5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

It's is a conspiracy I swear.. regarding my recent y-pipe install and stillen headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 09:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It's is a conspiracy I swear.. regarding my recent y-pipe install and stillen headers

Hear me out here. Today I got the bright idea to finaly put the rest of my 95-01 stillen y-pipe on, in other words I am basicly making my car a fed spec model. Well things started out smooth, but to make a long story short I just stepped inside after 8 hours of hell. The damn Y-pipe is still not on! I'm not even going to get into the details of the crap I went through. I will tell you this though, I drove 60 miles trying to find the right nut, and I never found it. So I had to drill out the damn studs(not fun!).

Why is this a conspiracy you might ask? Well, I just got word stillen decided to release headers today!! So basicly I just spent 8 hours(more to come) and then stillen has the nerve to do this This is un-beleivable, I can not beleive how un-lucky I am. Now I am going to have to do headers yet again! DAMN IT!!!! I HATE installing headers!
Old 02-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: It's is a conspiracy I swear.. regarding my recent y-pipe install and stillen headers

Originally posted by emax95
Hear me out here. Today I got the bright idea to finaly put the rest of my 95-01 stillen y-pipe on, in other words I am basicly making my car a fed spec model. Well things started out smooth, but to make a long story short I just stepped inside after 8 hours of hell. The damn Y-pipe is still not on! I'm not even going to get into the details of the crap I went through. I will tell you this though, I drove 60 miles trying to find the right nut, and I never found it. So I had to drill out the damn studs(not fun!).

Why is this a conspiracy you might ask? Well, I just got word stillen decided to release headers today!! So basicly I just spent 8 hours(more to come) and then stillen has the nerve to do this This is un-beleivable, I can not beleive how un-lucky I am. Now I am going to have to do headers yet again! DAMN IT!!!! I HATE installing headers!
I feel for ya man.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:10 PM

Re: It's is a conspiracy I swear.. regarding my recent y-pipe install and stillen headers

That does suck. But are these headers really available or is it one of those things where they will be out in like 6-12 months. Has anyone actually called Stillen to find out?
Old 02-01-2003, 10:19 PM

Re: Re: It's is a conspiracy I swear.. regarding my recent y-pipe install and stillen headers

Originally posted by 03BlkSETE

That does suck. But are these headers really available or is it one of those things where they will be out in like 6-12 months. Has anyone actually called Stillen to find out?
I just noticed they say "TBA". I feel a little better now. My finger nail still kills though
Old 02-01-2003, 10:21 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

I drove 60 miles trying to find the right nut, and I never found it. So I had to drill out the damn studs(not fun!).
That's the primary disadvantage of living in the boonies.

You are starting to sound like me...
Old 02-01-2003, 10:35 PM

You guys living in the boonies got it made. Plenty of roads with no traffic to test out any new mods Me, I jump on th highway and just as I'm gettin the feel of soemthing, this silly Metro or something will cut me off

DW
Old 02-01-2003, 10:41 PM

Just to clear it up I have a few hardware shops about 10 miles away, I went 60 miles because the shops where all either closed or did not have the correct nut. I live in the woods, yes, but I am really only about 10 minutes from busy areas. BTW I grew up in a normal part of town, so dont get the impression I am a back woods hick or something of that sort Just wanted ot clear up the popular belief.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:23 AM

Just to clear it up I have a few hardware shops about 10 miles away, I went 60 miles because the shops where all either closed or did not have the correct nut. I live in the woods, yes, but I am really only about 10 minutes from busy areas. BTW I grew up in a normal part of town, so dont get the impression I am a back woods hick or something of that sort Just wanted ot clear up the popular belief.
...cue the theme from "Deliverance".
Old 02-02-2003, 08:54 PM

The front "fed-spec" piece to the y-pipe did not fit.. I ended up having to put all the stuff back on.. So a grand total of 11 hours in sub-freezing weather, in the dirt and ice WASTED..
Old 02-02-2003, 11:30 PM

was it severely mismatched, or could it be done with a little cutting and welding?
Old 02-02-2003, 11:47 PM

Originally posted by SkylineGTR
was it severely mismatched, or could it be done with a little cutting and welding?
After pushing things to there very limit(one step from something snapping) there was still another CM gap.. I don't know what could be done other then having the pipe modified or replaced.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:50 AM
Blu
the tits

you never stop