5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Killed 2k2 6spd in my VR6

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 06:41 PM
PrprLine

Killed 2k2 6spd in my VR6

Spanked a 2k2 6spd today. Two and a half cars from 70-110--this jamoke didn't know what hit him. As I blew this guy's doors off, I thought to myself--is 255 horse not enough? Apparently not. What gives?

Old 01-27-2003, 06:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Killed 2k2 6spd in my VR6

Originally posted by PrprLine
Spanked a 2k2 6spd today. Two and a half cars from 70-110--this jamoke didn't know what hit him. As I blew this guy's doors off, I thought to myself--is 255 horse not enough? Apparently not. What gives?
Two very simple words: The Driver.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:45 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Spanked a 2k2 6spd today.
how did you know it was a 6-speed if you were cruisin' at 70?
Old 01-27-2003, 06:47 PM

Re: Re: Killed 2k2 6spd in my VR6

Originally posted by maximadave

duh! you can't tell?

Moderators.. this guy, he came here to cause trouble.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:47 PM

Here is a recomendation.... Let the other guy know you want to race him... and make sure you know he is racing you....
Old 01-27-2003, 06:57 PM

is 255 horse not enough? Apparently not. What gives?
Doesn't sound right to me... I raced a guy in a 2k2 MB SLK 320 (much lighter than a Maxima), and was actually pulling away from him in third until we hit traffic and ruined all our fun!! I'm pretty sure an SLK 320 can hold its own against a jetta (unless of course the jetta had some mod help).
Old 01-27-2003, 06:57 PM

Obviously, you are a loser that cant afford a Maxima so you had to come on here and trash the Maxima.

02 Maxima SE 6spd, and you "killed" it from 70 - 110??? Wtf??? how the hell did you know it was a 6spd? And if it was an auto it'll still smoke yo sorry a$s~

From yo words, I can tell that you just saw a brand new mean-looking, shiny Maxima with HID's cruising past you, you tried to max out yo piece of crap to race him, but the driver of the Maxima didnt even give a $hit about you~ lol ~ And you got ****ed~ lol

Hmm...jealousy runs stronnnngg in you..
Old 01-27-2003, 07:02 PM
PrprLine

Originally posted by maximadave

Talked to him after at the pump. Good guy.

Old 01-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This guy obviously has NOTHING constructive to say about the Maxima and has only signed up here to taunt us. Who really cares what this guy says? I don't.
Don't give this guy the satisfaction by continuing to post in this thread. Hopefully, the mods will lock it soon.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:06 PM
PrprLine

Originally posted by MrCollegeGuy

Two very simple words: The Driver.
Well that was what I was thinking... Thing is, lots of people just plain don't bother to take a proper racing line. But, again, I'm wondering...maybe the horsepower beef people have with Nissan is significant after all when all you need is a proper line to make up for 75 or so horse.

Old 01-27-2003, 07:13 PM

Re: Re: Re: Killed 2k2 6spd in my VR6

Well that was what I was thinking... Thing is, lots of people just plain don't bother to take a proper racing line. But, again, I'm wondering...maybe the horsepower beef people have with Nissan is significant after all when all you need is a proper line to make up for 75 or so horse.
Man the Horse Power has nothing to do with it. You killed the driver, not the car. I've raced a friends VR6 chipped with my car and the guy couldn't hang with me. Mine is a 2000 with bolt-ons, but I'm no rookie driver.

Originally posted by Kraze D
Obviously, you are a loser that cant afford a Maxima so you had to come on here and trash the Maxima.
that's not cool
PrprLine

Originally posted by kronnman
This guy obviously has NOTHING constructive to say about the Maxima and has only signed up here to taunt us. Who really cares what this guy says? I don't.
Don't give this guy the satisfaction by continuing to post in this thread. Hopefully, the mods will lock it soon.
Hey, I don't know a lot about maximas---this is true. I ask that you please forgive me for this...But I do have something constructive to say---to maxima owners.

Learn to take a proper racing line! Trust me...you can intake/exaust all you want. Supercharge it...that's good too. But if you'd just take that money from clear corners and bling bling wheels and invest it in a driving class where you could learn how to take a proper line, you'd be beating jamokes in vettes like I beat that jamoke in the 2k2.

Old 01-27-2003, 07:21 PM
MaxItalia

Re: Re: Re: Re: Killed 2k2 6spd in my VR6

Originally posted by PIONEER

Man the Horse Power has nothing to do with it. You killed the driver, not the car. I've raced a friends VR6 chipped with my car and the guy couldn't hang with me. Mine is a 2000 with bolt-ons, but I'm no rookie driver.
What size/weight rims does your buddy have? Put the stock 15" from a 98 gti vr6 on a gti vr6 and it makes a massive difference?

Old 01-27-2003, 07:21 PM
Ford Only.

A 1992 Maxima SE 5 Speed would break your chick car off.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:23 PM
PrprLine

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Killed 2k2 6spd in my VR6

Originally posted by MaxItalia

What size/weight rims does your buddy have? Put the stock 15" from a 98 gti vr6 on a gti vr6 and it makes a massive difference?
Interesting...I have 205/60 on 15s....

Old 01-27-2003, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by dmontzmax
Old 01-27-2003, 07:25 PM

First of all, a race from 70-110mph is all car. Mostly not even driver. If it's a 6 speed, all he has to do is drop it in 3rd. Maybe he decided to race you while in 6th.
You have to have to have nothing short of forced induction to beat the 6speed or Auto on a highway race.
2nd, can you list your mods, tuning, and pics of your car? I'm not saying that it can't be done, but you have to show some serious facts on this buddy. Have you ever taken your car to a track? Timeslip?
Until you answer those.....
Old 01-27-2003, 07:25 PM
PrprLine

I am thinking my 2k2 kill was driver-related. BUT, as for your Nine-Duece---Even the most proper racing line could not bring it within a car length of my chick car.

Old 01-27-2003, 07:26 PM
PrprLine

I am thinking my 2k2 kill was driver-related. BUT, as for your Nine-Deuce---Even the most proper racing line could not bring it within a car length of my chick car.

Old 01-27-2003, 07:27 PM
It's chrome alright...

there have been plenty of times I'm cruising in 6th and someone pulls up next to me, then takes off. If... IF I decide to go he's already ahead so it's a game of catch-up for me.

I bet he didn't downshift until after you already took off. Bring your attitude to just about anyone here and see how you do.

Hey, I don't know a lot about maximas---this is true. I ask that you please forgive me for this...But I do have something constructive to say---to maxima owners.

Learn to take a proper racing line! Trust me...you can intake/exaust all you want. Supercharge it...that's good too. But if you'd just take that money from clear corners and bling bling wheels and invest it in a driving class where you could learn how to take a proper line, you'd be beating jamokes in vettes like I beat that jamoke in the 2k2.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:28 PM

Moderators should lock and delete this thread. dude, no one believes you. you may have won one race (if it even was a race), but even you know that over the aggregate, ANY 2k2 max will smoke a VR6 at any speed. my stock 2k2 auto has wasted so many VR6 jettas or whatever, by more carlengths than you can count, but you don't see me on VW forums trying to start shiit. quit wasting our server space and go do something more useful with your time.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Ford Only.

I am thinking my 2k2 kill was driver-related. BUT, as for your Nine-Duece---Even the most proper racing line could not bring it within a car length of my chick car.
Oh really? Do your research

You are pretty dumb to challenge something you know nothing about...my nine-deuce will hang with mostly any new car.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:34 PM

In defense.......A good racing line is crucial. If the driver doesnt know how to drive I can see it happening.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:36 PM

Hey guys, stop FLAMING GUYS that post up kills on this board..

I am a 2k2 driver, and post up i beat an S2000, and yes it might have been driver but i did it twice to two different cars..

There is nothing wrong with a Jetta VR6, in fact i think the car has a lot more style than my ugly rear ended 5th gen...

Now for the true part,

I have raced two vr6's golf and jetta, and I can really pull hard on them.. Don't get me wrong the VR6 equipped cars are pretty darn fast and should give a 5 speed max 95-2001 a good run for the money.

In fact, my friends VR6 Golf was modded and raced against my other friends Talon TSI AWD turbo, and the golf pulled on it..

But a vr6 anything even if it had an intake and exhaust would get TOTALLY somked by a 2k2 maxima or 2k2 altima.

ALthough the VW jetta is smaller than the max, they are pretty heavy cars and i believe the maxima has a stronger power to weight ratio than the Jetta (Assuming we realy do have 255hp)..

But a jetta vr6 stock can not pull a low 14 sec quarter mile time as posted by many of us, but a maxima can.. even the autos are in the mid to high 14's..

Sure u beat a maxima 2k2, but I beat an M3 (crappy driver)... however you are right, a 70-110 run is not really driver, unless the driver didn't down shift to 4th and tried to pull you in fifth..

I never really downshift to 4th at 60mph because i usually pull away from most cars in fifth.

ED
Old 01-27-2003, 07:36 PM

Hey guys, stop FLAMING GUYS that post up kills on this board..

I am a 2k2 driver, and post up i beat an S2000, and yes it might have been driver but i did it twice to two different cars..

There is nothing wrong with a Jetta VR6, in fact i think the car has a lot more style than my ugly rear ended 5th gen...

Now for the true part,

I have raced two vr6's golf and jetta, and I can really pull hard on them.. Don't get me wrong the VR6 equipped cars are pretty darn fast and should give a 5 speed max 95-2001 a good run for the money.

In fact, my friends VR6 Golf was modded and raced against my other friends Talon TSI AWD turbo, and the golf pulled on it..

But a vr6 anything even if it had an intake and exhaust would get TOTALLY somked by a 2k2 maxima or 2k2 altima.

ALthough the VW jetta is smaller than the max, they are pretty heavy cars and i believe the maxima has a stronger power to weight ratio than the Jetta (Assuming we realy do have 255hp)..

But a jetta vr6 stock can not pull a low 14 sec quarter mile time as posted by many of us, but a maxima can.. even the autos are in the mid to high 14's..

Sure u beat a maxima 2k2, but I beat an M3 (crappy driver)... however you are right, a 70-110 run is not really driver, unless the driver didn't down shift to 4th and tried to pull you in fifth..

I never really downshift to 4th at 60mph because i usually pull away from most cars in fifth.

ED
Old 01-27-2003, 07:49 PM
It's chrome alright...

Originally posted by MiniRX7

that eagle, if stock, had at most 210hp... different class than a 2k2 max.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:49 PM
PrprLine

Originally posted by sorcereur
First of all, a race from 70-110mph is all car. Mostly not even driver. If it's a 6 speed, all he has to do is drop it in 3rd. Maybe he decided to race you while in 6th.
You have to have to have nothing short of forced induction to beat the 6speed or Auto on a highway race.
2nd, can you list your mods, tuning, and pics of your car? I'm not saying that it can't be done, but you have to show some serious facts on this buddy. Have you ever taken your car to a track? Timeslip?
Until you answer those.....
My car is stock 5spd. The guy I raced started in 3rd, shifted to 4th, etc, as was explained after the race at the pump.

Your comment about the track is interesting. It appears that you think of "the track" as a straight line, where you get timeslips and race 5.0 Mustangs.

On the contrary, "the track" I refer to requires a proper racing line. It is the lack of this skill, which is obtained after practice and instruction on a road course, that obviously hurt the 2k2 in question. While I suspect the car may also have accounted for a certain portion of the loss--it was a driver's loss.

Go to the track, explore a proper line. You might not get a timeslip, but you'll have a good time.

Old 01-27-2003, 07:50 PM
Ford Only.

Thats nice you think you drive a ugly car. And I KNOW why you are attracted to Jettas bro cause when you usually see them, there is a hot chick behind the wheel.

Also you said 95-01 Max, but you left out the 92-94 SE which is just as potent as any of those.

190hp@5400rpm
190lb ft@4000rpm
VLSD Trans
Variable Intake
Valve Timing Control

and the list goes on....very well equipped.

high 14's-low 15's depending on driver.

There is your research MrPRPLINE.

BTW: Even if they 2k2 Driver sucked azz there is no way you could touch a low 14 second car, unless you were modded.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:00 PM

Whoops sorry, i am not too familiar with the the 91-94 as i own a 2k2 and my mom drives a 99 SE VLSD...

But i killed a talon TSI stock on stock... drivers switched also, the maxima is fast, real fast.. I love my ugly car!!

Nah but a jetta is a sweet ride except i think its too expensive compared to my cheaper maxima...

ED
Old 01-27-2003, 08:00 PM

1st off. everyone i have spoken to never takes a jetta seriously because its a chick car. vr6's had what, like 174 hp in 1999 and you said you were stock. are you sure you werent on hallucinegenincs when you were racing?
Old 01-27-2003, 08:04 PM
NWP Engineering.com

It still has nothing on my old 1992 Automatic grocery getter family car.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:08 PM

This thread is ridiculous. VR6 driver who just outran a 2K2 on the highway...who cares...we all know that a properly driven Maxima with any VQ (3.0 or 3.5) will outrun a VR6 on the highway. A whole bunch of Maxima drivers getting their panties in a bunch about a whole lot of nothing. Sad...leave the guy alone.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:08 PM
Ford Only.

Whoops sorry, i am not too familiar with the the 91-94 as i own a 2k2 and my mom drives a 99 SE VLSD...

But i killed a talon TSI stock on stock... drivers switched also, the maxima is fast, real fast.. I love my ugly car!!

Nah but a jetta is a sweet ride except i think its too expensive compared to my cheaper maxima...

ED
4th gens 95-99 dont have VLSD. They gave HLSD in the 2k2's finally, I dont think your car is ugly, in fact if I didnt love my 3rd gen soo much the only other Maxima I would own is a 2k2, unless I got a 4th or 00-01 5th gen dirt cheap.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:12 PM
PrprLine

Originally posted by Young04

Moderators should lock and delete this thread. dude, no one believes you. you may have won one race (if it even was a race), but even you know that over the aggregate, ANY 2k2 max will smoke a VR6 at any speed. my stock 2k2 auto has wasted so many VR6 jettas or whatever, by more carlengths than you can count, but you don't see me on VW forums trying to start shiit. quit wasting our server space and go do something more useful with your time.
I would have to agree with your comment that, over the aggregate, 2k2 6spd is faster than 99.5 VR6 5spd. I would however call attention to your confusion over what an aggregate is. You say that over the aggregate, ANY 2k2 max will win. The point of the aggregate, however, is that we are combining the results of all entries, and thus we can't single out "ANY" 2k2, or VR6 for that matter.

Because of that, it is this that i wonder: Does your confusion over aggregates indicate confusion over the importance of a proper racing line? Really, people. I cannot emphasize enough. A proper racing line is a BIG DEAL.

Good luck with your lines.

Old 01-27-2003, 08:15 PM

4th gens 95-99 dont have VLSD. They gave HLSD in the 2k2's finally, I dont think your car is ugly, in fact if I didnt love my 3rd gen soo much the only other Maxima I would own is a 2k2, unless I got a 4th or 00-01 5th gen dirt cheap.
Um, i am canadian, so my moms has VLSD hehe..

my HLSD on my 6speed isnt the greatest, feels very mechanical.. VERY!!

And i have to say the Vr6 is one of the sweetest sounding v6's out there next to the KL- v6 mazda motor...

ED
Old 01-27-2003, 08:17 PM
Ford Only.

99 Jettas run a mid-high 15 (at best) I was just talking online with my friend whom is a VW head and owns a Passatt now, he said he used to walk VR6 Jettas in his 89 SE 5 speed with the VG engine:

160hp@3500rpm
182lb ft@2600rpm.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Ford Only.

Um, i am canadian, so my moms has VLSD hehe..

my HLSD on my 6speed isnt the greatest, feels very mechanical.. VERY!!

And i have to say the Vr6 is one of the sweetest sounding v6's out there next to the KL- v6 mazda motor...

ED
my bad, you are correct then.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:20 PM

99 Jettas run a mid-high 15 (at best) I was just talking online with my friend whom is a VW head and owns a Passatt now, he said he used to walk VR6 Jettas in his 89 SE 5 speed with the VG engine:

160hp@3500rpm
182lb ft@2600rpm.
Come on now....You arent giving Jettas enough credit. VR6s are very close in performance to 5 speed VQ Maximas.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:21 PM

guys , all he's saying is he beat the driver not the car. i mean his car does handle better being smaller and all.

Quick Reply: Killed 2k2 6spd in my VR6