5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

PLEASE HELP!!! Maxspeed or H&R or Eibach

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 01:34 AM
I35

PLEASE HELP!!! Maxspeed or H&R or Eibach

I can't decide on which one to get. I want a nice ride and to me Eibach seems bit stiff. Debating between H&R and Maxspeed. H&R seems to an uneven drop, correct me if I am wrong. I need help, I need to know fast so I can purchase them. Uneven drop is something that I do not want.

Also, Addco RSB does it help on lowered cars or is it effective only on stock.

I know this is a newbie question, but please understand me
If possible can some people send me some pic and their opinion..

THanks
Old 03-16-2003, 04:49 AM

RSB does help on lowered cars, but it's less dramatic than without being lowered. It's still good.

H&R and Maxpeeds give the same drop. Maxpeeds were meant to be a ripoff designer perfume to the H&R's. They smell the same and look the same. H&R has tons of experience in springs.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:50 AM
Jer

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Maxspeed or H&R or Eibach

Which Eibachs did you take out for the ride? The pro kit is great... no stiffer than the others, and I love it So do all its other users

Originally posted by I35
I can't decide on which one to get. I want a nice ride and to me Eibach seems bit stiff. Debating between H&R and Maxspeed. H&R seems to an uneven drop, correct me if I am wrong. I need help, I need to know fast so I can purchase them. Uneven drop is something that I do not want.

Also, Addco RSB does it help on lowered cars or is it effective only on stock.

I know this is a newbie question, but please understand me
If possible can some people send me some pic and their opinion..

THanks
Old 03-16-2003, 11:35 AM

Sorry, I forgot to mention. The stock wheel gap is uneven. The H&R's dropped equally on my car. The gap in the back is less than the front, but it doesn't look bad at all and no one has ever commented on it. To be honest, with the H&R's or Maxspeeds, the car appears like it should have from the factory. It has the same wheel gap as a BMW 330. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe BMW's come with Eibachs.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:47 AM

i love the firm ride with eibach springs, but if you want the ride quality go for H&R
Old 03-16-2003, 12:00 PM

Re: Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Maxspeed or H&R or Eibach

Originally posted by Jer
Which Eibachs did you take out for the ride? The pro kit is great... no stiffer than the others, and I love it So do all its other users

Exactly. As a matter of fact, the Pro-Kit is known for the smoother ride over the H&R's. Of course, with the lower drop, you'd have to expect a lesser ride quality. I, however, don't know about the Maxspeed's.
Old 03-16-2003, 02:33 PM
I35

Thank you guys for all your comments, I think I am convinced thanks to virus. I am going to go for H&R.

Thanks Virus.

RSB what is all these talk about oversteer and understeer??/
Is it really worth it on lowered cars?
Old 03-16-2003, 02:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by I35
Thank you guys for all your comments, I think I am convinced thanks to virus. I am going to go for H&R.

Thanks Virus.

I driven my car which has a stock setup and then driven the same thing with springs and a rsb. Totally diff ride. The turn in with a rsb is amazing! It felt like a totally diff car with the spring and the rsb. With goin say 60 on a shoulder my car will start to tilt to one side, with lowered car I was goin 80 on the same shoulder be4 I realized any tilt and that was minor. I say get both, u wont regret it.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by I35

Thanks Virus.

I don't think there is any doubt about it that the Eibachs will handle slightly better than any other spring, but they are a tad stiffer. I wish I knew someone who had them so I could take a ride. My friends BMW had Eibachs and so did his Jetta and both were a little too stiff for me. Definately, without a doubt get the RSB. Most of us got in on the Addco deals for around $110. a member a while back tested both the addco and the stillen and preferred the addco's setup better. He noticed no difference in the handling of either, even in high speed cornering. The RSB is the only $100 mod that you will notice a 100% difference with your car!