5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Decisions Decisions... HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2000, 06:36 PM
TommyBoiSxty9

Dealer said the most they could give me for my 94 TBird was $3300... haha I owe 6800... damn it. They did say what nice shape it was in lol the old guy thought it was repainted I was like no its the original paint. Anyhow, if I can sell the POS in a week or two I am going to get a max...
I went to a bigger dealer and talked to a younger nice sales man. I liked him. He said that they can pretty much get me what i want cuz they have a lot of pull...
I'm thinking Icelandic Pearl. Period. BUT out in the sun I saw the actually wait.. it was Merlot... is there any difference between MERLOT & Y2K Mahogany Pearl? Or was it just remained... if the Merlot is the same as Mahogany, that was GORGEOUS in the sunlight... I would describe it as Metallic Garnet or Ruby... so now I am really stuck between the two colors... and then I went back over and looked a Icelandic Pearl and I think that's the most gorgeous pearl white I've seen... because its a bright white with pearl... whereas lexus & Lincolns & Mazda's, etc... have an off white color to their pearl cars... and I think with dark tint the white would look really nice but so could the Mahogany... with the mahogany though, I'm thinking if I get those spiderwebbing type fine scratches you'll see that much easier on that color than the white.... BTW how do you avoid that? It seems like even some brand new cars I see are already scratched like that and I think it looks horrid...
so anyhow everyone give me your opinion and be the tie breaker as to what color to get.

I am deciding whether or not to splurge and get an SE with bose... which would add Comf. & Conv. package... no leather ... that would raise the MSRP 2k and the lease about 50bucks... but the guy told me he could still do under three so I'm thinking they can bargain.
~TommyBoi

Old 09-13-2000, 07:01 PM
Got Bent?

I never really liked the red or mahogany color on cars, so I would say go for white if those are your only two choices. The icelandic pearl is nice and will not show swirl marks like a mahogany color would. If you use the right type of stuff to wash and wax your car, you will not get those scratches. As for the SE, I say go for it. But, if you are going to upgrade the sound system afterwards, the bose may not be much use to you. So, if you can get the price you want, an SE with comfort & convenience would be the way to go. Hope you are able to sell the T-Bird.
Old 09-13-2000, 08:16 PM
TommyBoiSxty9

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
I never really liked the red or mahogany color on cars, so I would say go for white if those are your only two choices. The icelandic pearl is nice and will not show swirl marks like a mahogany color would. If you use the right type of stuff to wash and wax your car, you will not get those scratches. As for the SE, I say go for it. But, if you are going to upgrade the sound system afterwards, the bose may not be much use to you. So, if you can get the price you want, an SE with comfort & convenience would be the way to go. Hope you are able to sell the T-Bird.
Iwouldn't want to upgrade the BOSE that would be more than adequate for me... or do y'all think I should skip the bose & comfort and convienence package and just add the Infinity Bass Link Powered sub to the trunk?