5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2 Fast 2 Furious Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 02:38 PM

2 Fast 2 Furious Trailer

Here guys thought you might wanna check it out....
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id...981&cf=trailer
Especially Love the Saleen getting crushed..... thats what a ford is good for.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:47 PM
CJP

Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious Trailer

Awwwww yeeaaaaahhh boyyyyyy. Seriously, the movie looks bad, real bad.

Originally posted by Frosty
Old 01-25-2003, 04:24 PM
swallac2

Great another rice boy glory movie

The first one was so pathetic only giving this Civic driving idiots more fuel for "my 120hp VTEC can beat anything" flame.

I know I'm gonna take some heat for this but good lord did anyone really pay attention to the Hollywood movie BS that the first movie had. Those guys would shift like 10 times during a street race. My favorite line was from that blond guy at the beginning "I need NOS, I need to hit 140mph!" How pathetic!!! (sorry if I got the quote wrong, I was laughing to hard after he said it)

Old 01-25-2003, 04:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I read a review of the Matrix Reloaded, and it said "It’s going to make ‘The Fast and the Furious’ look like ‘The Slow and the Dimwitted’"; talking about the highway scene. Here is the link to the Newsweek article. http://www.msnbc.com/news/850165.asp?cp1=1
Old 01-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Master Will

yes I'm ready to see part two

all of you guys talk about the movie but will go see it

you know you will!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2003, 05:02 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

I hope your kidding. Mustang Saleens are awesome cars. Big blown V8 displacement, muscular looks w/nice body kit, nice interior for a ford, good handling, amazing exhaust note, wide wheels, vs. Tiny blown 4-banger displacement, ricey kits, interior cluttered with nawz gauges, disgusting farty exhaust note, thin wheels.

Yes, I am a 4-banger Import hater. (minus 240sx's) Anything below 183 cubic inches is worthless and pure RICE.

I'm still gonna see the movie...making fun of the rice in the movie theater and p!ssing them off will be priceless. I will admit, the action scenes are cool though.
Old 01-25-2003, 05:05 PM
CJP

Oh, I'll see it, but I fully intend to give the studio the big F-you and just download it off the net after the DVD rip comes out. Thats what I did with the first one. I wonder if the police force is going to buy Paul Walker a car with $70,000 worth of modifications again after his last one got blowed up.

Originally posted by metallic97gxe

Old 01-25-2003, 05:10 PM
swallac2

Originally posted by metallic97gxe

Nah the first one I waited for the DVD and then watched it for free at a friends house. Seriously I won't pay for that crap!!!

Old 01-25-2003, 07:44 PM

"The Slow and the Dimwitted" well said
i think the movie can be alot better if they dont have the fugly decal and wierd paint job on their cars, only reason i would want to see the "The Slow and the Dimwitted 2" is because they have a Skyline GTR R34 in there
Old 01-25-2003, 07:47 PM

Re: Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious Trailer

Originally posted by Craig Mack

I hope your kidding. Mustang Saleens are awesome cars. Big blown V8 displacement, muscular looks w/nice body kit, nice interior for a ford, good handling, amazing exhaust note, wide wheels, vs. Tiny blown 4-banger displacement, ricey kits, interior cluttered with nawz gauges, disgusting farty exhaust note, thin wheels.

Yes, I am a 4-banger Import hater. (minus 240sx's) Anything below 183 cubic inches is worthless and pure RICE.

I'm still gonna see the movie...making fun of the rice in the movie theater and p!ssing them off will be priceless. I will admit, the action scenes are cool though.
Don't get me wrong a Saleen is an amazing car... but mod for mod a Skyline would decimate it in and Salom test and beat it in the 1/4 mile.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious Trailer

Don't get me wrong a Saleen is an amazing car... but mod for mod a Skyline would decimate it in and Salom test and beat it in the 1/4 mile.
Ohh..the car that beat the Saleen was a Skyline? I didn't download the vid, my harddrive is pretty full. In this case, I agree with you, R34 Skylines are world class cars. At first I thought you were talking about some domestic ricey honda or mitsu beating the Saleen, n/m!
Old 01-25-2003, 09:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious Trailer

Ohh..the car that beat the Saleen was a Skyline? I didn't download the vid, my harddrive is pretty full. In this case, I agree with you, R34 Skylines are world class cars. At first I thought you were talking about some domestic ricey honda or mitsu beating the Saleen, n/m!
Haha, I would cry if a honda could beat a Saleen
Old 01-25-2003, 09:35 PM

The person who thunk up that crapy movie can die! Fart can mufflers and wings went up by 85% when that movie came out! I blame the makers of that movie for rice. And it has to be one of the movies out there! I like when all the 10 second cars line up and the whole scean took like 10 minutes!
Old 01-25-2003, 09:54 PM

the good thing about 2F2F is that the main character is driving our flagship sports car
the 34 ;-)
Old 01-25-2003, 10:05 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious Trailer

Haha, I would cry if a honda could beat a Saleen
There are Honda's that can beat Saleen's
Old 01-25-2003, 10:57 PM

"Can't believe they actaully made a sequel." Another movie that will corrupt young-minds. I still can't sleep through the night without some young punk *** ricer revvin' the **** out of his car at 3 AM around my block. I'm telling you It's gonna be outta control this summer. So many young-teens that are gonna try and portray scences from the movie etc.etc. "Lives will be at stake..."
Old 01-25-2003, 11:45 PM
nc00max

Originally posted by tary44
the good thing about 2F2F is that the main character is driving our flagship sports car
the 34 ;-)
No, that's a Lancer EVO.

I think the movie and its predecessor are fake and chocked full of rice, but like metallic said, I'll probably go see it anyways, even if I can't figure out why, or hate it.

Old 01-26-2003, 08:50 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

There's really nothing special about a "Saleen". A Saleen is just an aftermarket company supported by Ford. Most Saleens you see on the road are just GTs with body kits, bigger wheels, loud exhausts, and lowering springs. A Saleen GT is about .3 seconds SLOWER than a base GT. The blown Saleens aren't terribly fast either and a mildly modified LS1 F-Body would probably outrun it in most acceleration contests. Saleen is a just a company for people who are afraid to do their own mods and like to get ripped off for aftermarket parts.

Dave
Old 01-26-2003, 09:40 AM

Originally posted by Dave B
There's really nothing special about a "Saleen". A Saleen is just an aftermarket company supported by Ford. Most Saleens you see on the road are just GTs with body kits, bigger wheels, loud exhausts, and lowering springs. A Saleen GT is about .3 seconds SLOWER than a base GT. The blown Saleens aren't terribly fast either and a mildly modified LS1 F-Body would probably outrun it in most acceleration contests. Saleen is a just a company for people who are afraid to do their own mods and like to get ripped off for aftermarket parts.

Dave
Have you seen the new Saleens? They look really exotic. I do agree, they are overpriced. Same with Roush's. But they still are sweet as hell. And your probubly right, the almighty LS1 would probubly own it with some mods. (honestly, chevy did good with that friggen engine, even though I will own it when I race my friend in his slowmaro SS)
Old 01-26-2003, 01:43 PM

the saleens are the only stangs i like... er love. theirs 2 on campus here. silver with the chrome rims convertible. and another same one except its a coupe. beautiful.
Old 01-26-2003, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by CJP
Oh, I'll see it, but I fully intend to give the studio the big F-you and just download it off the net after the DVD rip comes out. Thats what I did with the first one. I wonder if the police force is going to buy Paul Walker a car with $70,000 worth of modifications again after his last one got blowed up.

I'm with you on this one, I'll wait for the rip when it hits Kazaa and download it for free, this way I won't have to worry about all the craziness after the movie is over.

After the first one ended, everyone of the ricerboys drove like bats outta hell leaving the parking lot and in the parking lot. I was scared for my life, cause I had the wife and kids with me and I'm telling you, if they made a movie about the day in that lot it would've been called the "The Scared & Silliest."
Old 01-26-2003, 07:07 PM
CJP

You're right, they should make a documentary of the after movie parking lot craziness. I've heard many stories about idiots in their Civics and CRXs thinking they were part of the movie after it ended. Your average movie going audience has a pretty low IQ as it is. For a movie like this, its going to be boarder-line retarded.

Originally posted by bk2kmax

I'm with you on this one, I'll wait for the rip when it hits Kazaa and download it for free, this way I won't have to worry about all the craziness after the movie is over.

After the first one ended, everyone of the ricerboys drove like bats outta hell leaving the parking lot and in the parking lot. I was scared for my life, cause I had the wife and kids with me and I'm telling you, if they made a movie about the day in that lot it would've been called the "The Scared & Silliest."
Old 01-26-2003, 08:26 PM

ouch

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CJP
[B]You're right, they should make a documentary of the after movie parking lot craziness. I've heard many stories about idiots in their Civics and CRXs thinking they were part of the movie after it ended. Your average movie going audience has a pretty low IQ as it is. For a movie like this, its going to be boarder-line retarded.

I really think it's unfair how many people on this board are talking about the "rice boys". i mean give it a break people.
we go see it because of our diffrent reasons okay.
we like the cars, girls, actors, whatever the heck it is.
so if the movie makes "ricers" peel out and do donuts then so be it. just stay away from them. have fun people.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: ouch

[QUOTE]Originally posted by maxima00
[B]
Originally posted by CJP
You're right, they should make a documentary of the after movie parking lot craziness. I've heard many stories about idiots in their Civics and CRXs thinking they were part of the movie after it ended. Your average movie going audience has a pretty low IQ as it is. For a movie like this, its going to be boarder-line retarded.

I really think it's unfair how many people on this board are talking about the "rice boys". i mean give it a break people.
we go see it because of our diffrent reasons okay.
we like the cars, girls, actors, whatever the heck it is.
so if the movie makes "ricers" peel out and do donuts then so be it. just stay away from them. have fun people.
I think wut everyone is trying to say is, there are too many ricers out there. Our tolerance for thier reatarded behavior is gone, and they should die. Or goto school instead of smoking pot or crack or whatever drugs they are on that is causing them to believe their civic VTEC crap, huge wing, decal clowncar, bee noise, 20s 1/4 time..ehh i'm ranting. I want them to go away but this damn movie is going to breed more retards, y can't FSF be with mustangs, vetts and mabe a maxima or 2? ehh i don't know the point of this post, oh wait, I Hate ricers.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:42 AM

Re: Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious Trailer

why bother even giving all that description about a 4banger and stuff when ur obviously referring to Hondas. why is it u have this unjustified hatred towards Hondas, i dont understand. if its because of some people out there that give the cars a bad image with false badging and stuff, theres some in our crowd as well. if its cuz they dont use big engines, well they do make rather good use of smaller engines. if ur speaking of people that mod the less than spectacular hondas, well they exist in any manufacturers crowd. a slightly modded dohc civic or integra could easily give any maxima aside from 3.5L a run for its money.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:39 AM

Originally posted by BrentG
I like when all the 10 second cars line up and the whole scean took like 10 minutes!

My friend let me borrow a copy of the first one. It was not a good movie. Now the second one is coming out
We need to do a 'before and after' survey on how many people try to race us before and after they see this movie

Old 01-29-2003, 06:00 AM

Originally posted by SkylineGTR

why bother even giving all that description about a 4banger and stuff when ur obviously referring to Hondas. why is it u have this unjustified hatred towards Hondas, i dont understand. if its because of some people out there that give the cars a bad image with false badging and stuff, theres some in our crowd as well. if its cuz they dont use big engines, well they do make rather good use of smaller engines. if ur speaking of people that mod the less than spectacular hondas, well they exist in any manufacturers crowd. a slightly modded dohc civic or integra could easily give any maxima aside from 3.5L a run for its money.
To add to what you said and make it a little more descriptive, i believe you meant a slightly modified Integra GSR or Type R, or Civic Si would give give us a run for our money... Heck my 115hp Volvo 240 barely lost to a decently modified Civic EX 5speed that a friend of mine owns... lol
Old 01-29-2003, 06:33 AM
Zog

FORGET 2F2F

Forget 2F2F, I can't wait to see

BIKER BOYZ !

What a clone movie. . .
Old 01-29-2003, 06:47 AM

Re: FORGET 2F2F

Originally posted by zoggfatha
Forget 2F2F, I can't wait to see

BIKER BOYZ !

What a clone movie. . .
Good Call, Jeff!

That is EXACTLY what that movie is!

"You know what we call Bikers in the ER.......?.......ORGAN DONORS!"

give me a break
Old 01-29-2003, 07:29 AM

Well I'm behind you. I'll see the movie when it comes out.

If it wasn't for the first movie, I would have never gotten into car modding, and wouldn't be a member or this forum or even know it existed.

I saw the movie and got a rush I hadn't felt for a long time, and I knew what my new hobbie was going to be. That is when I started researching modding, and found Maxima.org.

The rest is history (and $9,500 spent in mods to my Max).

So, it may promote ricey queerness ; but if it wasn't for that movie I would be driving my plain jane, completely unmodded Max down the road, in an ignorant bliss like the rest of the non-modding world.

So I have to be thankful and give props where due.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:35 PM

My hatred is completely Justified. IF a majority of group of people are stupid, then they all are stupid because the smart ones are associating themselves with retards. In the case of honda owners 99.9% of them are slow, have fart can exhausts, stickers everywhere, huge *** tachs with shift light..on an auto. Vtec stickers on a 94 accord...comon, i drive a maxima because most people who drive it are classy, but if i start seeing more ricey maximas its time for a BMW or something. BTW, no civic or integra or SI has come close to my max, Are you nuts? A bottle of coke has more displacement then thier engines. and its not some...its most of hhonda owners that are liars.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:19 PM
CJP

Watch yourself. There is a fine line between having some class and being a snob. A couple months ago some guy here said he was selling his car and leaving the forum because he didn't think Maxima owners were classy enough for him. Believe it or not, but there are some very wealthy people out there who choose to drive Hondas because its an easy point and go car and they have to worry about much more important matters. Not every Honda driver is a sideway visor wearing, Eminem listening wannabe gangster. I see MANY more riced out Mustangs where I live than imports. Probably because I live in Texas, but still.

Originally posted by 88MaximaSE

My hatred is completely Justified. IF a majority of group of people are stupid, then they all are stupid because the smart ones are associating themselves with retards. In the case of honda owners 99.9% of them are slow, have fart can exhausts, stickers everywhere, huge *** tachs with shift light..on an auto. Vtec stickers on a 94 accord...comon, i drive a maxima because most people who drive it are classy, but if i start seeing more ricey maximas its time for a BMW or something. BTW, no civic or integra or SI has come close to my max, Are you nuts? A bottle of coke has more displacement then thier engines. and its not some...its most of hhonda owners that are liars.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:37 PM

Originally posted by Dave B

Dave
Man I disagree with you on that one. Saleen is a bad a$$ car, if I could afford one and the insurance on it I would buy it. Its probably the best FORD car made, too bad its a ford though.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:24 PM

Originally posted by T-bone

We need to do a 'before and after' survey on how many people try to race us before and after they see this movie
after the last movie i had at least 7 guys and 3 girls trying to race me
Old 01-29-2003, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by CJP
I see MANY more riced out Mustangs where I live than imports. Probably because I live in Texas, but still.

i agree i see more mustangs and ford rangers here that are more "riced, cracked, whatever" than i see hondas and nissans. Also there are a few turbod civics and tegs around here also... there the fun ones to play with.
Old 01-29-2003, 04:11 PM

Old 01-31-2003, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by 88MaximaSE

thats just being ignorant. oh btw displacement means torque, not whos faster. by your logic, a ferrari 360 Modena would lose to a Trans Am, just because it has less displacement. power comes from how much air the engine takes in, not how big it is. i suppose an F1 car would lose to a Maxima bc F1 only uses 2.6 Litres.

youre hating a car because of the owners, thats VERY justified im not naiive and i know that there are as u say 'stupid' owners, but thats not to say that the good cars that they do make suck. any well driven DOHC honda will give a Maxima a run for its money, if u think otherwise, thats just plain ignorance.
Old 01-31-2003, 05:16 PM

the not so fast and not so furious!

I think we should give the movie a break. Because I don't
think there are too many maxima's on this site that can
run with a single turbo NOS'ed RX7. I used to own an rx7
and i have vanquished many a car. Even a few 4th gen's.

I agree that the rice must stop. I have a sticker on my
side window that says " RICE COOKER". Yes the big wings are
quite dumb, and the stickers are a little outrageous, and
yes the coffe can exhaust gives you a headache. but that
is the way they choose to show off. ignore them. I figure
most of us on this site are atleast 25. So boys and girls
that makes us all adults. If you are bored and a ricer wants
to get cooked, by all means cook that a$$. I went to see the
first movie and most of my friends were ricers. sometimes i
used to think they hung around so they could say "my friend
owns a Lotus". but anyway. after the movie i was in my V-DUB.
and gave qite a few peoplw the blues when the turbo sppoled up
and i hit the laughing gas.

and everyone that likes NOS, have to admit the set up that
Vin Diesels car had was nice.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:34 AM

thats just being ignorant. oh btw displacement means torque, not whos faster. by your logic, a ferrari 360 Modena would lose to a Trans Am, just because it has less displacement. power comes from how much air the engine takes in, not how big it is. i suppose an F1 car would lose to a Maxima bc F1 only uses 2.6 Litres.

youre hating a car because of the owners, thats VERY justified im not naiive and i know that there are as u say 'stupid' owners, but thats not to say that the good cars that they do make suck. any well driven DOHC honda will give a Maxima a run for its money, if u think otherwise, thats just plain ignorance.
yeah OK Mr.Condescending, lets bring up exotic cars to prove a point. Yeah and a Nuclear sub probably has more HP per displacement. Who cares! Yeah I know a turbo civic can beat me. What do you tink everyone is ignorant around you mr i know everything about everything. CIvics are not "good cars" They are ECONOMY cars, built and designed to have good gas miles and last long for people on low budgets. how much engineering do you actually think they put into the engine for performance, not as much as making the thing durable and cost effective. I think makin an econ car a race car is ignorant, and I think people who priase the almighty VTEC are ignorant. lets put the Condescending roll of the eyes here to make me feel smarter...
Old 02-02-2003, 11:13 PM

youre only proving my point of ignorance by saying all civics are economy cars, i never said a lightly modded SOHC honda would give u a run for your money, i said a DOHC one would. that narrows the field to last gen civic si, integra type r, integra gsr, rsx type s, s2000 and nsx. minus the 2 latter cars, the rest would give a maxima a run for its money if they are similarly equipped.

oh btw, ENGINES and TRANSMISSIONS are designed for fuel economy, dohc hondas dont use the same engine and transmissions as the sohc ones. so there goes your argument that all Civics are DESIGNED for ECONOMY. either that or civics have the most fuel efficient chassis on the market.

hondas have been in gt racing for some time now, a lot of times integras and civics, and what engine do they happen to use? thats right the B Series motor that comes in the Civic Si, Integra GSR and Integra Type R. the motors are built up for it and can handle large power but if the engines are all the same why did they pick the B and not the D, the D Series motor was designed for gas mileage, the B was performance oriented. at least TRY to know something about the cars u call stupid.

oh and thanks for trying to keep the debate civil.

Quick Reply: 2 Fast 2 Furious Trailer