5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Went to the dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 03:04 PM

Went to the dealership...

Every so often I go to the nissan dealership to look around and flaunt my non-stock self, and today I roll up like the badazz that i am and get out of the car and start looking at 2k2-2k3 maxs. A dealer comes up to me and asks if i need help, so i say, how much would a stock spoiler be for my car, a 2k1 maxima. He said he wasn't sure and to go around to the parts department, but at least $250. I said alright and continued looking around, only half serious about getting a spoiler. He then comes up to me again, and points to a 2000 GLE and he says, 'what about trading in your car for this one? it has the spoiler.' I felt like knockin the idiot on his skull, how many people buy a WHOLE NEW CAR just because it doesn't have a $125 wing. I'm getting sick of the stupidity from my local Nissan dealerships, between Scottsdale Nissan calling my debadged Maxima an ALTIMA and Pinnacle Nissan trying to sell me a whole new maxima because mine didn't come with a relatively cheap option. How hard is it to become a damn dealer? Do you just need to own a collared shirt and be able to haul *** to the door of a looker's car?!

DaveB-do not take offense to this, or any other dealers as it is not directed to you, just those few idiots who work at the local nissan dealerships.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Went to the dealership...

Originally posted by PHATMAN5050
I'm getting sick of the stupidity from my local Nissan dealerships, between Scottsdale Nissan calling my debadged Maxima an ALTIMA and Pinnacle Nissan trying to sell me a whole new maxima because mine didn't come with a relatively cheap option. How hard is it to become a damn dealer? Do you just need to own a collared shirt and be able to haul *** to the door of a looker's car?!

Old 12-19-2002, 03:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm not trying to side with the dealerships, but they're in the business to make money. I'm mean all the guy was just trying to do was make a little bit of cash. You have to remember that this is how these people make there livings. On the other hand the dealership confusing your car with an Altima....that I would be ****ed about. Just my 2 cents though.
Old 12-19-2002, 04:13 PM

The salesman is out to sell vehicle to make a living. I hope the guy at the parts counter won't try to sell you a vehicle
Old 12-19-2002, 04:17 PM
I'm needing a caw

Yeah but how could you buy a car from an lughead that insults your intelligence so bad you want to him repeatedly? hehe

If he said it as a joke(play the buddy angle) it would have been much more effective.

Originally posted by 1BADMAX
I'm not trying to side with the dealerships, but they're in the business to make money. I'm mean all the guy was just trying to do was make a little bit of cash. You have to remember that this is how these people make there livings. On the other hand the dealership confusing your car with an Altima....that I would be ****ed about. Just my 2 cents though.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:28 PM

He was definately serious, I said i was on a lease that i couldn't get out of, and he asked how much a month i had to pay and i said i didn't know, since my dad takes care of it, and he started to tell me the features of the GLE and how it differs from my GXE which is all of what, 5 things? lol I know that he was in it for the sale, but he noticed my mods, noticed i knew what i was talkin about, and still tried to run the BS by me. Oh, I also asked him if they sold the hid security thing there, and he asked why they needed to be bolted in. I looked at him for a couple seconds and said, they are getting stolen all over the United States, have you not heard? He said 'Oh, i didn't know that, they are really pretty lights though.' Come to think of it...he did give off a distinct gay vibe.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:40 PM

But you guys are missing the funniest part:

...how much would a stock spoiler be for my car, a 2k1 maxima....He then comes up to me again, and points to a 2000 GLE and he says, 'what about trading in your car for this one?

Hahaha trade a 2k1 for a 2k, yeah, that makes a lot of sense! And for a spoiler!
Old 12-19-2002, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by 1BADMAX
My words exactly.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:04 PM

Re: Went to the dealership...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PHATMAN5050
[B]Every so often I go to the nissan dealership to look around and flaunt my non-stock self, and today I roll up like the badazz that i am and get out of the car and start looking at 2k2-2k3 maxs. A dealer comes up to me and asks if i need help, so i say, how much would a stock spoiler be for my car, a 2k1 maxima. He said he wasn't sure and to go around to the parts department, but at least $250. I said alright and continued looking around, only half serious about getting a spoiler. He then comes up to me again, and points to a 2000 GLE and he says, 'what about trading in your car for this one? it has the spoiler.' I felt like knockin the idiot on his skull, how many people buy a WHOLE NEW CAR just because it doesn't have a $125 wing. I'm getting sick of the stupidity from my local Nissan dealerships, between Scottsdale Nissan calling my debadged Maxima an ALTIMA and Pinnacle Nissan trying to sell me a whole new maxima because mine didn't come with a relatively cheap option. How hard is it to become a damn dealer? Do you just need to own a collared shirt and be able to haul *** to the door of a looker's car?!

You go to the Nissan dealership every so often just for the heck of it? Dude - You need a life.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:40 PM

Re: Re: Went to the dealership...

Originally posted by jsangha
You go to the Nissan dealership every so often just for the heck of it? Dude - You need a life. [/B]
Hey! I check out the Nissan Dealership every now and then too...gotta look at those hot Z's and 2k3 Max's. At least when I'm in the service dept. waiting for the car, it's something to do.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:53 PM

Re: Re: Went to the dealership...

I need a life? What do you do that's so entertaining? A software engineer, huh, sounds like you sit in a room at a computer all day spitting out commands. I'd much rather go to a dealership and look at sexy new max's and whatnot.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:06 PM

Re: Re: Re: Went to the dealership...

I need a life? What do you do that's so entertaining? A software engineer, huh, sounds like you sit in a room at a computer all day spitting out commands. I'd much rather go to a dealership and look at sexy new max's and whatnot.
What I do is my business, but I don't go writing about it on a forum. And I would go to a dealership if I had business to attend to there, not just for the heck of it.

BTW, I do know what my monthly payment it, and my mommy & daddy don't pay for my car.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:00 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Went to the dealership...

What I do is my business, but I don't go writing about it on a forum. And I would go to a dealership if I had business to attend to there, not just for the heck of it.

BTW, I do know what my monthly payment it, and my mommy & daddy don't pay for my car.
Oh, but your spelling leaves something to be desired. Ok ok, I'll stop. Forgive me.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Went to the dealership...

Originally posted by 2002Maxxxima

Oh, but your spelling leaves something to be desired. Ok ok, I'll stop. Forgive me.
I'll stop too. Happy Holidays.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:39 PM

He was definately serious, I said i was on a lease that i couldn't get out of, and he asked how much a month i had to pay and i said i didn't know, since my dad takes care of it, and he started to tell me the features of the GLE and how it differs from my GXE which is all of what, 5 things? lol I know that he was in it for the sale, but he noticed my mods, noticed i knew what i was talkin about, and still tried to run the BS by me. Oh, I also asked him if they sold the hid security thing there, and he asked why they needed to be bolted in. I looked at him for a couple seconds and said, they are getting stolen all over the United States, have you not heard? He said 'Oh, i didn't know that, they are really pretty lights though.' Come to think of it...he did give off a distinct gay vibe.
I guess that not knowing what your monthly payment is and having your dad take care of it is better than some of my dead-beat friends who don't know what their monthly payment is and are SUPPOSED to pay for it!
Old 12-20-2002, 05:47 PM

Yes, the difference between us is that I am 16, and you are not. My parents decided it is important enough for me to have a car, and one that is quality like the maxima, so they decided that they would support me. Don't give me **** because my parents work hard as doctors and they feel like rewarding their children. I'm sure if you had money, you would buy others things also.

That is beside the fact though, we both drive maximas, so we are maxima bretheren. And remember, brothers don't shake hands, BROTHERS HUG!

/me hugs jsangha
Old 12-20-2002, 06:18 PM

Your parents are doctors!!!!

If your parents are so well off, why aren't you driving something else?? R U going to be doctor to??
Old 12-20-2002, 06:42 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Your parents are doctors!!!!

Originally posted by maddmaxx
If your parents are so well off, why aren't you driving something else?? R U going to be doctor to??

Shssssh! His parents are smart enough to not blow BIG money on a car that he's going to most likely TRASH by the end of college.

I've seen it all. From $50K+ BMWs and $80K+ Merceedes(sp?) to a Ferrari F350($350K???) at my college being driven by 17yr old nit wits, who don't give a **** about how much money that car cost to fix, maintain, purchase, and insure. It's like a competition to see who's Daddy can afford to waste more money or something.

!!!!THOSE ARE THE PARENTS WHO ARE STUPID AND SHOULD BE SHOT!!!!

Phatman sounds like a pretty smart guy for 16 and his parents really did help by starting him out with a reasonable car. Those other brats are NEVER going to be happy with a car again, because you know damn well they aren't going to be hanging on daddys' *** forever.

Bitter? JoO damn right!
Old 12-20-2002, 06:45 PM

That is beside the fact though, we both drive maximas, so we are maxima bretheren. And remember, brothers don't shake hands, BROTHERS HUG!

/me hugs jsangha
Try ABC Nissan. I know it isnt that close to you, but I drive all the way up there for any work with my car. They always give me props on it and help me out with whatever I need. Every time I go, they do try to sell me a new maxima, spec V, or 350 Z, so i wouldnt worry about them hassling you....as someone said, that is their job.
You do have a nice Altima though...
Old 12-20-2002, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by Wasim521

Hey! I check out the Nissan Dealership every now and then too...gotta look at those hot Z's and 2k3 Max's. At least when I'm in the service dept. waiting for the car, it's something to do.
I do this a lot too. I also like to go to the dealerships when they are closed so that I can browse the lots without hassle.
Old 12-20-2002, 06:57 PM

Originally posted by TonyVQ

I do this a lot too. I also like to go to the dealerships when they are closed so that I can browse the lots without hassle.
And I thought I was the only one! Ever get $hit from cops though?
Old 12-20-2002, 07:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Went to the dealership...

Originally posted by Wasim521

And I thought I was the only one! Ever get $hit from cops though?
heh-heh... not yet!
Old 12-20-2002, 08:23 PM

Uhhhh zach....i know ur schools out 4 a little while but comon find something else to do rather the harass the local dealer which dealer were u at anyway? midway or pinnacle when they tried to sell u a car for the wing.
Old 12-21-2002, 02:01 AM

I realize dealerships are out to make money, but do they really have to insult the customer in the process?
Old 12-21-2002, 08:15 AM

Old 12-21-2002, 01:41 PM

Originally posted by 02MaximizedVQ
I realize dealerships are out to make money, but do they really have to insult the customer in the process?
YES! and they do a great job at it to.