5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Accelerate ... Weird Thing

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 09:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Accelerate ... Weird Thing

Well...as if I don't have little bugs here and there with a 2k3 Maxima with less than 1000 miles on it:

When I release the brake after a stoplight for example, and step on the gas immediately, and not even hard, the car would stutter a little bit before fully accelerating. It would jerk back a little when I step on the gas. But if I step on the gas very gently, then this wouldn't happen.

When it stutters I felt as if something's blocking the exhaust underneath, which is directly related to the vibrating problem from underneath when the car is idle (my previous post).

Any ideas?

Anyone know the return policy on new cars?
Old 01-29-2003, 09:31 PM
It's chrome alright...

Re: Accelerate ... Weird Thing

"return policy"? Search for "lemon law" and read read read. But before you get your hopes up, have you even taken it to the dealer? That might be a good place to start.

Originally posted by ucdaznboy96
Well...as if I don't have little bugs here and there with a 2k3 Maxima with less than 1000 miles on it:

When I release the brake after a stoplight for example, and step on the gas immediately, and not even hard, the car would stutter a little bit before fully accelerating. It would jerk back a little when I step on the gas. But if I step on the gas very gently, then this wouldn't happen.

When it stutters I felt as if something's blocking the exhaust underneath, which is directly related to the vibrating problem from underneath when the car is idle (my previous post).

Any ideas?

Old 01-30-2003, 09:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Any ideas?

I think that's a safety thing. All the automatic cars that I've driven have done the same thing. Your lucky you're not driving a Jetta. Those things are horrible. The vibration when stopped is also because of the transmission. Pop the car in neutral, vibration gone. I don't think it's of any concern.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Any ideas?

It's normal (think of it as a feature...). It seems to go away some when the car gets broken in, but there have been threads about it. A search for "hesitation" should find it.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hopefully these little bugs will go away soon. I mean, normally, the car drives wonderfully and flawlessly.