5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Mod bug strikes again....brake kit ordered.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Maxima Pilot

Mod bug strikes again....brake kit ordered.

Yeah...from my friends at Precision Brakes....will be ready in about five to six weeks as it's a custom job; it's the first time they do a kit with the larger Superlite caliper.

The kit consists of 12.9" x 1.25" Wilwood two-piece rotors -plain, no slots or holes, thank u very much, the Wilwood forged Superlite four-piston caliper, braided lines and Wilwood Q compound pads....

The combination of all this will remove nearly 9 lbs of unsprung weight off each wheel and provide a rotor diameter nearly 1.6 inches larger than the OEM rotor.

In case you're interested, it will be a tad under $1400
Old 03-04-2003, 12:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

SAWEET!!!
Old 03-04-2003, 12:37 PM

Re: Mod bug strikes again....brake kit ordered.

Originally posted by Galo
Yeah...from my friends at Precision Brakes....will be ready in about five to six weeks as it's a custom job; it's the first time they do a kit with the larger Superlite caliper.

The kit consists of 12.9" x 1.25" Wilwood two-piece rotors -plain, no slots or holes, thank u very much, the Wilwood forged Superlite four-piston caliper, braided lines and Wilwood Q compound pads....

The combination of all this will remove nearly 9 lbs of unsprung weight off each wheel and provide a rotor diameter nearly 1.6 inches larger than the OEM rotor.

Thats an EXTREAM kit!
Old 03-04-2003, 03:31 PM

Re: Mod bug strikes again....brake kit ordered.

What are you tryin to stop, not a max..looks like a F1 race car

Old 03-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Maxima Pilot

Welll, not really....this rotor is the same size as

the rotor of the nearly $2500 Brembo kit (328 mm) with a caliper that is just a tad smaller so it appears to be comparable to a Brembo in that sense. There's another kit out there that has the smaller Wilwood Dynalite caliper -but with a 13" one piece rotor (that weighs nearly 20 lbs, BTW....yikes!) so this setup I'm getting is not as large/radical as might appear to be at first blush.

I've a good hill to go up and down twice every day -likely one of the reasons why my brakes have warped twice in 13k miles so...I'm okay with this.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:21 PM

Re: Welll, not really....this rotor is the same size as

J/K soon as I get my 2k3, i plan on doing braking power ie. Brembos or Wilwoods. Well thats after i aquire headers,intake,exhaust and maybe pulleys.

the rotor of the nearly $2500 Brembo kit (328 mm) with a caliper that is just a tad smaller so it appears to be comparable to a Brembo in that sense. There's another kit out there that has the smaller Wilwood Dynalite caliper -but with a 13" one piece rotor (that weighs nearly 20 lbs, BTW....yikes!) so this setup I'm getting is not as large/radical as might appear to be at first blush.

I've a good hill to go up and down twice every day -likely one of the reasons why my brakes have warped twice in 13k miles so...I'm okay with this.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:16 PM

I want to see pics when everything is installed