5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I've decided...I'm buying a MAX 03 SE 6spd!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 02:59 PM
kmv
Newbie - Just Registered

I've decided...I'm buying a MAX 03 SE 6spd!

I heard about this site sometime in December of 2002 and started to visit on a regular basis. I was planning on selling my 93 Honda Civic sometime in the spring...well the civic is sold!

I actually posted a thread a couple of weeks ago as I was debating between the Max vs the BMW 320i(available here in Canada). Well...thanks to maxima.org, I've decided to go with the 2003 SE 6sp!!! I am getting a great price on it and unlike the U.S., the SE 6sp is easily available up here in the Toronto area.

My questions:
1. When taking delivery of the car, what do I need to inspect, ask the sales rep etc...?

2. Aside from additional mods, what do you recommend that I purchase immediately for my new Max ie. wheel locks, bug deflector. winter mats etc...?

3. I think that I am going with the leather package; however, what do you guys/gals know about the "sport cloth" seats that come with the SE? The leather package here includes a sunroof as well...something I don't really need, but will take if I get the leather.

Thanks,

KMV
Old 03-25-2003, 03:08 PM
It's chrome alright...

Re: I've decided...I'm buying a MAX 03 SE 6spd!

Originally posted by kmv
I heard about this site sometime in December of 2002 and started to visit on a regular basis. I was planning on selling my 93 Honda Civic sometime in the spring...well the civic is sold!

I actually posted a thread a couple of weeks ago as I was debating between the Max vs the BMW 320i(available here in Canada). Well...thanks to maxima.org, I've decided to go with the 2003 SE 6sp!!! I am getting a great price on it and unlike the U.S., the SE 6sp is easily available up here in the Toronto area.

My questions:
1. When taking delivery of the car, what do I need to inspect, ask the sales rep etc...?

2. Aside from additional mods, what do you recommend that I purchase immediately for my new Max ie. wheel locks, bug deflector. winter mats etc...?

3. I think that I am going with the leather package; however, what do you guys/gals know about the "sport cloth" seats that come with the SE? The leather package here includes a sunroof as well...something I don't really need, but will take if I get the leather.

Thanks,

KMV
congrats. You're going to like it.

get the leather and heated seats. I've had cloth and leather and really like the leather.

get 3M (or whomever) clear bra immediately. Other than that you can take your time and read about which mods are right for you.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: I've decided...I'm buying a MAX 03 SE 6spd!

Originally posted by kmv

My questions:

Thanks,

KMV
1. The sales person should have a checklist that you will go over. I wouldn't worry about detailed inspection, that's what warranties are for.

2. Winter mats are probably a must for Canda. Wheel locks aren't that important for stock nissan wheels.

3. No comment. Personally I don't like leather because my skinny **** slides around in the bucket seats.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:13 PM

go with the bra for real

i picked up my 03 se 6spd in Toronto back in OCT and man i'm so ashamed of my hood, it is sickness. I either need a paint job or a new hood it's that nasty.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Clear bra the entire front end.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Congratulations on your upcoming new purchase!!

I would definitely think about getting a bra or some sort of deflector for your hood. I have only had my 2k3 for 3 weeks now and I have a serious chip on my hood. I have been contemplating what to do about it myself!

As for the Sunroof and Leather... I would say go for it! I am a huge fan of sunroofs and with the beautiful summers you have in Toronto I would think you would want it too! The leather is great in the max's...better quality than most cars!
Old 03-25-2003, 06:02 PM

things to do

I would definitely get a list of the TSB's and make sure they are all done prior to pickup.

My dealer did not have a list so I made my own, sorry I didn't keep it around. Make a thorough list, especially if you have leather. After getting my car I found a slight scratch in the leather that I'm shocked I did not catch during the inspection. In reviewing my list I realized thta I wasn't that thorough around the seat rest in the back.

Check all the obvious things like lights, spare tire, wheel aur gaps, etc. See if your car has the fuel filler guard (do a search and you will find stuff about it). Check the speakers, bring a CDR and test it. I didn't get NAV so you'll have to figure that one out for yourself. But you might want to consider making sure the NAV data is up to date.

I bought wheel locks immediately. If you live in a high theft area you might want to consider the HID deterent system from Nissan (you might also want to consider a garage or better alarm).

Last, I've been extremely happy with my 02 6 speed. Good luck with yours.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

On the 3M clear bra thing. Just ask the dealer about it, they should just slap it on. Im getting that when I get mine as well, if nissan wont take care of this paint chip crap then ill jsut have to make sure it wont happen. U cant even tell the stuff is there, looks like some kind of seran wrap
Old 03-25-2003, 07:57 PM

My girl cousin just bought a brand spanking new 2003 SE auto. The stock stereo in it in nothing compared to my 2000 though