5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Had to reduce hp because of this auto tranny

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Had to reduce hp because of this auto tranny

When I installed my Y & B pipes and intake system I noted a rise in my shift rpm. Now that cool weather is here my engine is making even more hp and actually hits the revlimiter before it shifts. I had to removed my K & N intake, reinstalled my factory intake and now it shifts at about 6400 rpm. This is perfect. No more hitting the revlimiter at around 6700 rpm. I have less hp but might actually pick up et due to much better shifts. When summer gets here and my engine is making less hp I will probably be able to reinstall the K & N.

Some have posted that I need a valve body to bring the shifts down. The only company noted doesn't answer emails. If anybody knows where to find a valve body or any other means of lowing shift points I can go back to my K & N intake and get my hp gains back.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:39 PM
Jer

Re: Had to reduce hp because of this auto tranny

Who's that only company? If it's Don, don't worry he'll respond eventually, and will get you the VB. Also eventually.

Try calling Maxximum Tuning - they do the VB mod and a good job of it too.

Originally posted by Larry
When I installed my Y & B pipes and intake system I noted a rise in my shift rpm. Now that cool weather is here my engine is making even more hp and actually hits the revlimiter before it shifts. I had to removed my K & N intake, reinstalled my factory intake and now it shifts at about 6400 rpm. This is perfect. No more hitting the revlimiter at around 6700 rpm. I have less hp but might actually pick up et due to much better shifts. When summer gets here and my engine is making less hp I will probably be able to reinstall the K & N.

Some have posted that I need a valve body to bring the shifts down. The only company noted doesn't answer emails. If anybody knows where to find a valve body or any other means of lowing shift points I can go back to my K & N intake and get my hp gains back.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:02 PM

Re: Re: Had to reduce hp because of this auto tranny

Originally posted by Jer
Who's that only company? If it's Don, don't worry he'll respond eventually, and will get you the VB. Also eventually.

Try calling Maxximum Tuning - they do the VB mod and a good job of it too.

Jeff at Mximum Tuning has not responded.

Do you have Don's email address or phone number?

How much are modified Valve bodies? How easy to install? Will this allow for me to adjust my shift points myself? I don't mind spending money as long as I get the results I need. Thanks!
Old 02-06-2003, 01:15 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Had to reduce hp because of this auto tranny

Jeff at Mximum Tuning has not responded.

Do you have Don's email address or phone number?

How much are modified Valve bodies? How easy to install? Will this allow for me to adjust my shift points myself? I don't mind spending money as long as I get the results I need. Thanks!
You don't want his phone number. Call Maximum Tuning.

Have you read the dealer forum lately?
Old 02-06-2003, 01:54 PM

Re: Had to reduce hp because of this auto tranny

this is one of the saddest threads... having to take away hp from a maxima. alot of people would that at that statement but us maxima owners should be proud.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:07 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Had to reduce hp because of this auto tranny

Originally posted by Jime

You don't want his phone number. Call Maximum Tuning.

Have you read the dealer forum lately?
I'll give Maximum Tuning a call tomorrow. Thanks for the hint!
Old 02-06-2003, 02:10 PM

Re: Re: Had to reduce hp because of this auto tranny

Originally posted by slickrick

this is one of the saddest threads... having to take away hp from a maxima. alot of people would that at that statement but us maxima owners should be proud.
Not sure this is something to be proud of. Proud of more hp but if you can't use it not something to be very proud of.