5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Evo5 Club, new member...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 01:27 PM

Evo5 Club, new member...

Finally put on my new wheels! Haven't installed the struts and springs yet(getting it done tomorrow), but I don't think it looks bad without the drop. More pics to come!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/lity2k2se
Old 03-12-2003, 01:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Im going to be the first one to say it, yes it looks good, but these wheels are more than just played out now, MAJORLY played out.

Everyone is putting on these wheels, after seeing Kloogy's car, everyone jumps on it like bandwagon hoppers.

Dixit
Old 03-12-2003, 01:57 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Re: Evo5 Club, new member...

Originally posted by MaximaDisciple
Finally put on my new wheels! Haven't installed the struts and springs yet(getting it done tomorrow), but I don't think it looks bad without the drop. More pics to come!

they look real nice. like you said it doesnt look that bad without the drop but im sure it will look even nicer with it.
Banned

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Im going to be the first one to say it, yes it looks good, but these wheels are more than just played out now, MAJORLY played out.

Everyone is putting on these wheels, after seeing Kloogy's car, everyone jumps on it like bandwagon hoppers.

Dixit
They may be played out, but IMHO, those are the best rims I've seen for the Max.

It looks fine w/out the drop, but will look better with it.

Gotta give cwally credit for this one...I got mine when I saw his car...before kloogy.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:58 PM

Dixit
Yes, I admit that its not original, but they look damn good. No offense, but I couldn't put wheels on my car that look like yours.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:08 PM

Vito1281: That is your Opinion, like I said they do look good. Rims are a very picky area, some like Spreewell rims, some hate them, its all about taste, if I say I hate them and you like them, than that is all that matters, the hell with what I gotta say.

MaximaDisciple: Hahaha, Mine were expensive, VERY expensive wheels. But I noticed this Evo5 wheels dropped in price bigtime from 1yr ago.

Dixit
Old 03-12-2003, 02:12 PM
Banned

Vito1281: That is your Opinion, like I said they do look good. Rims are a very picky area, some like Spreewell rims, some hate them, its all about taste, if I say I hate them and you like them, than that is all that matters, the hell with what I gotta say.

MaximaDisciple: Hahaha, Mine were expensive, VERY expensive wheels. But I noticed this Evo5 wheels dropped in price bigtime from 1yr ago.

Dixit
Right. I wasn't trying to say my opinion is better than yours. I was just saying that I still think they are the best looking rims for the Maxima, that's all!
Old 03-12-2003, 02:17 PM

Dixit
Yes, and platinum teeth are very expensive, but doesn't mean they look good. Sorry, don't want to start a fight, just had to come with that one. I've got a nice ride and very original, I'm just a copycat I guess.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:19 PM

Yes, and platinum teeth are very expensive, but doesn't mean they look good. Sorry, don't want to start a fight, just had to come with that one. I've got a nice ride and very original, I'm just a copycat I guess.
Sorry, that should read...."You've got a nice ride and very original, I'm just a copycat I guess."
Old 03-12-2003, 03:21 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

when is kloogy selling his wheels? i think the EVOs are like stock wheels on Maximas . Sorry guys, its a nice wheel, but so PLAYED. and, there are many, MANY nice rims for the max out there besides these...

As for bigdogs wheels, i dont feel them either, but you know what, to each his own and if you like what you got, thats all that matters!

Old 03-12-2003, 03:24 PM

Originally posted by 92 SE-R 02 SE

but you know what, to each his own and if you like what you got, thats all that matters!
Exactly
Old 03-12-2003, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by max34
Gotta give cwally credit for this one...I got mine when I saw his car...before kloogy.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:51 PM

Damn, I bought the exact same wheels and tires weeks ago - I've been waiting for the weather to clear before I put them on. I like your taste, MD

Played out or not, the Evos look damn good on the Max. If I had an unlimited budget, I'd get something no one else had, but a mortgage and kids dictate otherwise. Of course, if I had an unlimited budget, I wouldn't be driving a Max, either. I've looked at nearly every wheel in the Evos price range, and nothing looks as good as they do on a Max.

As far as the critics go - I'll make sure I don't post any pics when I get mine done - Evo's are so played out, no one wants to look at 'em anymore
Old 03-12-2003, 05:17 PM

Re: Re: Evo5 Club, new member...

Originally posted by MoCoMax

Damn, I bought the exact same wheels and tires weeks ago - I've been waiting for the weather to clear before I put them on. I like your taste, MD

Played out or not, the Evos look damn good on the Max. If I had an unlimited budget, I'd get something no one else had, but a mortgage and kids dictate otherwise. Of course, if I had an unlimited budget, I wouldn't be driving a Max, either. I've looked at nearly every wheel in the Evos price range, and nothing looks as good as they do on a Max.

As far as the critics go - I'll make sure I don't post any pics when I get mine done - Evo's are so played out, no one wants to look at 'em anymore
Good choice. You'll definitely be happy with them. I've gotten a ton of complements and stares and I've only had them on for two days.

Believe me, I was considering a lot of other wheels, but for the price and looks you can't beat the Evos.

Sounds like there's some haters on the board, but like someone else posted...to each his own.
Old 03-12-2003, 05:33 PM

hey, I got a set 2 months ago and still waiting to put them on. It took me 2 months to decide which wheels I wanted to go with, finally I made a decision. Anyway, do you hear something? ah.... maybe it's just me!
Old 03-12-2003, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by jimz02max
hey, I got a set 2 months ago and still waiting to put them on. It took me 2 months to decide which wheels I wanted to go with, finally I made a decision. Anyway, do you hear something? ah.... maybe it's just me!
Nice. Alright, I'll start a poll...

Who here has Mille Miglia Evo5s?
Old 03-12-2003, 06:33 PM

Dixit
Kloogy might be the pioneer, but He has a great taste!!! I think Evo's are the best rims i have seen on any max...
Old 03-12-2003, 07:57 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Personally, I think it's BS how everyone has jumped on my wheels. But, hey whatever. I am not PC so if you dont like what I think too bad ! Cwally is my friend, and he had his in 18's and I was the first 5th gen to get them in 19's. They were a lot more back then, now they are basically Swapmeet wheels. Now I just need to step up to a higher level wheel, which not many of you can afford, like BigDogs Momo's... If it wasnt for my divorce, I would be rolin on sokme Lowenharts right now.. .. Keep drinkin that Haterade !
Old 03-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

How many 5th gen Maximas in the entire United States have the Evo 5s now? In the scope of things, not too many.

They are popular for a reason- they look great. I'm tempted to get them myself. Nice work!
Old 03-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Banned

Originally posted by kloogy
Personally, I think it's BS how everyone has jumped on my wheels. But, hey whatever. I am not PC so if you dont like what I think too bad ! Cwally is my friend, and he had his in 18's and I was the first 5th gen to get them in 19's. They were a lot more back then, now they are basically Swapmeet wheels. Now I just need to step up to a higher level wheel, which not many of you can afford, like BigDogs Momo's... If it wasnt for my divorce, I would be rolin on sokme Lowenharts right now.. .. Keep drinkin that Haterade !
I hope you're not serious bro!
Old 03-12-2003, 08:09 PM

Originally posted by vito1281

I hope you're not serious bro!
Believe me, he serious
Old 03-12-2003, 08:09 PM

Swapmeet wheels

Can you say 'bitter'???

Get over it, dude. I love your car, but you really need to lighten up on the wheels. "My wheels are more expensive than your wheels, so I'm cooler than you" geezus, how old are you?
Old 03-12-2003, 08:16 PM

Swapmeet wheels

Can you say 'bitter'???

Get over it, dude. I love your car, but you really need to lighten up on the wheels. "My wheels are more expensive than your wheels, so I'm cooler than you" geezus, how old are you?
He old enough.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Banned

Believe me, he serious
That's sad then. Just cause a bunch of people have rims that he originally got, doesn't mean he has to be a punk about it. I'm sure someone had them on a Max before he had them, so what now?

Kloogy, take it easy man. You should be proud that people are buying the same rims as you. You set a trend!
Old 03-12-2003, 08:42 PM

its all about the Konigs
Old 03-12-2003, 08:44 PM

i got the Evo 5's for about 8 months now. I saw them on kloggy's car and just fell in love with them. There is nothing wrong with getting these rims even if alot of people get them. You stick with what works and looks good, there's nothing wroing with that.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:08 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Originally posted by Ronatron
its all about the Konigs
Old 03-12-2003, 09:12 PM

Old 03-12-2003, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by vito1281

They may be played out, but IMHO, those are the best rims I've seen for the Max.

It looks fine w/out the drop, but will look better with it.
Yeah they are nice, but I have seen better..........
Old 03-12-2003, 10:09 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

To all the Biters ! I have the Bronx cheer for you !
Old 03-12-2003, 10:23 PM

I think it looks tight, but i dont know about the hood reflector...
Old 03-13-2003, 07:39 AM

MD - How much did these rims cost you?
Old 03-13-2003, 08:02 AM

Everbody on the ORG to one degree or another has copied somebody's idea before whether it be intake, e-brake handle, dash kit, or rims. Personally I think the EVO5's should have been stock on the maxima because they enhance the car that much. Take it as compliment if somebody likes your idea as long as they give you proper credit. In about a month I will have a metal plate to prevent the tabs on my HID's and a way to replace the yellow lens in 02/03 tail lights and I know once people see it other members will copy it too. I'm not going to get mad unless they try to take credit for something I did. Kloogy and Bigdog, you guys are some of the most helpful and respected members on this website, don't damage your image. Some members look up to.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by 02'maxed-out
I think it looks tight, but i dont know about the hood reflector...
Hey, at least Kloogy and BigDog can't blame me for bitin' on that and with the weak-a$$ paint job on the Max I got to protect it somehow.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:07 AM

Re: Re: Evo5 Club, new member...

Originally posted by jsangha

MD - How much did these rims cost you?
Swapmeet price was $240 a piece!
Old 03-13-2003, 09:25 AM

Re: Re: Re: Evo5 Club, new member...

Swapmeet price was $240 a piece!

Hell, TireRack is cheaper
Old 03-13-2003, 09:27 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Evo5 Club, new member...

Hell, TireRack is cheaper

That's where I bought them! You got them cheaper?!
Old 03-13-2003, 09:56 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Evo5 Club, new member...

That's where I bought them! You got them cheaper?!

Yea, I only paid $239!
Old 03-13-2003, 10:06 AM

My wheels are 1 of the best that look phat on a maxima. If i would have known about the Evo's, i would have gotten them. Nice style

Quick Reply: Evo5 Club, new member...