5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2k2 auto vs 95-999 BMW M3

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 06:41 PM

2k2 auto vs 95-999 BMW M3

so tonite i was coming home on rt 198 in Laurel, MD and i see a blue M3 on the 2 lane road with me. at first we were just drivin but i was hoping at the next light well get a clear red with no cars in front and it happened. as soon as the light turned green i slowly pressed the gas and let it all out so i dont peel out and the M3 was just at it and we were head to head until 60 then i took off and got about a car length in front of him and i kept the pace until we hit over 120 then he just went by i didnt want to floor it more then i was doin already because its pretty dangerous and im not dumb and the M3 driver knew too and he slowed down and at the next light i rolled my window down to tell him good job and he was an older person me only being 20 him in his 30's... he was like damn i cant believe you kept up at his 3rd and 4th gear and beat him for awhile then he asked me wut kinda car i was driving. guessin he doesnt kno anything much about cars out there except his own precious M3 i told him its a max and he was shocked. the greatest part is when he asked me wut gears i was ridin at i just told him it was an automatic and he was even more shocked. i think he might be interested in a max now
Old 01-12-2003, 06:47 PM
vqman

Re: 2k2 auto vs 95-999 BMW M3

Originally posted by BlkMaXinMD
so tonite i was coming home on rt 198 in Laurel, MD and i see a blue M3 on the 2 lane road with me. at first we were just drivin but i was hoping at the next light well get a clear red with no cars in front and it happened. as soon as the light turned green i slowly pressed the gas and let it all out so i dont peel out and the M3 was just at it and we were head to head until 60 then i took off and got about a car length in front of him and i kept the pace until we hit over 120 then he just went by i didnt want to floor it more then i was doin already because its pretty dangerous and im not dumb and the M3 driver knew too and he slowed down and at the next light i rolled my window down to tell him good job and he was an older person me only being 20 him in his 30's... he was like damn i cant believe you kept up at his 3rd and 4th gear and beat him for awhile then he asked me wut kinda car i was driving. guessin he doesnt kno anything much about cars out there except his own precious M3 i told him its a max and he was shocked. the greatest part is when he asked me wut gears i was ridin at i just told him it was an automatic and he was even more shocked. i think he might be interested in a max now

-vq

Old 01-12-2003, 07:04 PM

Wow I almost lost my breath trying to read your post. The sentences went on forever

If this was true good job, if not, dream on.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: 2k2 auto vs 95-999 BMW M3

Originally posted by BlkMaXinMD
I doubt we could beat a '999 M3. What's that got, ion drive...?