5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Car not even safe at work........

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 01:31 PM

Car not even safe at work........

I was at a meeting today and heard my name called over the intercom. I leave the meeting quietly and call down to the front desk and the receptionist asks me if my license plate is ____? and at this point my heart hit my stomach...someone smashed into the a$$ end of my Max!!! Not for nothing but my parking lot is very secure so you might think nothing will happen to your car.....OH NO! It seems that one of the BIG PEOPLE here was not paying attention reading somthing while driving mind you and coasted into my car.......so they say. There is no way this person "coasted" into my car the paint is scraped off the whole back of my bumper, and there is a nice crease/dent in it too. Need less to say I am very ****ed right now, and am still in shock since it only happened about a hour ago.

I really dont know how I should handle it right now. I dont want any bad vibes with a higher person in my company, and I am trying to keep my cool, but I really dont know what to do right now, and I really think I should not go with my gut instinct to mouth off.

Any suggestions???
Old 05-06-2003, 01:35 PM

Just go ask for the guys insurance info. If he says no, fight him with the law (legally he can't fire you for that). If he's a stand up guy, there should not be a problem.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:36 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

is there a security camera in this secure parking lot? Ask for a copy for your insurance company
Old 05-06-2003, 01:36 PM

My gut instinct to mouth off is never right. In fact, rarely is it beneficial.

If one of the "big people" there wasn't paying attention, I'm sure you will get the best response if you act as professional as possible. Make them feel stupid that way.

Just my $.02.

And if that doesn't work, when in doubt, duke it out.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by 2002 Maxima SE
Just go ask for the guys insurance info. If he says no, fight him with the law (legally he can't fire you for that). If he's a stand up guy, there should not be a problem.
Its a chick who hit me and she says there is no damage to my car... becasue there is none to hers....???
Old 05-06-2003, 01:39 PM

Originally posted by maximadave
is there a security camera in this secure parking lot? Ask for a copy for your insurance company
yes there are cameras and I have to wait till the end of the day before they caan review them, so I have to wait another half hour when the night cameras go on
Old 05-06-2003, 01:39 PM

Originally posted by 2002SassyMax
Its a chick who hit me and she says there is no damage to my car... becasue there is none to hers....???

In that case, take pictures and call the cops to take a report. Notify your insurance company promptly.

That's just bogus...
Old 05-06-2003, 01:41 PM
It's chrome alright...

it should be easy to convince her there's damage... just show her!

BTW, from the sounds of it, it this HER car???

Old 05-06-2003, 01:41 PM

Originally posted by badabing

In that case, take pictures and call the cops to take a report. Notify your insurance company promptly.

That's just bogus...
Do this or just dump her in a lake ...
Old 05-06-2003, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by badabing

That's just bogus...
I am acutally waiting for my boyfriend to get here with my digital camera, and as soon as he gets here I am going to call the cops.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:43 PM

I agree with badabing. She is not being a stand-up person at all. You may want to get pics of her car before she leaves for the day (run get a disposable camera if there aren't any available to you). Then get the pics from the security camera. Call the cops and have them meet you at the security desk TODAY. If you wait, it will only take longer to get everything moving.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:44 PM

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
it should be easy to convince her there's damage... just show her!

BTW, from the sounds of it, it this HER car???

Yeah this is definately her car I see her driving it all the time, and ther is only a little scratch with Majestic Blue Paint in it. I wanted her to come outside but she says she is "too busy"
Old 05-06-2003, 01:45 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

put sugar in her gas tank
Old 05-06-2003, 01:48 PM

Yeah this is definately her car I see her driving it all the time, and ther is only a little scratch with Majestic Blue Paint in it. I wanted her to come outside but she says she is "too busy"

Getting the cops out there to take a report might "clear her schedule" somewhat. And it's free.

Not sure where you live but some places need police reports to make an insurance claim anyway.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:50 PM
It's chrome alright...

edited the link... is that her car? (above)
Old 05-06-2003, 03:01 PM

c'mon it's after 5pm. What happened? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:13 PM

Originally posted by 2002 Maxima SE
c'mon it's after 5pm. What happened? Inquiring minds want to know.
Ok Well this is what happened. I just got home. Took pics of my car and hers. Luckily she saw me and my boyfriend doing this and decided to come out. I didnt call the cops, because she told me to have it looked at and get her an estimate. Her attitude totally changed when she saw me whip out my cell phone to call the cops......Ill keep you posted

I still think she's a B***H!!!!
Old 05-06-2003, 03:55 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Ok Well this is what happened. I just got home. Took pics of my car and hers. Luckily she saw me and my boyfriend doing this and decided to come out. I didnt call the cops, because she told me to have it looked at and get her an estimate. Her attitude totally changed when she saw me whip out my cell phone to call the cops......Ill keep you posted

I think you're right...

Some people have no respect for others personal property...such a$$holes!
Old 05-06-2003, 04:22 PM

Call the police and file a report anyway. It'll only be worse later if she decides to act up again when you present the bill. My sister went through a similar incident several years ago and it finally took small claims court to resolve the issue. What a PITA that was...

Good Luck!
Old 05-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

Cat fight!!!! hehehe

If things get really bad and you want revenge the old potato up the tailpipe always works...
Old 05-06-2003, 08:16 PM

Re: Car not even safe at work........

Some ******* opened his door to his truck and put a nice little dnt in my door. I'm getting it fixed this summer. He was cought by the camera at work ( ). He was like "Da... I didn't do it. I don't know" The scrapes lined up and so did the tape. $ 300 for the dent to be fixed.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ANY time you ever experience an accident... even if it is the smallest of "bumps" and nothing seems wrong, call the cops and get a report made in writing. This protects you not only for collateral damage, but also for any medical claims that may try to surface.

In your case, you should have called the police, had them show up, and write up a report. The way you've handled it is probably the closest thing next possible... at least you have her attention and she said to get an estimate. However, it is now your word against hers... you can get an estimate and present it to her, and she can say go fly a kite. Then what will you do? You'll have to get a lawyer and get your insurace company involved...

see how much a small report can help you? Besides, the cops could see that you were parked and not driving the car and see the subsequent damage on her car.

-R
Old 05-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 255HP_03_SE
ANY time you ever experience an accident... even if it is the smallest of "bumps" and nothing seems wrong, call the cops and get a report made in writing. This protects you not only for collateral damage, but also for any medical claims that may try to surface.

In your case, you should have called the police, had them show up, and write up a report. The way you've handled it is probably the closest thing next possible... at least you have her attention and she said to get an estimate. However, it is now your word against hers... you can get an estimate and present it to her, and she can say go fly a kite. Then what will you do? You'll have to get a lawyer and get your insurace company involved...

see how much a small report can help you? Besides, the cops could see that you were parked and not driving the car and see the subsequent damage on her car.

-R
happen to my brother one time.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

edited the link... is that her car? (above)
that was a joke, sir!
seems like it could be your car for that matter....
Old 05-07-2003, 04:44 AM

Now you have a 50-50 chance she will do you good; with a police report you have a 100% chance. Always call the cops and file a report. It will save you a lot of grief later. Just my two cents.

Pedro
Old 05-07-2003, 08:23 AM

You guys are all forgetting that the culprit is a higher up person in her company. So she shouldn't try to get on her bad side. I say you're on the right path. Since the culprit decided to take care of it with an estimate, try to go that route. That way you are still being professional. If shi* hits the fan and she refuses later, then you flip the script as well and call the cops the moment she says she doesn't want to pay. As long as you have pictures of both your car and hers.
Also, the culprit is probably trying to avoid and insurance premium increase by getting them involved; i for one would try to, but i'd honor my promise.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by foodmanry
Cat fight!!!! hehehe

If things get really bad and you want revenge the old potato up the tailpipe always works...
Hers or the cars? Either one would work I guess
Old 05-07-2003, 09:53 AM

The fact that the other person is high up in her company has no bearing what so ever on this situation. You always call the cops. Not calling the cops is very naive and short-sighted.
At the very least you had better get a copy of that videotape otherwise you have nothing on this person and you screwed yourself.

Obviously the girl who hit you is not a "good" person if they won't look at your car due to a wreck they caused while being negligent. If this goes South at all, I would report it to her manager so they are aware of the kind of people they have working for them. This is unaceptable behavior and is borderline criminal activity (fleeing the scene of an accident is a felony offense in North Carolina).
Old 05-07-2003, 10:19 AM
It's chrome alright...

this is a little short-sighted and 'perfect-worldish'. It does ave a bearing on the situation. You're saying if your boss's boss hit your car you would immediately call the cops? That may be a serious career limiting move.

And getting her mananger involved to show "the kind of people they have working for them" would be viewed as petty and vindictive in the corporate world and would reflect worse on her than the woman who hit her.
Originally posted by FASST LN
The fact that the other person is high up in her company has no bearing what so ever on this situation. You always call the cops. Not calling the cops is very naive and short-sighted.
At the very least you had better get a copy of that videotape otherwise you have nothing on this person and you screwed yourself.

Obviously the girl who hit you is not a "good" person if they won't look at your car due to a wreck they caused while being negligent. If this goes South at all, I would report it to her manager so they are aware of the kind of people they have working for them. This is unaceptable behavior and is borderline criminal activity (fleeing the scene of an accident is a felony offense in North Carolina).
Old 05-07-2003, 10:41 AM

You're saying if your boss's boss hit your car you would immediately call the cops? That may be a serious career limiting move.

If calling the cops to report an accident would be considered a career threatening move.....um.....lawsuit!

I think any head of any company would seek justice to those damaged in this act. That's why I say, let the cops sort it out. I don't think a police report would be easy to refute.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:29 PM

Well I have the tape and have the dated pics from my digital camera. I am going to the auto body today and get it looked at (I had to wait for an appointment).

By the way the girl called me today and apologized and wanted to know whether or not I thought the damage might be higher than her $500 deductible, and she gave me a copy of her insurance policy card with the name and number on it if that was going to be the case.

I guess we will see what happens???

The Saga Continues.............
Old 05-07-2003, 01:51 PM

I wouldnt call the cops, I would do the estimate. And if later on she decides that shes not gonna pay. When no ones around I break her back window and Kick her quarter panel real hard to put a nice dent.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:17 PM

Don't listen to MaXBoost... sheesh, man... talk about bringing down bad karma...

the fact that she is a 'higher up' doesn't matter. If my boss's boss hit my car in the same situation, I would get the estimate and hope for the best. If things go south, you get your insurance and attorney involved (and a follow-up police report)... if they were to fire you, you get another attorney and look forward to a great lawsuit that will result in the company's embarrassment and you receiving a great severance.

-R
Old 05-07-2003, 10:37 PM

then you buy a second max, get a nasty hummer type grille on it, and casually, but not recklessly, coast in her side...