5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Got some pics of my system installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 10:08 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Got some pics of my system installed

I am still not 100% done but you can see where were at. Page 2 of my homepage or here:http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....readid=196293. Let me know what you think so far.

Kevin
Old 03-12-2003, 10:12 AM

Re: Got some pics of my system installed

Originally posted by GoldMember
I am still not 100% done but you can see where were at. Page 2 of my homepage or here:http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....readid=196293. Let me know what you think so far.

Kevin
damn looks phat. how much did it cost for u to do all that? i think im gonna start looking into my car sounds after i finish my suspension mods.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:15 AM

Re: Re: Got some pics of my system installed

Originally posted by skandalouz

damn looks phat. how much did it cost for u to do all that? i think im gonna start looking into my car sounds after i finish my suspension mods.

Around $1500 for everthing. Thats for Kenwood Deck, 2 sets of Infinity kappa components, Orion XTRPro 12's, Rewiring the whole car. Optima Yellow Top. 250G5 Amp, Autotek ss600.4 for components. Amp kit, and box supplies. I might be leaving other things out. We did all the install so that saved me a lot of money.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:49 AM

Kevin
Which model # did you use for the Optima. I got one but it seems kinda small for the car and the (positve) post did not fit exactly right
Old 03-12-2003, 12:29 PM

Re: Re: Got some pics of my system installed

Originally posted by Max_Vader_2K

Which model # did you use for the Optima. I got one but it seems kinda small for the car and the (positve) post did not fit exactly right
Don't know the model#, i'm at work right now. The positive post doesn't fit exactly, not sure if you can tell by the pics. I am getting new terminals soon to fix it.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:36 PM

Not to bad...
Old 03-12-2003, 12:38 PM

Hey kevin, wassup man, nice pics.

I've heard this system and it pounds like no other. Kevin played this 'subwoofer test' song and at the lowest note, I couldn't even open up my mouth because my muscles were so relaxed. This has to be the greatest sounding system I've heard. And what is that Kevin? Is that a 100W amp powering those subs?
Old 03-12-2003, 01:16 PM
SMX

Where did you get the radio face plate from? Is that the one that Crutchfield sell?
Old 03-12-2003, 01:20 PM

Originally posted by SMX
Where did you get the radio face plate from? Is that the one that Crutchfield sell?
It is the vent piece from a 00-01 gxe, the vent comes with the faceplate attached. I am not sure what the nissan part# is for it because i'm at work right now. I will look it up and let you know. You also need to buy the pocket for it, i will also try to find its part# to.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by PHATMAN5050

I've heard this system and it pounds like no other. Kevin played this 'subwoofer test' song and at the lowest note, I couldn't even open up my mouth because my muscles were so relaxed. This has to be the greatest sounding system I've heard. And what is that Kevin? Is that a 100W amp powering those subs?
The orion 250g is rated 100w @ 4 Ohms, but were running it at 1 Ohm. Do some research on this amp and you will figure out how many watts rms we are pushing to the subs.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:34 PM

Yes, i know i know, Dave just loved tellin everyone that it is a 100W amp.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:03 PM

Not bad, but you just ate up over 65% of that trunk space. Not good. I think the box is overkill for those subs, what cu.ft. are you running per side on that sub? Seems damn near close to almost 1.5-1.75 cu.ft per side. And the amps on the floor with no plexi or nothing to protect them? I take it you dont care to use the trunk at all, not even if that means putting a bag or anything in there?

Why not have put the subs in the spare tire well since you were at it? I mean your setup now shows absolutely no way to use that well anyways. I'll hand you this, the job looks very clean, nice and cleam, did you do it or someone else?

Just suggestions, no flames, but opinions.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:23 PM

Kevin
nice install, that looks clean
Old 03-13-2003, 04:55 AM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Not bad, but you just ate up over 65% of that trunk space. Not good. I think the box is overkill for those subs, what cu.ft. are you running per side on that sub? Seems damn near close to almost 1.5-1.75 cu.ft per side. And the amps on the floor with no plexi or nothing to protect them? I take it you dont care to use the trunk at all, not even if that means putting a bag or anything in there?

Why not have put the subs in the spare tire well since you were at it? I mean your setup now shows absolutely no way to use that well anyways. I'll hand you this, the job looks very clean, nice and cleam, did you do it or someone else?

Just suggestions, no flames, but opinions.
That is a ported box, so it is a little bigger than most you see. It is perfect size for those subs. If you ever heard of the golden ratio for a sub and box that is what were at. Like I said before we weren't 100% done with it, when done the amps will be protected. Me and 2 of my friends did the install on everything. We were thinking of doing the spare tire well, but we have no experience with fiberglass, it is something we are working on though. As soon as we learn how to do it the subs will go into the tire well.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:33 AM

The sub box is 3.23 cu ft ported box tuned to 35.2hz. The orion amp is set to 35 hz with a 6db setting on Intelli Q. The gains for both amps are set to 60 on the orion and 75 on the autotek. As far as mounting the subs in the tire well, getting to the "golden ratio" is far more difficult in a space that can't be measured. I am within .002cu ft of perfect on this box. During the "ecursion test" on a demo cd, we are able to maintain over 93dbs below the 25hz line. Shortly we will be putting a top mount over the amps to give it that tucked look. A piece of plexiglass will then go over the amps and the trunk can be utilized.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:40 AM

Originally posted by hrygeek
The sub box is 3.23 cu ft ported box tuned to 35.2hz. The orion amp is set to 35 hz with a 6db setting on Intelli Q. The gains for both amps are set to 60 on the orion and 75 on the autotek. As far as mounting the subs in the tire well, getting to the "golden ratio" is far more difficult in a space that can't be measured. I am within .002cu ft of perfect on this box. During the "ecursion test" on a demo cd, we are able to maintain over 93dbs below the 25hz line. Shortly we will be putting a top mount over the amps to give it that tucked look. A piece of plexiglass will then go over the amps and the trunk can be utilized.
THX D
Old 03-13-2003, 07:46 AM

Originally posted by PHATMAN5050

As far as how many watts.... the orion is a high current amp. We just asked a former orion tech the other day and even he didn't know. I have seen bench tests at 1ohm of over 1100 w rms on the 250g4. It's rated at.....www.orioncaraudio.com. The amp is stable at .5ohm stereo. In the current set up I would be surprised if we are not above the 140db mark. We will let you know. We have a guy with a meter that goes to 136. Soon, very soon.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:03 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

yeah, Orions are arc-welders.. I used to run one of those HCCA amps at 1ohm. I sold it to a friend who ran it a .5 and it was brutal.. until one day we were all standing there and it caught on fire. He was using a breaker setup which is alot slower than a fuse (yeah, he was using a breaker rated 1/2 of what the fuse would be rated for). Regardless, it did pop, but not before the Orion was already critical. Just burned some carpet and really smelled bad..
Old 03-13-2003, 10:14 AM

Originally posted by TimW
yeah, Orions are arc-welders.. I used to run one of those HCCA amps at 1ohm. I sold it to a friend who ran it a .5 and it was brutal.. until one day we were all standing there and it caught on fire. He was using a breaker setup which is alot slower than a fuse (yeah, he was using a breaker rated 1/2 of what the fuse would be rated for). Regardless, it did pop, but not before the Orion was already critical. Just burned some carpet and really smelled bad..

We're actually fused 3 times. 1st is at the battery (100amp fuse for both amps), 2nd is at the DC block, and 3rd is the amp itself. The problems with Orions are that they are POWER hungry. The more constant voltage you feed it, the more power it will put out. (1 275g4 requires at least 2 batts and a HO alt.) We've ran the thing all day and the amp gets pretty warm. Soon though we well be adding a second battery and should cure most of it. On ebay they had a 275g4 running 5 XTRPRO 12's and the amp still had enough power to blow 12's.