5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Injen with Apexi filter

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 06:27 PM

Injen with Apexi filter

Has anyone put this arrangement together yet? I know a couple of ppl. have bought them, but has anyone put the Apexi filter on an Injen intake. And did you have any probs with the MAF afterwords. I just got mine in today, but I can't install it because I was sent the wrong mounting bracket. Please help if you can, Thanks
Old 01-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

Re: Injen with Apexi filter

Originally posted by Bulldawg
Has anyone put this arrangement together yet? I know a couple of ppl. have bought them, but has anyone put the Apexi filter on an Injen intake. And did you have any probs with the MAF afterwords. I just got mine in today, but I can't install it because I was sent the wrong mounting bracket. Please help if you can, Thanks
Oh I just got mine today as well. I haven't checked the mounting bracket though. I hope I got the right one. I'll have the same setup, Injen with Apexi. I would install right now, but I just got done flushing my power steering fluid and changing my spark plugs. I'm just beat and let me tell you that engine compartment was not made for a guy with big hands and fat fingers to work in.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:03 AM

Re: Re: Injen with Apexi filter

Originally posted by foodmanry

Oh I just got mine today as well. I haven't checked the mounting bracket though. I hope I got the right one. I'll have the same setup, Injen with Apexi. I would install right now, but I just got done flushing my power steering fluid and changing my spark plugs. I'm just beat and let me tell you that engine compartment was not made for a guy with big hands and fat fingers to work in.

Could you please post if you have ANY MAF probs after the install. It will be a couple of days for me to do mine, because I am waiting on the correct bracket. Also what I really meant to ask, was is there any 2k2's with an Injen that have the Apexi filter. Because your 2k doesn't have the same MAF issues as "we" do. thanks
Old 01-31-2003, 09:13 AM
Da Roller Coaster!

Re: Re: Re: Injen with Apexi filter

Could you please post if you have ANY MAF probs after the install. It will be a couple of days for me to do mine, because I am waiting on the correct bracket. Also what I really meant to ask, was is there any 2k2's with an Injen that have the Apexi filter. Because your 2k doesn't have the same MAF issues as "we" do. thanks
Yeah the 2k & 2k1 MAF's are more stable for some reason. All my previous filters were of some K&N design and have yet to see a MAF problem with 53K on my car. I got the Apexi because I wanted to try it and everyone had said good things about it. I still have to check the bracket and make sure it's the right one. But if I do have any MAF problems I'll be sure to post, that's a given.

Good luck with yours. I doubt you will have a MAF problem using an Apexi since it is not oiled, but with the 2k2 MAFs you never know.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:01 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

Holy crap! I just put back on my Injen today with the Apexi filter. Damn...that thing is louder. It has a nice sound to it. It seems to be better pickup, but then again that's just a butt dyno. There is definitely more air getting in, compared to the original Injen filter. I am going to see how it accelerates with high speed, 90 and above. The main problem with the Injen was the poor pick up at that speed.

Overall I like it,
Old 02-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Yankees pwn you !

Originally posted by foodmanry
Holy crap! I just put back on my Injen today with the Apexi filter. Damn...that thing is louder. It has a nice sound to it. It seems to be better pickup, but then again that's just a butt dyno. There is definitely more air getting in, compared to the original Injen filter. I am going to see how it accelerates with high speed, 90 and above. The main problem with the Injen was the poor pick up at that speed.

Overall I like it,

I just installed an Apexi Filter on my Frankencar today and it sounds louder than when I had my Monster Flow on it. As far as my Butt Dyno, it feels a little bit faster than before.

I Like it.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:50 PM

Re: Injen with Apexi filter

Can you put a link to where you got the filter and which one it was? I'd like to pick one up myself.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Yankees pwn you !

Re: Re: Injen with Apexi filter

Originally posted by DrVolkl

Can you put a link to where you got the filter and which one it was? I'd like to pick one up myself.
You can get the filter at www.frankencar.com They sell it for 115 shipped with all the hardware needed.