5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Advice on upgrading SE audio system

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 09:42 AM

Advice on upgrading SE audio system

I'm considering buying a 2k2 SE..my first maxima. I happy with it in all regards except with its audio system. (It does not have the Bose system upgrade.) What are the best options for upgrading this system. Should I change out the speakers with better ones? Should I add a subwoofer?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:27 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Advice on upgrading SE audio system

Originally posted by TMcD
I'm considering buying a 2k2 SE..my first maxima. I happy with it in all regards except with its audio system. (It does not have the Bose system upgrade.) What are the best options for upgrading this system. Should I change out the speakers with better ones? Should I add a subwoofer?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Check out the link in my sig.

I HIGHLY recommend the Infinity BassLink IF you're concerned with trunk space.

If you do it yourself, you can get the BassLink w/remote($220 shipped), RF 8-guage wiring($40 from Crutchfield), and on/off switch($16) for under $300. Well worth the improvement.

Next follow TimW's example with some 1" tweeters.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:01 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Advice on upgrading SE audio system

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Check out the link in my sig.

I HIGHLY recommend the Infinity BassLink IF you're concerned with trunk space.

If you do it yourself, you can get the BassLink w/remote($220 shipped), RF 8-guage wiring($40 from Crutchfield), and on/off switch($16) for under $300. Well worth the improvement.

Next follow TimW's example with some 1" tweeters.
When I got my 2K2, it had the BOSE system, and I still got rid of it. TOTALLY not worth what I paid for it, but I couldn't really get the options I wanted on the car without it. Anyway, I would recommend a new Head Unit (not mandatory, but I recommend nonetheless), new front speakers, the back speakers are okay. Get component speakers up front (tweeters and midrange seperate), an amp to run them, and a sub in a sealed enclosure. It sounds like a lot, but if you can't afford it, I would just do one step at a time. You will eventually have a killer system that even leaves BOSE in the dust.