5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Replace Engine Mount!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2001, 04:24 PM
maxima2000

these days, i heard "beep" sound from my engine, when i start my engine, or the rpm come down and pass 1500 to 1000.
i brought back to my dealer yesterday and they said they have to replace my engine mount...but the part is on order, so i have to come back when the part comes...so i want to know what the hell is the engine mount for?? will this harm my engine(before i replace it)? i feel my car's performan isn't smooth then before...plz help!!

my maxima has lots of problemS....=(

Old 01-05-2001, 07:38 PM

Oh boy.....

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but lots of luck in getting that fixed. If you do a search of this forum under engine mount noises you will see a slew of rants I have about this issue. My car does the same exact thing that yours does...in fact I've had the engine mounts replaced 3 times including the originals.

Nissan Factory Field reps were present at the last install....the guy looked me right in the eye and told me that the car is supposed to make that noise..if it doesnt your mounts are screwed up....looks like you and me have the only Un-screwed up cars on this forum.

The Nissan rep I had in CA basically told me to screw and that Nissan would not be wasting anymore time with this issue. But they did give me a 7/100000 Gold Warranty...even though there is "no" problem with the car....sort of makes ya scratch ya head a bit don't it?

Who is your dealer and where are you located? I'd be very interested to hear if replacing that rear mount solves your problem. My money is that it won't but hey.....I hope I'm wrong....

Seriously, do a search for Engine Mount Noises and you'll get all sorts of info...and click on this link and go to Engine "chirping" noises...there you will find a wav file of my car(thanks to mdeal for putting this on his site)

http://www.fourthrock.com/maxima/issues.html

Please keep me posted on your progress

[Edited by jnm2kse on 01-05-2001 at 09:41 PM]
Old 01-05-2001, 08:53 PM

maxima2000, you've done it now! You got 'ole jnm2kse fired up again.
Old 01-05-2001, 09:15 PM

...what is up with Nissan telling you this noise is normal...sounds like a freakin' bird nested in the car! I'll tell you what...I'm having problems with my tires and the dealer told me they balanced the tires barely 2 weeks ago, yet I go to NTB, and guess what, the tires are out of balance. I'm trying to get my Bridgestones replaced (Potenzas) because I think they ride like crap. Don't know if I'll be successful. What kind of tires are you running? I have 17" rims. Good luck with your car...maybe mine won't develop this cure...I'm happy with my "problem" (i.e., chirpless mounts).
Old 01-05-2001, 09:20 PM

I think I heard that on my

Max too! Last week me and my family had the Max loaded down, heading to Atlanta! So we got there, my cousin asked us to pull into his garage, and I gave pops the keys to do so! Walked inside the garage and as my pops start to accelerate slowly into the garage, I hear a chirping noise. Crazy thing is that I heard it more than once as he was easing the car into the garage.

How the hell can engine mounts go bad? I do not like the sound of that noise at all!!!
Old 01-05-2001, 10:26 PM
maxima2000

my dealer is in New York City, Bayridge Nissan.
jnm2kse, the sound is different from yours. mine is something like electronic "BEEP" sound!! weird?!
and they gave u the gold warranty for FREE??
my tire is 17"(stock) my car is 19k now
i did the 15k maintenanace, they did the rotate for my wheel. i feel vibrate when i accelerate, and when i highspeed brake. i asked the dealer to re-balance my front tires, and they said they did. And they said i have to cut my rotor,(that cuz vibrate when highspeed braking and i have to pay for myself) isn't it my warranty pay for it??
will the rotor affect when i accelerate too?
the dealer said they did balance for my tires and they said it maybe a bubble on my tire that cuz vibrate when i accelerate!!!! we should i do?? my car like can't go up fast, the engine always sticks at 1500rpm, don't know which effect it? the engine mounts or the tire? help plz
(and my airbag light flashing all the time, i fixed it 4th time now!!...it is still flashing, but this time they said they order a part for my airbag!!) i lose faith to my dealer!!!

Old 01-06-2001, 02:44 PM

Heh...

I've actually tuned it out a bit Matt, however I still have a big time grudge with Nissan.....

Maxima2000- My guess is if the noise is different, it is not the mount....could be but I doubt it. Man you are describing some big problems with your Max...cant get over 1500 rpm? I go over that backing out of my driveway. I'd be in there ripping them a new one....

MaxMus- I would not doubt that you hear the noise.....I heard 3 2001 SE's on the lot do it also.. My guess is that the engine mount is audible in all Max's....just at much different volumes and pitches....it does suck..especially when creeping in traffic...Still baffles me that they would attempt to repair the car 3 times and then decide "Hell its normal"

I havent received the Gold Warranty yet. Yes for free. That is if it ever comes Nothing suprises me and I wouldnt be suprised if Nissan stiffed me on this also...

Old 01-06-2001, 09:26 PM

huh?

Even with your discriptions, I still can't quite understand this chirping noise from the engine mount. How can an engine mount chirp? I have yet to hear this problem on my car. I'm glad. Good luck on your repairs.
Old 01-07-2001, 02:10 PM
maxima2000

u know dealer never tell you what happen to your car..they just tell me replace my engine mounts(on order). and the sound is weird, that isn't a [chirping] sound..but i know the max engine mounts is Electronically controlled liquid-filled, (only for auto)...my friend said the engine will drop while u r driving!! cuz he said my engine mounts have problem(maybe loose or something else)...and will affect the speed and harm the engine.. i am not sure about it, but the dealer didn't tell me not to drive the car or maybe they don't wanna play for the rental....

poor max

Old 01-12-2001, 06:15 PM
maxima2000

got fixed yesterday!! =)

i got fixed my engine mount from the dealer..
i talked to the service manager about it..
he said they replace my Rear engine mount, cuz the liquid is leaking out [cuz they are electronic liquid filled]
so my car's performan is back...!!!
thanks god...