it. Maybe that withdrawal phase thing is just me. Cuz once i start getting it i get into this phase wher ei hafta freakking get it over im gitty as ****. But then once u stop getting it u start adjusting over a month or two or three period. Anyone else exp what ive experienced? and my bad that was so off topic..

and this is to slick. Yes ur car is like ur pride n joy. But seriously does ur car suck ur ****? i doubt it.. Maxine can't do everything. Shes nice to look at and takes us from point A to B with some Style. But when ur horny u still need a woman to help ya out.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by KniGhtRydeR
But when ur horny u still need a woman to help ya out.
unless you are some sick fool who loves the maxima a little too much and you use the exhaust...ewww
Old 12-10-2002, 10:32 PM

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
unless you are some sick fool who loves the maxima a little too much and you use the exhaust...ewww
ewwwwwwwwww....... cmon now.....

P.S. hahahah that was funny tho lol
Old 12-10-2002, 11:52 PM

Just when you thought this thread couldn't get any stranger......
Old 12-11-2002, 12:02 AM

i wish I had a g/f now..especially this one girl from PA who lives near my cousin. I have known her for 7-8 years now. Well guess what? She f-ckin started talking to my friend (long story) and I think they are going to hook up . I blocked her on aol so I wouldnt be tempted to talk to her (i am trying to get over her and I really don't know how and this is my only idea). I hope they have a f-ckin great relationship.

WOW THAT WAS REALLY OFF TOPIC

Back to the topic..did you get the lipstick off? If so, how did you do it?
it was lipgloss and year almost 100% of it is gone.

to knightryder. no my car doesnt give me head but i have to keep it in pristine shape because the backseat has been put to some good use. girls love how leather feels on them. and yeah when you get some you expect it, and when you dont your like wtf i need some now. right now with finals its hard to find time to hookup with my gf, and the fact that its that time of the month so kissing works 4 now. we've gotten over the car thing but shes been forewarned again because i told my friend not to slam the doors and of course when she got out she did.
Old 12-11-2002, 06:52 AM

Originally posted by Tripower

Same thing happened with my wife. A few months ago after just after we were married she was driving my old Max and was trying to be careful about parking far away from a car on the passenger side. She didn't notice a low wall on the driver's side and opened the door into it slightly bending the door edge lip. I thought the poor woman was going to have a heart attack when she told me about it as she knows I'm **** about my cars. I told her it wasn't that bad and I could wax most of it out and not to worry about it. As much as I love my cars and maintain them and keep them looking good, they are only metal and not worth ruining relationships over.
Not the same at all. Your door ding was entirely accidental. The lip gloss thing was intentional, albeit done in the heat of the moment.

slickrick - if it's not on the tinted side of your glass you might try a little acetone (it's available at Home Depot). That stuff is a strong solvent that cuts lots of different gummy things (and most plastics). Nail polish remover contains it, actually. Just don't spill any.

Regarding the relationship - put a little thought into where it stands and where it might be headed. Then either work on the rough spots (both of you) or walk.

Norm
Old 12-11-2002, 07:34 AM

im 16 and i paid for my own max. I paid 12000 up front and i still have 2000 to go after 6 months of payments and ya know i worked damn hard to get that money. If my girlfriend did something to it, I would be upset, but I'd forgive her. You guys are right, its a car to get you from point A to point B, and its nothing you should really get too worked up about. Not only that but she smeared your glass....dude it couldve been soooo much worse. She could've put lipstick all over your steering wheel or something like that. Maxima's kick a** hardcore, but you shouldn't be losing relationships over them.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:20 AM

oh man
i cant stop laughin..
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
i know u should be sensitive about ur keys in ur car
i once left my keys in the car while my buddies were sittin in there
they took it out for a spin >.<
i swear my tires lost at least 5000 km mileage

but then.... shes a GIRL!
she wont be disrespectin ur car if u left ur keys!
trust me

hahahahaha
lipgloss makes lips shiny
hahahaha
did it make ur max shiny too?
Old 12-11-2002, 11:51 AM

did you mention the door slamming??? i hate it when my gf does that... most of the time she does it accidently, but other times is i tell her not to slam the door, but she does it anyways. now you have to slam the door hard just to shut it. i mean.. you can't help it... it just happens.. and yes i get really ****ed when my gf does it on purpose... her slamming MY door, is like putting ALL her make up on her mirrors and windows... i didn't say i was going to do that.. but thats just the comparison... seriously, i don't get angry about the doors anymore. but back to you slickrick... hope all goes well with the lipgloss!!!! AND your gf..

P.S. work things out with her, IF you think its worth it. if not, then then i dunno... but at least try to work it out...
Old 12-11-2002, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by chi02max
did you mention the door slamming??? i hate it when my gf does that... most of the time she does it accidently, but other times is i tell her not to slam the door, but she does it anyways. now you have to slam the door hard just to shut it. i mean.. you can't help it... it just happens.. and yes i get really ****ed when my gf does it on purpose... her slamming MY door, is like putting ALL her make up on her mirrors and windows... i didn't say i was going to do that.. but thats just the comparison... seriously, i don't get angry about the doors anymore. but back to you slickrick... hope all goes well with the lipgloss!!!! AND your gf..

P.S. work things out with her, IF you think its worth it. if not, then then i dunno... but at least try to work it out...
o yah i told her about the door slamming but i yelled but in a nice way. she did it because i told a friend not to.
tary- thats my biggest fear, like if a friend had the car he might hop into the drivers seat and have fun redlining it in park or do other stupid stuff bevause people dont apreciate the max and how much it took for me to get it. we're working it out for right now.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:41 PM

If I have said it once I have said it a hundred times. Girlfriends/wives should not touch our Max's. Touch under supervision only, maybe. Never drive. Never touch if you are not present. My wife thinks I am a gentleman because I open the door for her. The real reason I do it, is I don't want her touching the door and leaving bloody nail marks that then need to be buffed out.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:01 PM

ya know i thought i was bad for getting mad at my girlfriend for bringing the tach to 4K. You guys are just crazy. I dont mean that in a negative way either but just I dunno, i think its funny you get so wound up about opening and closing doors on car. Ya know, I thought it was kinda cute actually. When my gf did that when i let her drive my max, i got a little angry and was like what the hell, dont drive my car like that. And then she looked at me and was like im sooo sooo soo sorry, ill never do it again. She actually almost looked like she was going to cry so I felt really bad and was like its no big deal, i do it sometimes too. Thats what you guys should be like...you shouldnt break up with your girls over stuff so petty.

Brad
Old 12-11-2002, 03:38 PM

Originally posted by martinf
If I have said it once I have said it a hundred times. Girlfriends/wives should not touch our Max's. Touch under supervision only, maybe. Never drive. Never touch if you are not present. My wife thinks I am a gentleman because I open the door for her. The real reason I do it, is I don't want her touching the door and leaving bloody nail marks that then need to be buffed out.
exactly. i tried opening the door for her when we 1st started going out, but she said no. i did it for the same reason as you.
Old 12-11-2002, 04:29 PM

I think a lot of you guys are forgetting one simple fact because you are all older and assume everyone has the same viewpoint. college relationships are Nothing like being married. How you treat a college girlfriend is completely different from howe you should treat a wife. in college, most everything is temporary, and there ARE replacements...
Old 12-11-2002, 04:54 PM

Originally posted by Ironlord
I think a lot of you guys are forgetting one simple fact because you are all older and assume everyone has the same viewpoint. college relationships are Nothing like being married. How you treat a college girlfriend is completely different from howe you should treat a wife. in college, most everything is temporary, and there ARE replacements...
you know how it is.
Old 12-11-2002, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by Ironlord
in college, most everything is temporary, and there ARE replacements...
so very true
Old 12-11-2002, 05:46 PM
Wat

Re: help! dumb gf messed up max

there is STONER invisible glass, It should work. I think you can get it at autoparts stores or go to http://www.invisibleglass.com/
good luck bro
Old 12-11-2002, 06:16 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

my gf decided she'd be funny and put lipgloss on her hand and made handprints all over my widnshield and drivers window. i tried using newspaper, water, etc. it wont come off. the reason she did it is because i left her in the maxima without the keys while i went to get something. she got mad. i told her shes never gonna be left with the keys alone, i said none of my friends even have that privelage. she said she wanted 2 get me back and new my max is the only way to get me mad. any suggestions on how to get this crap off my car is appreciated. o and later on that night some idiot hit my bck bumper at a red light, but no damage to the maxima. i was surprised at how well the bumpers are.
Try vinegar or mineral spirits. Girlfriends are really stupid...they just like to fawk with us to fawk with us. Mind games...
Old 12-11-2002, 06:58 PM
mjg

my gf decided she'd be funny and put lipgloss on her hand and made handprints all over my widnshield and drivers window. i tried using newspaper, water, etc. it wont come off. the reason she did it is because i left her in the maxima without the keys while i went to get something. she got mad. i told her shes never gonna be left with the keys alone, i said none of my friends even have that privelage. she said she wanted 2 get me back and new my max is the only way to get me mad. any suggestions on how to get this crap off my car is appreciated. o and later on that night some idiot hit my bck bumper at a red light, but no damage to the maxima. i was surprised at how well the bumpers are.
dude, just scrape it off with a razor