5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Vegas prices?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 04:20 AM

Vegas prices?

Hi all! Awesome board! Nice to see that most everyone on here is about helping out instead of ridiculing and flaming newbies. I'm moving to Las Vegas in June and I am planning on buying a new 2003 Maxima SE, leather and titanium edition.. What should I expect to pay with the 2004 being out and all, I am paying cash if that helps. I read in a thread a while back that a dealer in Jersey was sending them out the door for around 23k. Oh by the way, I am currently in Sweden so I don't have anything to compare with really, so I appreciate ANY help I can get.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:48 AM
Faster than a speeding bullet...

Re: Vegas prices?

Go to Edmunds.com and try their new car price guessimates. They are pretty close to what you will really be paying.

I live in Vegas too, but I already had my Maxima before I moved there. However, I did buy an '02 Sentra SE-R last year in Vegas and got a decent deal.

In that city, there are great car deals all the time. If you are middle-class and above, having cars tends to be all about owning the newest and best you can afford. I've never seen so many new and nice cars driving around a city as I've seen in Vegas. Not so many ricer cars, but lots of luxury cars, big SUVs and trucks, sports cars, and even exotic cars.

If you stay away from 'The Strip' and can handle the heat for about 4 out of the 12 months, Vegas offers fantastic bargains in housing, utility costs, food costs, gas prices, etc.. They just have a lower cost of living there. And with the good weather there almost all the time, it's like a paradise. I'm pro-Vegas as you can tell. It's Vegas, baby!

Peace.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Good luck finding that car. I just picked up a SE cloth auto at Desert Nissan (W Sahara). You have to work real hard to get the price you want. They are offering 1.9 for 60 months!
Old 05-11-2003, 10:57 AM

Thanks for your help guys. Mind if I ask what you paid for your SE? Although I'm looking for leather at least it'll give me a ballpark figure.
Old 05-11-2003, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by mille_3
Thanks for your help guys. Mind if I ask what you paid for your SE? Although I'm looking for leather at least it'll give me a ballpark figure.
Mine was 27k msrp and got it for 23???. The 2k rebate was forfeited
for the 1.9% If you take the rebate you should be 21-22K
Old 05-11-2003, 02:50 PM

Originally posted by Maximam

Mine was 27k msrp and got it for 23???. The 2k rebate was forfeited
for the 1.9% If you take the rebate you should be 21-22K
Looks like I'll be getting the 2k rebate since I'm paying cash for it. Better to pay cash for the car then to blow it at the strip
Old 05-11-2003, 02:59 PM

Originally posted by mille_3

Looks like I'll be getting the 2k rebate since I'm paying cash for it. Better to pay cash for the car then to blow it at the strip
At 1.9% you would pay $1079 over the next 5 years in interest. Do you think the 22k you have could make you more than that invested somewhere else? 1.9% is almost free money and allows you to put your own money somewhere else to work for you.

OK enough of my financial advise.

The only cars with leather at Desert were GLEs so you may have to visit United or the Valley auto mall.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:56 PM

you are allowed to use the 1.9% WITH the 2k rebate!!!

if any dealer tells you otherwise, they are checking to see if you are a sucker (no offense to the person that fell for it)

check out edmunds.com- you should pay about 3k below invoice (and use the 1.9% for 60 mos). but i truly doubt there will be any more 03's on the lot in June!? the sales manager will be fired if they keep inventory for over 3 months. they want them gone within the first 30 days.

look at edmunds.com 'buying tips' section. "confessions of a car salesman" is a good start. look over several other articles also!

carbuyingtips.com is also a must read!

good luck
Old 05-12-2003, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by MaxAppeal
you are allowed to use the 1.9% WITH the 2k rebate!!!

if any dealer tells you otherwise, they are checking to see if you are a sucker (no offense to the person that fell for it)

good luck
There was no "rebate" offered in Las Vegas. $2000 "Marketing Support" was offered from Nissan to the dealership, and is up to the dealership to give it up or not. The rebate is entitled to the buyer.

23k out the door with 1.9% was a good deal for me.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:26 PM

That $2K goes to any buyer that asks for it. Most dealers will not tell you about it. But if you knew of it, they would in most cases hand it over to you. Some dealers may give you a song and dance that it goes to the dealer only, cannot be combined with 1.9%, etc,etc ALL LIES!!!

What do you think 'marketing support' is... a REBATE. yes, you did get a good deal, but you were entitled to the $2K in addition to the 1.9%.

Enjoy your Maxima!
Old 05-12-2003, 08:17 PM

Marketing Support is a global term that describes manufacturer to dealer programs specifically designed to assist dealers in marketing their vehicles. The most common program is in the form of cash credit to the dealers, who may or may not choose to pass some part of this money on to their customers.
Cash Rebates are provided by the manufacturer directly to the customer at the point of sale to adjust downward the net price of the vehicle. Consumers usually elect to credit the cash rebates as a down payment against the new vehicle's purchase price.

edmunds.com

BTW anyone get a 2k3 SE Maxima for 21k out the door with 1.9%?
Old 05-12-2003, 09:20 PM

relax cuz... i'll let it go cause you can't get over that the 2k3 Max should be at most $2k below invoice. plus you are still eligible for the 1.9%

remember, you said ...

"The 2k rebate was forfeited for the 1.9%" <--- YOUR WORDS!!!

you called it rebate!!! plus, you were incorrect: you do not forfeit the rebate by getting the 1.9%

let this die, and go enjoy your Max. Just do not go around discouraging others to take advantage of both.

By the way, how did you deal with the dealership? Were you a 'walk-in' and dealt with a salesman on the floor? Or did you email, speak, or fax the Internet/Fleet manager first, and set a price on the vehicle before you went? The ladder, in most cases, will basically assure you that the 2K would be offered up front along with the 1.9%. This is the ONLY way to buy cars!!!

Again, let this die- we've beaten it to death. let it rest.
And Sincerely, enjoy your Maxima. SE is a great choice!
Old 05-13-2003, 02:00 AM

Originally posted by MaxAppeal
Or did you email, speak, or fax the Internet/Fleet manager first, and set a price on the vehicle before you went? The ladder, in most cases, will basically assure you that the 2K would be offered up front along with the 1.9%. This is the ONLY way to buy cars!!!

[/B]
I contacted the internet fleetmanager via e-mail and got a quote for a 2003 SE with titanium, leather and auto. I'd rather have a 6sp though. The quote I was given was $25492+ttl...... Is it legal to smoke dope while at work in NV?? I'll let you know how it goes with the final price.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:31 AM

according to edmunds.com

http://edmunds.com/new/2003/nissan/m.../options.html?

the 03 SE auto w/leather, titanium, sunroof, floor mats & trunk mat has an invoice of $27,119 including destination.

if you give him a call, and speak to him to show you are serious, he should give you a full $2K off invoice. But first try $3K below invoice.

Paying cash only hurts your deal. They make money on loans.

Do This: Get financed through them make 2-3 payments, then pay off the loan. Does'nt matter if you qualify or not for the 1.9, since you will be paying the loan off almost immediately. difference is negligable.

I give you this advice not only because it will help slightly in negotiations, but this will boost your fico score big time!!! your fico determines the rate in your mortgage and future loans.

this is where you will save many thousands $$$ during your life. I have done this myself and for my entire family. another tip: if you want to boost a family member's (sibling) fico also, just apply for the loan together. get the car in both names. then when you pay it off take the other person's name off the title. very simple procedure. and your family member will kiss your feet for this boost in their fico. this is how the rich do it.

if anyone wants to contradict this, as i know many uninformed people like to do, i have been buying and selling real estate for 5 years. i was a realtor and i financed real estate for severval years.

these few paragraphs are GEMS. hope you use them. having great credit will make life much easier. lower % on your loans means you qualify for a nicer home, car, etc while making the same payment!