5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

JIC FLT-A2 coilover pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 06:30 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

JIC FLT-A2 coilover pictures

Here are the rest of the pics:
http://boostedmaximas.com/y2kevse/im...-a2_coilovers/

Notice how you can adjust the strut body to lower the car, leaving the suspension travel virtually unchanged. Look at how thick the front pistons are!
Old 01-11-2003, 06:35 PM
I need a truck

damn .... those are hot .. how much? and when do they go on?
Old 01-11-2003, 06:36 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

These will be for sale soon:
- Ground Control coilovers 6" springs all around with 500 lbs. and 375 lbs. spring rate for fronts and rears, respectively)
- Koni Yellow Struts
- Stillen Adjustable Camber Plates

I'm not willing to break apart the setup. No set price yet, but email me with an offer if you're interested (retail price: $400 for coilovers, ~$425 for struts, $335 for Stillen camber plates)... please, no low ball offers.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:38 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by Conrad283
damn .... those are hot .. how much? and when do they go on?
I got them at a good price, but advtechsport (Richard) is trying to get a group deal for $1600 shipped. They will go on sometime next week (hopefully the turbo install will be nearly complete by then).
Old 01-11-2003, 06:39 PM
I need a truck

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
These will be for sale soon:
- Ground Control coilovers 6" springs all around with 500 lbs. and 375 lbs. spring rate for fronts and rears, respectively)
- Koni Yellow Struts
- Stillen Adjustable Camber Plates

I'm not willing to break apart the setup. No set price yet, but email me with an offer if you're interested (retail price: $400 for coilovers, ~$425 for struts, $335 for Stillen camber plates)... please, no low ball offers.
hmm so around 11? i really do need them (if you saw my thread, you'll get my drift) but thats a lot of money for me

ugh, i can't post the image being that it's larger than 50k (how do i do that btw) it's picture 6 on your website

why do they look different .. one front and one rear have more thread than the other, i'm
Old 01-11-2003, 06:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Now I really can't wait for mine. Did you play with the settings or did they come that way? Also, are there any English instructions? I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:12 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

why do they look different .. one front and one rear have more thread than the other, i'm
They're identical. They are just set at different heights. They are coilovers.......
Old 01-11-2003, 07:52 PM
Got Bent?

good choice
Old 01-11-2003, 07:57 PM
Administrator

spoiled rich brats
Old 01-11-2003, 07:57 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Can somebody please tell me what the big difference is in coil overs~vs~springs? BESIDES THE ADJUSTABILITY.

Do they ride dirrerently then your basic coil spring? Do they maintain a descent ride when there lower then stock?

I hear so many complaints about noise from them, I can't understand why people love them so much? My cusion put them on his Integra, he sold the car shortly afterwards because he couldn't stand the ride or the constant noise from them.

So, whats the big benefit of these, aside from the adjustability?

Thanks guys!
Old 01-11-2003, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
good choice
I am awaiting the arrival of mine also. Could you please do a write up on how the installation goes. This will be my first coilover install, so I would kinda like to have a guidline.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:35 PM

Ooooo purple springs j/k Kev.

Tom....good question. I've been wondering that myself.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

whats the most these will lower the car?

(i know these arnt JUST for lowering, I still wanna know)

By the way, you are one lucky man!!!
Old 01-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
Can somebody please tell me what the big difference is in coil overs~vs~springs? BESIDES THE ADJUSTABILITY.

Do they ride dirrerently then your basic coil spring? Do they maintain a descent ride when there lower then stock?

I hear so many complaints about noise from them, I can't understand why people love them so much? My cusion put them on his Integra, he sold the car shortly afterwards because he couldn't stand the ride or the constant noise from them.

Thanks guys!
the noise complaint i have heard about was with cattman coilovers.. and those were using parts not specified for a maxima
Old 01-11-2003, 09:12 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

those are beautiful!

Old 01-11-2003, 09:55 PM

Ummm those look familiar.....http://members.rogers.com/maxrpm/jic.htm
Old 01-11-2003, 10:01 PM

The dampers are not adjustable and the tubes are smaller and a few otherthings.

Originally posted by lcf
Kev: Nice.

What is the difference between the FLT-A2 and the SF-1?
Old 01-11-2003, 10:08 PM
lcf

Originally posted by MaxRPM

Ah! You replied after I deleted my post. I already searched and found the answers. Thanks though.

SF-1:

Pillow Ball Uppermount
Anodized aircraft aluminum with top quality spherical bearing. The camber angle is adjustable for McPherson front strut models only.

Linear Spring & Bump Rubber
Spring is made of chrome silicone metal using a cool bend manufacturing process. Bump rubber prevents the shock absorber from bottoming out and causing suspension damage.

Shock Absorber
Manufactured with twin tube design 36mm pistons. Low nitrogen gas pressure. Special stable viscosity index oil will not be affected by wide temperature variations.

Lower Spring Seat
Made of high quality Duralumin A6061.

Bracket
Stainless steel or aluminum (dependent upon application) construction ensures bracket is stronger than stock featuring cad plating for corosion resistance. Non-height adjustable. They lower your car an average of 1.5" to 2" depending on the application.

FLT-A2:

Adjustable Dial
Allows for 15 dampening settings. Provides a wide range of shock dampening. Adjustability is ideal for tuning all types of track conditions from street to track and also drag racing.

Pillow Ball Uppermount
Anodized aircraft aluminum with top quality spherical bearing. The camber angle is adjustable for McPherson front strut models only.

Linear Spring & Bump Rubber
Spring is made of chrome silicone metal using a cool bend manufacturing process. Bump rubber prevents the shock absorber from bottoming out and causing suspension damage.

Shock Absorber
Single monotube design incorporates 40mm or 45mm pistons and high pressure nitrogen gas. Special stable viscosity index oil will not be affected by wide temperature variation.

Lower Spring Seat
Made of high quality Duralumin A6061.

Bracket
Stainless steel or aluminum (dependent upon application) construction ensures bracket is stronger than stock featuring cad plating for corosion resistance. Adjustable ride height of 1.5" to 2", depending on the application and corner weight.
Old 01-11-2003, 10:31 PM

Hey kev Very nice! hmm...could you help me install them hehehehheheh
Old 01-11-2003, 10:48 PM

Thanks guys!
Noise is usally a problem do to poor construtsion or design. And your lower end (cheapy) coilovers such as ground control.

The advanatages other than lower of a coilover starts with handling. With this kind of coilover you also get camber mounts which also allow you to adjust the handling more, as well as dampning settings, which allow you to tailer the ride and feel of the car.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:43 AM

Hi Kev, congrats those look sweet. I have a question tha may sound stupid, anyway I'm ready to be the fool of the day, so when you put coilover what happend with the car spring ?

Thanks for answering.

Cheers

AA
Old 01-12-2003, 08:25 AM
Administrator

so which one is better?
Old 01-12-2003, 09:14 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Originally posted by doublea
Hi Kev, congrats those look sweet. I have a question tha may sound stupid, anyway I'm ready to be the fool of the day, so when you put coilover what happend with the car spring ?

Thanks for answering.

Cheers

AA
They go in the attic.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:03 AM

whoa... pretty.

nice purple color too. i like the super-hardcore look of my black oem springs under a stealthy coat of dust.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:18 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

hmm so around 11? i really do need them (if you saw my thread, you'll get my drift) but thats a lot of money for me

ugh, i can't post the image being that it's larger than 50k (how do i do that btw) it's picture 6 on your website

why do they look different .. one front and one rear have more thread than the other, i'm :jeffy
No, I don't want all 11 back, but I also don't want to let the setup go for a ridiculously low offer.

Picture #6 shows how you can lower the without affecting the suspension travel (meaning you still have the same amount of strut piston travel as stock... which means you won't bottom out if you hit a big bump). Neat, huh?

Originally posted by Y2K2Driver
Now I really can't wait for mine. Did you play with the settings or did they come that way? Also, are there any English instructions? I guess I'll find out soon enough.
I played with the setting. I don't know how low to set them to until they are on the car (not on jackstands). No English instructions, but they do show which way softens/stiffens the ride.

Originally posted by SprintMax
spoiled rich brats

Thanks guys!
The big difference with this set of coilovers is that you can adjust the height via the strut body. I explained in the first reponse in this post.

Yes, they will ride differently... stiffer than a conventional spring/strut setup. The springs are usually stiffer which causes the ride to be bumpier. Any coilover setup will usually handle better than spring/struts.

Originally posted by Bulldawg

I am awaiting the arrival of mine also. Could you please do a write up on how the installation goes. This will be my first coilover install, so I would kinda like to have a guidline.:-)
Installation is simple. Read up on how one might uninstall springs and struts. Follow those instructions for uninstall and reinstall. Setting the coilvers will depend on your taste.

Originally posted by Greg's2kGLE
Ooooo purple springs :007 j/k Kev.

Tom....good question. I've been wondering that myself.
LOL! Answered up there ^^^

Originally posted by WillGen5
whats the most these will lower the car?

(i know these arnt JUST for lowering, I still wanna know)

By the way, you are one lucky man!!!
I recommend not lowering more than 3" for normal driving... these will let you go lower than 3"

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1
Hey kev :wavey Very nice! hmm...could you help me install them :-( hehehehheheh
You got a set?

Originally posted by doublea

Thanks for answering.

Cheers

AA :eek
You can sell them or follow Andy's advice.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:29 AM

Where do you clip the brake lines in that setup??? Doesn't look like you've got enough brackets to keep the brake lines away from the brakes.

Those look great...
Old 01-12-2003, 04:29 PM

The clips are there, look at my pics or look at Kevs, his are covered with the foam.

It's the ABS line you have to worry about, the give a threaded mounted nut, why I dont know because it doesn;t help with the ABS cable. So I had to wire tie it to the mount.

Originally posted by MichaelAE
Where do you clip the brake lines in that setup??? Doesn't look like you've got enough brackets to keep the brake lines away from the brakes.

Those look great...
Old 01-12-2003, 04:38 PM

The clips are there, look at my pics or look at Kevs, his are covered with the foam.

It's the ABS line you have to worry about, the give a threaded mounted nut, why I dont know because it doesn;t help with the ABS cable. So I had to wire tie it to the mount.
Gotcha.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:24 PM

You got a set?

No..not yet...but if you help...you'll have donations!
Old 01-12-2003, 08:58 PM

Whens this group deal going down and when will the price be set. I may get in depending on all that and if the insurance covers the damage to my car.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:03 PM

Originally posted by max'n out
Whens this group deal going down and when will the price be set.
Clicky...
Old 01-13-2003, 07:08 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

Yummy

can you choose stiffer springs for the rear?
Old 01-13-2003, 08:39 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Looks like Richard will have to try and beat that GD price. Nice price!
Old 01-13-2003, 09:05 PM

ahhh i dunno who to buy from..
Old 01-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Old 01-13-2003, 10:54 PM

anybody know how these will compare w/ the Tein SS coilovers?
holla
Old 01-14-2003, 07:38 AM
lcf

Easy. Whoever offers the lower price!
Old 01-14-2003, 07:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaxedOut2g
anybody know how these will compare w/ the Tein SS coilovers?
holla
The JIC are allot better the pistons are about 10mm to 15mm bigger.You also get the pillow ball upper mounts with spherical bearings.The construction of the front coilovers is only found in teins higher line of coilovers "inverted strut bodies" but the higher line is not available for the A33 chassis. Tein are really good but the ones they are offering are on the lower scale for the products they offer.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:42 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

If he can beat $1510 shipped, I don't think he will have a problem getting 10-people as long as there is a little time to round up the cash.

Hopefully, he takes CC.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:09 AM

Originally posted by IceY2K1

If he can beat $1510 shipped, I don't think he will have a problem getting 10-people as long as there is a little time to round up the cash.

Hopefully, he takes CC.

waiting paitently....

Quick Reply: JIC FLT-A2 coilover pictures