5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

max accident

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 11:48 AM

max accident

i was driving last nite and i guy pulled out in front of me so i ran into him but i just hit his tow hitch and it did no damage to his car but poked a hole through my bumper and unto my headlight i was thinking about putting a new stock bumper on but i was wondering if any of you guys have any other ideas with body kits for the front and if u know prices for them. ill get pictures up when i go get the estimate tomorrow

Thanks
Peyton
Old 01-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The Kombat kit is what i did with some modding done to it. You can see it on my site. That is why I did mine. (accident, that is)
Old 01-12-2003, 01:01 PM

Originally posted by LatinMax
The Kombat kit is what i did with some modding done to it. You can see it on my site. That is why I did mine. (accident, that is)
around how much did u spend on all that custom work and everything
Old 01-12-2003, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by RocktownMax

around how much did u spend on all that custom work and everything
The kit and all the custom work out the door was $2500 at A Master's Touch 214-243-6557, Gilbert is the owner.
Old 01-12-2003, 11:16 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

peyton, damn, sorry to hear about that.

I have my 2k lights left over after my conversion. Call Dave B about the bumper cover, he can do it less expensively than anyone else.

err, I think you can throw a 2k2 bumper and grill on there Let me know if I can help.

I don't know about your deductible, but it may be fairly close to just get it done yourself.
Old 01-12-2003, 11:25 PM

Originally posted by LatinMax

Major props..ive hated the way my ninja kit fits..and for some reason one side sticks out/flares more than the other. Was yours like that too before the surgery?. My ninja bumper is cracked..one of the main reasons why i dont wanna get another one, ive had it 7 months tho, which is pretty long. Your fitment looks awesome too! Just wondering...if you could ask your shop if they could make an exact copy? heh just the front bumper.

~larry~
Old 01-13-2003, 04:12 AM

how much for the front bumper only? w/o paint job
Old 01-13-2003, 09:35 AM

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1

Major props..ive hated the way my ninja kit fits..and for some reason one side sticks out/flares more than the other. Was yours like that too before the surgery?.

My was in my (& ant shops) opinion JACKED up. But most kits that are fiberglass don't fit perfect the way they come. The advatage is that you can modifiy (or add stuff) fibergalss really easy if you have someone that has the skills.

My ninja bumper is cracked..one of the main reasons why i dont wanna get another one, ive had it 7 months tho, which is pretty long. Your fitment looks awesome too! Just wondering...if you could ask your shop if they could make an exact copy? heh just the front bumper.

~larry~
You would have to call the shop and see if he could. I don't know what he would charge. But call. I made a mistake on the phone number it is 972-243-6557. ooops
Old 01-13-2003, 11:26 AM

Re: max accident

Originally posted by RocktownMax
i was driving last nite and i guy pulled out in front of me so i ran into him but i just hit his tow hitch and it did no damage to his car but poked a hole through my bumper and unto my headlight i was thinking about putting a new stock bumper on but i was wondering if any of you guys have any other ideas with body kits for the front and if u know prices for them. ill get pictures up when i go get the estimate tomorrow

Thanks
Peyton
Dude, I feel your pain. Just look at my homepage and you'll know what I'm talking about. It's been a little over 3 weeks and the body shop is only going to start working on it today. There's been ALOT of insurance hassles!!!

But, ground kit is on its way so the car will LOOK better than ever.