5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

All my Maxima's are accident magnets

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

All my Maxima's are accident magnets

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.On the way home from work tonight I was involved in another car accident.I come to a place in the road where the wind has blown snow across the road and made it slick.I have my new Blizzak's on, no problem right.I slow down to about 20 mph. and being careful. Then all of a sudden some dumb a@@ lost control comming my direction.Some woman feeling like her little RAV 4 can handle the ice and snow I guess. I was so ****ed off.This is my third MAX in 5 years all have been wrecked. None of them my fault.Just the wrong place at the wrong time I guess.Just wanted to share my pain.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:41 PM

Re: All my Maxima's are accident magnets

Originally posted by kelthombar
If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.[..]Just the wrong place at the wrong time I guess.Just wanted to share my pain.
Jesus, that picture looks awful! Glad to see you're ok though. Good thing you're buying Maximas and not Kias
At least this way you keep getting new cars, it's an alternative to leasing I guess
Good luck with your next car!
Old 01-07-2003, 05:04 AM

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.On the way home from work tonight I was involved in another car accident.I come to a place in the road where the wind has blown snow across the road and made it slick.I have my new Blizzak's on, no problem right.I slow down to about 20 mph. and being careful. Then all of a sudden some dumb a@@ lost control comming my direction.Some woman feeling like her little RAV 4 can handle the ice and snow I guess. I was so ****ed off.This is my third MAX in 5 years all have been wrecked. None of them my fault.Just the wrong place at the wrong time I guess.Just wanted to share my pain.
Aren't you from Oh? Where are you located at? There was bad ice up on Polaris today yesterday too. I didn't even see it till I was on it at 50 mph! Ice 3 lanes across for a couple hundred feet. I am so glad noone hit the brakes. Everyone just rolled across in terror.

Sorry to hear about your accident.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:06 AM

That's rough man! Glad you're here to talk about it though!!

I guess you don't really have to worry about your car depreciating right?

Has this affected your insurance at all? Or were you lucky enough to have the other person's insurance cover it?
Old 01-07-2003, 06:58 AM

I know what you mean

I just totalled my 1997 GLE 5 weeks ago. That thing was in at least 7 incidents that required body work or just new parts. Only the last one was my fault. But at least the jinx is over (I hope). I finally got a 2001 GLE this week after being without a car since the accident.

Glad your ok, vehicles can always be replaced.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:04 AM

Here you said a woman in a Rav4 hit you. On your website it says you t-boned a guy in an S-10.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:33 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: All my Maxima's are accident magnets

Originally posted by JMax2K

Here you said a woman in a Rav4 hit you. On your website it says you t-boned a guy in an S-10.
I believe it's two different accidents. I remember the pic in his sig from a couple of months ago. That's when the S-10 accident happened. This must be another accident. If that's the case, then H3LL YEAH, he's got some $hitty luck!
Old 01-07-2003, 07:35 AM

Re: Re: All my Maxima's are accident magnets

Originally posted by JMax2K

I don't know this user however, if you look at his site, he has pictures of a black 2002 and a silver 2000. The wrecked silver 2000 T-boned the S-10 at 40 mph as mentioned on his site. It's possible that his last accident with the Rav4 was with his 2002. He did say 3 wrecked maximas in 5 years. Could be that he got a 2002 after his 2000 became a write off and hasn't had time to post pictures of his wrecked 2002...

Just a guess...
Old 01-07-2003, 12:10 PM

I'm surprised you still have insurance! They don't require you too high risk?
Old 01-07-2003, 01:56 PM

Maybe you were supposed to meet a freakish demise in a horrible subway accident, but somehow managed to survive. Now that you have cheated death, perhaps he is seeking retribution by hurling small SUVs in your path. Just a thought.
-Getz

P.S.
T-boning some dude in an S-10 sounds strangely homoerotic... not that there is anything wrong with that, but come on and keep it out of this .org for gods sake.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

To answer the questions. The picture in my sig was my 2000. My first MAX was a 98 SE. Someone ran a red light.Hit and run.Then my 2000 SE, and now this one.My insurance never went up. Every time I got a new car Allsate gave me a new car discount, so it allways goes down.I pay only 400 every six months.Yes I live in Ohio but in a city outside of Dayton.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:27 PM

Man, glad you're still with us, maybe it's the Maxima curse for you.
What's that? Glad you asked, you must have cheated on all of your Max's in a previous lifetime<spooky huh! Naw, just corny, anyway I'm glad you're okay, you can get another car but not another life.