5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Stillen Rear Valence Molded (Pics...)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 03:31 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Stillen Rear Valence Molded (Pics...)

finally was able to get the rear bumper back. i had it taken off and a shop was having it molded on and then painted it grey lustre....i absolutely love it...damn, molding really is a lot better than just gluing it on.

Old 05-14-2003, 03:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That looks awesome! I like that look much better.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:08 PM

I honestly do not see that much of a difference. I thought they were going to sand the rear bumper and stillen lip down so that it would look flush and you wouldn't see any lines at all. I see lines. ummmmmmm
Can this be done or am i just talking nonsense?..lol
Old 05-14-2003, 04:12 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by rob van dam
I honestly do not see that much of a difference. I thought they were going to sand the rear bumper and stillen lip down so that it would look flush and you wouldn't see any lines at all. I see lines. ummmmmmm
that was also suggested,but i realized it may end up looking bad cause it would make the bumper look TOO big, and we also wanna follow the line below with the side skirts. as he was putting it on, he said with tape and glue, he saw too many shadow lines, and it wouldn't last long. at least like this, it looks like one whole unit.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:35 PM

usually thats how it's done...they make it look flush so it doesn't look like seperate parts....the way our rear bumper is....it mike look alittle weird if u do it that way....but thats how i want to do mine...
Old 05-14-2003, 05:35 PM

I was thinking the same thing when I saw molded. It looks the same to me, but maybe in person it looks different. The main thing is that you're happy with it.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:45 PM

nice. i have been thinking abou getting one for my car after i get a new bumper(corner got pushed in). will this fit on a 2k3? also can mudguards be used with it?
Old 05-14-2003, 06:07 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by hockeyboy82
nice. i have been thinking abou getting one for my car after i get a new bumper(corner got pushed in). will this fit on a 2k3? also can mudguards be used with it?
2k-2k3 rear bumpers were the same. nothing changed about them, so yes, they do fit. it's the front bumper that changed from the 2k-2k1 and the 2k2-2k3. side skirts as well fit all 4 years.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by PoLo

2k-2k3 rear bumpers were the same. nothing changed about them, so yes, they do fit. it's the front bumper that changed from the 2k-2k1 and the 2k2-2k3. side skirts as well fit all 4 years.

ok thanks alot.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:34 PM

i like that man really looks good i can see a difference by the way if you don't mind me asking how much did they charge you for it?
Old 05-14-2003, 06:55 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by MaximaSe2002
i like that man really looks good i can see a difference by the way if you don't mind me asking how much did they charge you for it?
it was a whole package thing...i had my remote start fender bender awhile back (dented my bumper and put a hole where the license plate bracket was. so i had him fix that up, then strip both bumpers down, mold the rear pieces, then paint and clear both bumpers....$450.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:04 PM
2-Wheelin it...

it was a whole package thing...i had my remote start fender bender awhile back (dented my bumper and put a hole where the license plate bracket was. so i had him fix that up, then strip both bumpers down, mold the rear pieces, then paint and clear both bumpers....$450.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:10 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Old 05-14-2003, 07:54 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Old 05-14-2003, 09:09 PM
3.0HO

I agree. No difference other than the install. I would use a poly adhesive....never use that tape other than to help in places.

Old 05-14-2003, 09:39 PM

Nice,But why didn't you put the side-skirts on that you had???
Old 05-15-2003, 12:01 AM

hmmm am i correct in assuming you ONLY had the rear put on?

I was considering this as well as the 2k2 side skirts and front bumper come down much lower than the 2k's. I was thinking it might make the whole car look a lot lower and more complete. Can we get a side shot for comparison?

BTW how much did it cost?
Old 05-15-2003, 05:14 AM
NT2SHBBY

so Polo what do u plan to do with the sides and front of the car? the car's gonna look kinda funny with just the rear on it.....and even if you do rear and sides, the front's gonna look bare....

Old 05-15-2003, 05:42 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
so Polo what do u plan to do with the sides and front of the car? the car's gonna look kinda funny with just the rear on it.....and even if you do rear and sides, the front's gonna look bare....
patience is a virtue. slowly, things'll get done. saturday i mount the side skirts. the front, i'll just have to live like that until they come out with something acceptable. it'll start looking cleaner once i drop it and take the 2k SE wheels off.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:56 AM

can we get a picture with just the rear to see what it looks like?

I hate all the fronts they have out right now :P
Old 05-15-2003, 06:05 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by Chinkzilla

some people have requested full shots of the car with just the rear....i plan on doing that when i get home tonite. i'm at work right now. seeing as i might get dark quick and i still haven't gotten the mounting adhesive for the side skirts, they won't get mounted till saturday...or maybe tomorow.

and yes, i don't want to get a front because they're all disgusting. i won't settle with that. i'm gonna wait.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:53 AM

Originally posted by PoLo

some people have requested full shots of the car with just the rear....i plan on doing that when i get home tonite. i'm at work right now. seeing as i might get dark quick and i still haven't gotten the mounting adhesive for the side skirts, they won't get mounted till saturday...or maybe tomorow.

and yes, i don't want to get a front because they're all disgusting. i won't settle with that. i'm gonna wait.
I plan on doing your setup as well, but for now, try a bra on the front. I got mine ar www.carbras.com. It fits great, no need to take it off when it rains, and was only $89 bones. It is a better fit than any others I have had. Lebras- froget it. It will make the front look not so bare, and no stone chips! 2 years and no chips!
Old 05-15-2003, 10:52 AM

Originally posted by Chinkzilla

Didn't emax installed front Stillen piece and it looked good.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:18 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by Dany

Didn't emax installed front Stillen piece and it looked good.
yes...he did....he said it did fit but it looked weird. may look good in pictures, but you don't know how it may look up close. i personally have something else planned, but i wont' say anything unless it's actually gonna happen. we'll see.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:26 AM
lcf

PoLo, the molded rear valence looks good! Since I have the rear valence as well I could immediately tell the difference from seeing your pics. While the difference may not be drastic to some, it's drastic enough for me. I'd like to get my kit molded... eventually.