5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My 2k2 maxima is totalled

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 08:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

My 2k2 maxima is totalled

Its my god damn b-day today, and guess what.. 8:20 AM and i get in to an accident.. a major one too..

Travelling down and a truck decideds to make a left on thte street i am heading down at ...

I had no time to slow down, and i nailed the rear of his frame (it was a delivery truck)...

End result, over 12K in damage... and it might be a write off.. waiting till tommorrow..

questions:

1. If they repair, how much is the stillen front big mouth facia, i rather get that instead of the original bumper..

2. What is on the left side of the car that is important, assuing the electrical harnesses are all replaced..

3. WHY THE HELL DO I HAVDE SUCH BAD LUCK WITH HTIS MAX..

Ed
Old 01-30-2003, 09:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: My 2k2 maxima is totalled

Originally posted by MiniRX7
Its my god damn b-day today, and guess what.. 8:20 AM and i get in to an accident.. a major one too..

Travelling down and a truck decideds to make a left on thte street i am heading down at ...

I had no time to slow down, and i nailed the rear of his frame (it was a delivery truck)...

End result, over 12K in damage... and it might be a write off.. waiting till tommorrow..

questions:

1. If they repair, how much is the stillen front big mouth facia, i rather get that instead of the original bumper..

2. What is on the left side of the car that is important, assuing the electrical harnesses are all replaced..

Ed
Damn man, that sucks. People are driving really irresponsibly nowadays. Everyones coming after the Maximas.....
Old 01-30-2003, 09:01 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Sorry to hear that dude...
Old 01-30-2003, 09:05 PM

GOD DAMN THAT SUCKS. HOW UNFORTUNATE COULD IT BE TO HAVE ACCIDENT ON YOUR BIRTHDAY.

Old 01-30-2003, 09:05 PM

When life hands you lemons, make lemonaide. I've thought myself about what I would do if that ever happens to me. I think I would probably go buy a G35. I love that thing, man. Probably what I will get once I'm finished with the max.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:10 PM

Well, if they repair, i wann put the stillen front fascia kit on the front and the ionic wing on the rear. then i will feel better..

What kind of foglights go on the front faschia kit??
Old 01-30-2003, 09:21 PM

Dude,
with over 12K in damage, I'd have to politely ask the claim investigator to total it. Man, I dont think and the feeling will ever be the same. Happy Birthday though... and sorry to hear!
Old 01-30-2003, 09:35 PM

Sorry to hear about the Max, BUT you received the best gift you could ever have gotten on your birthday, your LIFE !!!
Be happy to live another day.
Any accident you can walk away from is a good one.
Happy Birthday!!!
Old 01-30-2003, 10:02 PM
MaxItalia

G35 Coupe 6spd.

Old 01-30-2003, 10:14 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

having a wreck sucks.. but really, if totalled, be happy. You probably dodged the resale bullet. I dont suppose you'll be spending that ins check on the Nissan lot.. Me? I'd love a G35, but if I'm forced to sell my max because I cant get consistant service, I will probably get a IS300. I know thats not a *value* car, in fact, it would be a step down in many ways.. but I would sleep alittle better a night knowing my warranty is worth the paper its printed on.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey B-day Boi...

Don't know how else to comfort u... especially when sh*t like this happened on ur b-day... well.. all I can say is... ur max is only an object... and it can always be repaired & replaced easily... the most important thing is that ur not hurt/injured... so cheer up! Ne wayz... this is all... this friend of urs can do for u... signing up to this damn site... just to find out what happened (cuz someone is too lazy to type out his tragedy! haha.. jj)... when I don't even know wat it is... haha... Well hope u'll feel better tomolo...
Old 01-30-2003, 11:13 PM

its all good. everything happens for a reason.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:47 PM

hey Ed

sry 2 hear that about ur Max.....but get it fixed and get the front kit on it.........and good that ur fine and we'll get this paintball meet goin' so u can shoot up Jer...

l8er

Torres
Old 01-31-2003, 12:18 AM

"Sorry to hear about your ride,especially on your B-day" ...Anyways,I see a 6spd. 2003 Infiniti G-35 Coupe in your future At least your alive and well. Cars can be easily replaced,Lives aren't....
Old 01-31-2003, 01:20 AM
Former Sponsor

depending on your insurance, some insurance companies will pay you a full replacement cost on your vehicle if it is less than on year old- try that and pick up a G35 coupe

anyways you have your life, be thankful hope you are ok

be safe out there

big brakes save lives
Old 01-31-2003, 05:26 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Old 01-31-2003, 06:00 AM

Dude, i really really don't recommend you get that car fixed if the damage is remotely near that. Even if you want the stillen kit or any of that. The car will be **** from that point on.
My 2k celica was wrecked, and the final bill was about $12k-$13k. All it did was bounce off the median. (Speaking of sheetmetal). Anyway, the car drove and handled, and looked just fine (great bodyshop), but there were more rattles than in a 1900 Ford. There were leaks that we couldn't figure out where they were coming from.
Basically, get the car totalled and pick up another one if you want a max. Great deals on 2k3s right now. Or pick up whatever else you want.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:19 AM

Ed....very sorry to hear about your accident - especially on your day. The only thing I can think of is....blessing in disguise, perhaps?

Cheer up - you walked away and you're lucky.

I wish I had the Stillen info for you but I'm a newbie (read: NOT VERY BRIGHT) and still don't know my way around looking for parts.

Someone help this brother out!

Old 01-31-2003, 06:34 AM

Welcome to the 2K2 Maxima totalled car club. I totlalled my Maxima after having it for only 6 months. Fortunately I had GapWise insurance and Geico regular insurance to cover the entire loan. I now have a 2K3.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:36 AM

yeah...I agree with these guys...try to get it totaled, then go buy yourself another new maxi...

If they want to rebuild, make sure you choose who does the work. don't let them tell you they have to choose. they don't. they can shop around for a "reasonable cost estimate" but you still get to choose who does the work.

and most importantly...you're not hurt. cars can be replaced. give us some pics of the banged up max...i'd like to see what it looks like.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:42 AM
Banned

Ed, sorry to hear that happened, especially on your birthday. But like everyone said, it's just a car (although sometimes we like to think more of it), and you're not hurt, which is the most important thing.

Let me also reiterate what others have said about getting it totalled. Try to have the appraiser write it off as totalled, because with that amount of damage, it will never drive the same. Your best bet would be to write it off, and then go get yourself a new car (G35 coupe/sedan 6sp???).

Good luck.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:43 AM
Maxima Pilot

Mini...sorry to hear that, count your blessings

that you are okay....mu vote is like many above, get it totalled and get a G35...
Best of luck
Old 01-31-2003, 06:46 AM

Originally posted by MaxItalia
G35 Coupe 6spd.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:53 AM

Originally posted by woreyah
Welcome to the 2K2 Maxima totalled car club. I totlalled my Maxima after having it for only 6 months. Fortunately I had GapWise insurance and Geico regular insurance to cover the entire loan. I now have a 2K3.
Woreyah - when I bought my car last week, I also purchased Gap insurance from Nissan. Is that the same as your GapWise?

- badabing -
Old 01-31-2003, 07:00 AM

questions:

Ed
Yeeowch! Sorry to hear that. Like the others above, my advice would be to try and get it totalled - although it can no doubt be fixed, fixed back to original quality is going to be hard.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:40 AM
Jer

Bastards! Respekt the local supercharged guy ok?

Ed : the guy at 401 dixie can try to have it written off... let me know if you want the hook up. He'll just present the insurance co. with an inflated bill

Originally posted by Torres
hey Ed

sry 2 hear that about ur Max.....but get it fixed and get the front kit on it.........and good that ur fine and we'll get this paintball meet goin' so u can shoot up Jer...

l8er

Torres
Old 01-31-2003, 08:18 AM

Sorry to hear what happened. I'ld say get the car written of and then purchase another maxima or whatever your Budget is.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:17 AM

I feel for you man!! Just look at my homepage and you'll see why. It's $9k in damage and is one week away from being fixed.

Like everyone has told me... main thing you're okay. I'm thinking.... my farkin car man!!!!!
Old 01-31-2003, 11:44 AM

Originally posted by maximilion
I feel for you man!! Just look at my homepage and you'll see why. It's $9k in damage and is one week away from being fixed.

Like everyone has told me... main thing you're okay. I'm thinking.... my farkin car man!!!!!
Man that looks rough. Your back and Neck ok?? I've run into a wall before, Had a neck brace for 2 weeks.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by PIONEER

Man that looks rough. Your back and Neck ok?? I've run into a wall before, Had a neck brace for 2 weeks.
I've been going to Physical Therapy for a few weeks now for neck pain. Still kinda hurts at times.

I'll try and take updated pics today - they welded in the trunk floor, rear braces and should be test fitting the trunk lid today.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

all i have to say after being in a fatal car accident be glad
your neck and back hurts it could be a lot worse a whole lot worse trust me but this tells me one thing that the Maxima is a really great car! good luck with your car
Old 01-31-2003, 06:00 PM

Thanks for all your concerns..

I love my maxima (i hate the quirks and nissan service).. but i have yet to get my insurance to call me.. Adjuster is supposed to go this morning...

I want it written off.. pushed the bodyshop guy to write it off..

I am deciding if they do write it off if i should buy another max. Right now nothing makes me happer than a max.. plus i have an APEXI FRANKENCAR coming soon...

If they do fix it (the damage is really really bad, but no frame damage, and no airbags deployed and engine is good), i want the front fascia stillan and the ionic dynamics wing for my car.

If not i am deciding on the following cars:
1. Used 99 LExus GS400
2. 2k3 Nissan Maxima SE 6speed but in chrome silver or pearlwhite
3. Mazda Protege5

I dont want a G35 because it cost over 10K cdn over the maxima (including taxes).. too much money!

Ed
Old 01-31-2003, 06:26 PM

I love my maxima (i hate the quirks and nissan service).. but i have yet to get my insurance to call me.. Adjuster is supposed to go this morning...

I am deciding if they do write it off if i should buy another max. Right now nothing makes me happer than a max.. plus i have an APEXI FRANKENCAR coming soon...

If they do fix it (the damage is really really bad, but no frame damage, and no airbags deployed and engine is good), i want the front fascia stillan and the ionic dynamics wing for my car.

1. Used 99 LExus GS400
3. Mazda Protege5

I dont want a G35 because it cost over 10K cdn over the maxima (including taxes).. too much money!

Ed
all those seem like great choices , but if i were you i wouldn't get a chrome(sheer) silver max. OK
Old 01-31-2003, 06:39 PM

1. Used 99 LExus GS400
3. Mazda Protege5

Ed
I ain't knockin' on anyone, but I looked at your list.... Lexus, Maxima, Protege5????

It's kinda like saying I want either a Ferrari or a Ford. Both totally different cars. What kind of look or feel are you going for? GS400 is WAY different than a Protege5. I can see if it was GS400 vs. 330i vs. c-class or something.

Jus' wonderin'
Old 01-31-2003, 06:43 PM

I'll buy your interior! Dash..carpet..black panels...seats!..hehe . BUt sorry to hear man...glad to see that your alive tho. Be glad.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:53 PM

I know..

LExus vs maxima vs Protege ..hmmm

Well i say protege because i can cut back on expensive payments large, and wait till later to get a nice car again..

Not because i am comparing them accross the field LOL..

Hahha

ED
Old 01-31-2003, 07:14 PM

I know..

Well i say protege because i can cut back on expensive payments large, and wait till later to get a nice car again..

Hahha

ED
If THAT'S the reason, I'd say go with the Protege5. My friend has one and after the ground kit, rims, tint, sounds, etc. it looks KILLER!!!!! It may not be fast, but it looks awesome!!
Old 01-31-2003, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by badabing

Woreyah - when I bought my car last week, I also purchased Gap insurance from Nissan. Is that the same as your GapWise?

- badabing -

Yes it is. I would never buy a new car without it.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:35 PM

I know..

Hahha

ED
hey Ed

i hope u get another Maxima if it gets written off.....and b-sides ur gettin' the intake soon

Torres
Old 02-01-2003, 10:37 PM

PICS

http://www.pbase.com/minirx7/2k2_accident

Quick Reply: My 2k2 maxima is totalled