5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Factory Alarm Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 03:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Factory Alarm Help

Long story short: I took my car to a parking garage last week and the attendant managed to put it on "valet" mode. That is the multi-sirens noise makers no longer make any noise. The lights flash on and the car starts as normal. The only problem is if I intentionally activate the alarm only the lights flash and it stays quiet. The horn still beep when activated though. I started messing around with it and somehow got the horns to beep instead of the muti-tones (like that better too) but I didnt know what I did so it went away next time I locked it. Ok- I have done searches and tried that 2 sec press but thats not it. (thought i'd try it anyway). Do you guys know the full functionality of the remote. I know someone knows how to work this. PS/I dont have the manual. I have a 2K Auto (Supa Blak as if that matters)
Old 12-10-2002, 04:34 PM

Re: Factory Alarm Help

Originally posted by NyMaxedOut
Long story short: I took my car to a parking garage last week and the attendant managed to put it on "valet" mode. That is the multi-sirens noise makers no longer make any noise. The lights flash on and the car starts as normal. The only problem is if I intentionally activate the alarm only the lights flash and it stays quiet. The horn still beep when activated though. I started messing around with it and somehow got the horns to beep instead of the muti-tones (like that better too) but I didnt know what I did so it went away next time I locked it. Ok- I have done searches and tried that 2 sec press but thats not it. (thought i'd try it anyway). Do you guys know the full functionality of the remote. I know someone knows how to work this. PS/I dont have the manual. I have a 2K Auto (Supa Blak as if that matters)
Sry man, don't know how to fix it ...but you could call up your dealership and ask a technican there and see what they say

Hope this helps..

Later..
Old 12-10-2002, 04:46 PM
The Definitive AE Master

Re: Factory Alarm Help

Originally posted by NyMaxedOut
i'm not exactly sure what your talking about. Mine beeps once when I lock it and the blinkers flash twice and make no sound when I unlock. But for my 2k1, the back of the remote says that if you press both the lock and unlock and hold for 2 sec, it switches from beep to silent mode or vice versa.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:03 PM

Try calling a Nissan parts department

I've had good luck calling them in the past for things like this. They can explain to you the functions of the key remote and you can see if there is something you are supposed to do.

On other item was I thought the "valet" mode was really a valet key and not a mode. Are you certain the siren/alarm is not broken?
Old 12-10-2002, 07:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Try calling a Nissan parts department

Originally posted by ajahearn
I've had good luck calling them in the past for things like this. They can explain to you the functions of the key remote and you can see if there is something you are supposed to do.

On other item was I thought the "valet" mode was really a valet key and not a mode. Are you certain the siren/alarm is not broken?
I am almost certain its not broken coz every now and then it works fo the past 2 days I've been messing with it. I even got the horns to go off on activation as opposed to the multi-tones. The only thing is after its deactivated it goes back to flashing lights only.
-> To Lario: Explanation: When I lock the car, the horns sounds/flashers blink and all doors lock. But, lets just say I had the windows down and re-opened the doors after a minute or so.. the alarm will become activated silently meaning only the lights will flash! The thing with the valet mode i dont know. I guess I just used the term. Will try calling Nissan tomorrow. I know a friendly guy at my local dealership. Still dont know why hes my friend since I hardly bring my car there for service.. perhaps thats why?