5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Lost of power

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 05:59 AM
SMX
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Lost of power

Lost all power in the center console in the roof (Dome light, Sun roof controls, Dimming mirror. Etc) Check all the fuses under the dash and the fuse box on the driver’s side of the car. Is there any other fuse boxes other than these two? Any idea what else I need to check?
Old 02-16-2003, 07:00 AM
Sanduguero

Re: Lost of power

Originally posted by SMX
[B]Lost all power in the center console in the roof (Dome light, Sun roof controls, Dimming mirror. Etc) Check all the fuses under the dash and the fuse box on the driver’s side of the car. Is there any other fuse boxes other than these two? Any idea what else I need to check?

Check inside the engine bay is in your right side!
Old 02-16-2003, 07:36 AM
SMX

Re: Re: Lost of power

Originally posted by playero
[B]Originally posted by SMX
Lost all power in the center console in the roof (Dome light, Sun roof controls, Dimming mirror. Etc) Check all the fuses under the dash and the fuse box on the driver’s side of the car. Is there any other fuse boxes other than these two? Any idea what else I need to check?

Check inside the engine bay is in your right side!

You mean the fuse box on the drivers side? If so I check that all are fine.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:28 AM
SMX

Come on…. Someone has to know. I tested to see if there is any power going to any of the lights. They’re all dead. No power to the dimming mirror, homelink, sunroof controls, dome light, but the door lights work
Old 02-16-2003, 10:50 AM

Well, all the connections to the roof are combined into 1 "Room Lamp Harness" that covers everything on the roof of the car. The harness also is connected to the tweeter in the A pillar on the driver's side. It connects to the Main Body Harness on the A pillar. Check the connector there and make sure it's tightly connected. If it's not there, I'd have the dealer look at it. You may have a bad harness in the roof.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:17 AM
SMX

Originally posted by studman
Well, all the connections to the roof are combined into 1 "Room Lamp Harness" that covers everything on the roof of the car. The harness also is connected to the tweeter in the A pillar on the driver's side. It connects to the Main Body Harness on the A pillar. Check the connector there and make sure it's tightly connected. If it's not there, I'd have the dealer look at it. You may have a bad harness in the roof.

Possibly,going to check it.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:31 AM
SMX

Ok! Studman you know your s**t. Started to take off the A- pillar and the dimming mirror light came on. He was right, the wiring harness got unplugged. Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2003, 12:42 PM

No problem. I do what I do because it's all I can do. If ya know what I mean, dog!!!!! Anyways, I was never meant to be a rapper. I'm a white guy. White guys can read. I can read. Not that you care.

Anyways, I'm glad to hear it's fixed.