5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Factory Alarm Wiring ?????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 11:49 PM

Factory Alarm Wiring ?????????

Hey guys
Like when the alarm goes off my lights flash. I have the factory alarm system.

When the alarm goes off, i want my neons to flash too or go on. What wire and where do i tap into to get 12v when the alarm goes off? Plz help

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:06 AM

Re: Factory Alarm Wiring ?????????

Originally posted by Igor911
Hey guys
Like when the alarm goes off my lights flash. I have the factory alarm system.

When the alarm goes off, i want my neons to flash too or go on. What wire and where do i tap into to get 12v when the alarm goes off? Plz help

Thanks.
can anyone please help?
Old 01-05-2003, 10:47 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well you can just tap it to the 12V lights. I dont think the factory alarm flashes the parking lights. Only the headlights if I remember correctly.

You would have to tap off that 12V wire. But then need to control it because if you want to turn on the neon without turning on the headlights, you need another power source.

But here is my question, why put neons with the alarm? You talking about a underbody neon kit? Any neon rods of those type shouldnt be flashed, it kinda kills the life on them.

Dixit
Old 01-05-2003, 11:12 AM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Well you can just tap it to the 12V lights. I dont think the factory alarm flashes the parking lights. Only the headlights if I remember correctly.

You would have to tap off that 12V wire. But then need to control it because if you want to turn on the neon without turning on the headlights, you need another power source.

But here is my question, why put neons with the alarm? You talking about a underbody neon kit? Any neon rods of those type shouldnt be flashed, it kinda kills the life on them.

Dixit
Well i actually want my strobes going off to the alarm. I cant tap into the headlight wires because they would come on when i turn on the head lights. I know there has to be a wire that does it
Old 01-05-2003, 11:48 AM

Well i actually want my strobes going off to the alarm. I cant tap into the headlight wires because they would come on when i turn on the head lights. I know there has to be a wire that does it
Nope.... just looked at the factory manual. Plus I remember this part. The ECU controls the whole deal. It flashes the Headlight Out wire. That same wire is used when you turn your headlights on. If you tap that wire, you going to be in the same problem of it being on all the time.

This cant be done easily. Not without an aftermarket alarm unit to tap alot of stuff off of. The ECU we have is soo smart that it makes it hard to attempt things like this.

Only way i think of is complicated as hell, would require multiple relays, and multiple power sources.

Dixit
Old 01-05-2003, 12:25 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

Nope.... just looked at the factory manual. Plus I remember this part. The ECU controls the whole deal. It flashes the Headlight Out wire. That same wire is used when you turn your headlights on. If you tap that wire, you going to be in the same problem of it being on all the time.

This cant be done easily. Not without an aftermarket alarm unit to tap alot of stuff off of. The ECU we have is soo smart that it makes it hard to attempt things like this.

Only way i think of is complicated as hell, would require multiple relays, and multiple power sources.

Dixit
So the ecu controls the honking too? I know there has to be 1 wire there that does the trick. When it stops snowing...i will find it
Old 01-05-2003, 03:04 PM

So the ecu controls the honking too? I know there has to be 1 wire there that does the trick. When it stops snowing...i will find it
Yes the SECU control that as well. If you click that wire you are thinking about to keep the horn from honking when you arm the car, it will disable the horn for good.

The SECU controls everything, and it uses the same wires that the original switch/source uses. Like the headlights uses the switch, the horn uses the steering switch. Sends everything through the SECU and triggers the relays in the hood.

Your not going to find the wire you are looking for because there is no trigger wire on the SECU. Those only come on aftermarket alarms. Like I said with that you can easily hookup anything because you can use the trigger wire.

Dixit