5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Lease payments??

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 02:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Lease payments??

Hey guys,
I currently drive a 2000 GTP (hence the name) and I am looking at getting a 2003 Maxima SE. The only option I have to have is a sunroof, but I'd like the Titanium Edition Package as well. Anyway, is anyone here leasing their Max? I just want to know what you're paying if so. I already know all the pros and cons of leasing and I'm not looking for a lecture here, just payments. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:42 PM
Donating Member

Re: Lease payments??

'02 6 Spd with Sunroof, deflector, mud guards, floor mats at $295 a month...12k/yr with about $4k down.

Saves me about $105 a month. Anyone have any experience if the buyout at the end of a lease is negotiable????? A friend of a friend supposedly ****ered his buyout down but I'm not convinced.

I figure after three years I can buy it out with a home equity and write off the interest.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:00 PM

fellas, gotta consider where you live cause you need to figure what your sales tax is going to be?? payment will vary cause you have to consider trade, lease terms, cash up front and you "have to" come up with you 1st months payment, sales tax and doc fee's at delivery...you cannot ask what type of payments to expect...tooo many variables to consider.....12k/yr, 15k/yr????? how much total upfront at delivery??? what county do you live in to figure out your sales tax??? owe money on your trade???? i could keep going but you get the idea...........................
Old 03-26-2003, 08:28 PM

2002 se, auto $346.00 m. w/ 2000.00 down. I was also upside down a little on my other car. You can not regotiate buy out rates, it is a signed contract w/ the lending company. You have agreed to the terms!
Old 03-26-2003, 10:06 PM

How long are your terms? 36-60 months?
Old 03-27-2003, 04:21 AM
Donating Member

As long as you quote the purchase price, how much you put down, how many miles you are allotted and the length of term there's nothing else to consider in lease payments...ASSUMING "how much you put down" includes any trade-in value, security deposit, taxes, etc.

Agreed you need A LOT MORE info to consider if Lease is a better deal than purchase, but he specifically said not to preach the virtues of buying vs. leasing, just how much are your lease payments.

I apologize since I forgot to add my term was 36 months. $4000 was total out of pocket cash. No trade.

Thanks for the info on the buy-out...I didn't think you could negotiate.
Old 03-27-2003, 04:24 AM

You can't negotiate the buyout price with Nissan at the end. If the car's value is below what they guaranteed at the lease inception, just walk from the car. That is the main advantage of leasing. Tax savings is another huge advantage, but this varies by state. By putting 20% down you will get the best rates possible. Most leases now start a 15k a year and run from 2-5 years. You can negotiate the mileage limits and terms up front. I would personally go with a 2 or 3 year lease, otherwise the bigger maintenance bills start coming into play as well.
Old 03-27-2003, 04:34 AM

I know you can negotiate your buyout at the end of the lease, at least with most major banks. I offered the bank just over wholesale cost at the end of lease on my Jimmy and they took it. It saved them the trouble of going to auction with it, and I saved about $3000 from what the contract said. I haven't had any experience with Nissan financing.

I leased my 2k2 with everything for $360 with $2k down for 60 mos. with 15K/yr. It was a while ago, when they weren't so heavily discounted. I am sure you can do better now.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:49 AM
Donating Member

Originally posted by iwannabmw
By putting 20% down you will get the best rates possible. Most leases now start a 15k a year and run from 2-5 years.
Are you saying they offer different interest rates based on how much you put down? I figured you were paying the same interest no matter how much you put down, a small down payment just cost more per month....
Old 03-27-2003, 05:52 AM
Donating Member

Originally posted by 2002Maxxxima
I know you can negotiate your buyout at the end of the lease, at least with most major banks. I offered the bank just over wholesale cost at the end of lease on my Jimmy and they took it. It saved them the trouble of going to auction with it, and I saved about $3000 from what the contract said. I haven't had any experience with Nissan financing.
How did you initiate this? I think the NMAC paperwork says you can get a buyout amount at anytime, but I doubt they'll negotiate before the term is up. I would love to sit through the 36 months and then go back and say I'll give you $2000 less than the original buyout and see what they say. Like you said, if street value is lower they should take it.