5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

washing your max.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 10:56 AM

washing your max.

I use meguirs gold class shampoo and conditioner to wash my car. For waxing i use zymol cleaner-wax about 1 every 2 months great shine and leaves the surface show room smooth. In between zymol waxes I use turtel wax hardshell spray wax works great, smooth,shiny, and gives alot of protection. and very easy to put on wipe on wipe off. For the tires I use eagle 1 tire shine, the best on the market will make the oldest dullest tires shine and stay shining.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:59 AM
BiggD23

Wow, this is a fantastic post.

Old 06-03-2003, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by BiggD23
Wow, this is a fantastic post.

HAHAHHA!
Old 06-03-2003, 11:11 AM

there's a sticky at the top of the forum with like 300 posts.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:37 AM

Hey Reggie,

This world is full of a$$holes and this forum got more than its fair share! Let a guy boast about how he was almost able to keep up with an M3 and everyone thinks he's cool... "yea, good kill"! How often have you blown past someone's BMW, Mustang GT or Acura TL "Kill" post? Those are the ridiculous posts. But let a guy share his particular methods of caring for his car and he is flamed by a bunch of know-it-all wise men who think they know everything there is to know about a Maxima and every other automobile. Maybe some of us would like to hear about some of the other members’ favorite products and their personal experience with them. What do you think? I appreciate his post. Shut the F--- up BiggD23! What's the 23 stand for? 23 years ignorant?
Old 06-03-2003, 11:45 AM
NT2SHBBY

Originally posted by Todds_max
Hey Reggie,

This world is full of a$$holes and this forum got more than its fair share! Let a guy boast about how he was almost able to keep up with an M3 and everyone thinks he's cool... "yea, good kill"! How often have you blown past someone's BMW, Mustang GT or Acura TL "Kill" post? Those are the ridiculous posts. But let a guy share his particular methods of caring for his car and he is flamed by a bunch of know-it-all wise men who think they know everything there is to know about a Maxima and every other automobile. Maybe some of us would like to hear about some of the other members’ favorite products and their personal experience with them. What do you think? I appreciate his post. Shut the F--- up BiggD23! What's the 23 stand for? 23 years ignorant?
spoken like a true

Old 06-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

This is all too funny...
Old 06-03-2003, 11:58 AM

let the flames, I mean games, begin....
Old 06-03-2003, 11:59 AM

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY

spoken like a true
Old 06-03-2003, 12:21 PM
BiggD23

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY

spoken like a true
Word, try actually reading the Forum before you open your mouth Todds_max. If you did, you might notice that there is a sticky thread at the top...THE FIRST ONE I MIGHT ADD...for this type of stuff. That thread..the one actually dealing with cleaning...is currently 18 pages long and everything he said was already said in there. Nice try though.

Old 06-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

Play nice....

everyone was a noob at one time....
Old 06-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Banned

I agree with Todds_Max. What's everyone's problem here lately (more like past few months)? I remember when I first joined, there was more tolerance, but now, every other person is criticizing someone else for a post (didn't search, repeat topic, newbie question, etc etc). So what if it's been discussed already? So what if there's an 18 page long post above? Let the man share his experience, damn!

If everyone had to post something that hasn't been mentioned yet, there would be no new posts, so give the guy a break, and if you don't deem his post worthy, just ignore it. If it creates too much server load, let the mods take care of it--it's their job.

Remember: you're not obligated to reply to every post!
Old 06-03-2003, 12:28 PM

Re: Play nice....

Originally posted by Bluesbrekr
everyone was a noob at one time....
Some people take all of this a bit too seriously...
Old 06-03-2003, 12:34 PM
BiggD23

First of all, I'm not the one who turned this thread to negative, TODD is. And what exactly is the point of a CLEANING YOUR MAX sticky thread if not to hold all of the posts about cleaning your max?

Shut the F--- up BiggD23! What's the 23 stand for? 23 years ignorant?
Boy, so your name is Todd and you have a wit like that? Some guys get all the luck!

"And I'm gettin' really sick of guys named Todd. You know? It's just a goofy, it's just a goofy fukin' name, okay? Hi what's your name? TODD. I'm TODD. And this is Blake and Blair and Blane and Brent. Where are all these goofy fukin' boys names coming from? Taylor, Tyler, Jordan, Flynn. These are NOT REAL NAMES. Wanna hear a real name? Eddie. What ever happened to Eddie? He was here a minute ago. Joey and Jackie and Johnny and Phil. Bobby and Tommy and Danny and Bill. What happened? TODD. And Cody and Dylan and Cameron and TUCKER. Hi Tucker, I'm Todd. HI TODD, I'M TUCKER! *** Tucker, Tucker sucks. And *** Tucker's friend KYLE. You know? Yeah. There's another soft name for a boy. KYLE. Soft names make soft people. I bet you anything that ten times out of ten, Nicky, Vinny and Tony will beat the **** out of Todd, Kyle and TUCKER." - George Carlin

Old 06-03-2003, 12:46 PM

you go... hotdog! Hammer that keyboard.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:14 PM

Originally posted by BiggD23
First of all, I'm not the one who turned this thread to negative, TODD is. And what exactly is the point of a CLEANING YOUR MAX sticky thread if not to hold all of the posts about cleaning your max?

Boy, so your name is Todd and you have a wit like that? Some guys get all the luck!

"And I'm gettin' really sick of guys named Todd. You know? It's just a goofy, it's just a goofy fukin' name, okay? Hi what's your name? TODD. I'm TODD. And this is Blake and Blair and Blane and Brent. Where are all these goofy fukin' boys names coming from? Taylor, Tyler, Jordan, Flynn. These are NOT REAL NAMES. Wanna hear a real name? Eddie. What ever happened to Eddie? He was here a minute ago. Joey and Jackie and Johnny and Phil. Bobby and Tommy and Danny and Bill. What happened? TODD. And Cody and Dylan and Cameron and TUCKER. Hi Tucker, I'm Todd. HI TODD, I'M TUCKER! *** Tucker, Tucker sucks. And *** Tucker's friend KYLE. You know? Yeah. There's another soft name for a boy. KYLE. Soft names make soft people. I bet you anything that ten times out of ten, Nicky, Vinny and Tony will beat the **** out of Todd, Kyle and TUCKER." - George Carlin
Old 06-03-2003, 01:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

STFU now!

~limsandy
Old 06-03-2003, 02:03 PM
BiggD23

you go... hotdog! Hammer that keyboard.
It was copied and pasted from a George Carlin quote site genius.

Old 06-03-2003, 02:38 PM

Re: washing your max.

Originally posted by reggie
I use meguirs gold class shampoo and conditioner to wash my car. For waxing i use zymol cleaner-wax about 1 every 2 months great shine and leaves the surface show room smooth. In between zymol waxes I use turtel wax hardshell spray wax works great, smooth,shiny, and gives alot of protection. and very easy to put on wipe on wipe off. For the tires I use eagle 1 tire shine, the best on the market will make the oldest dullest tires shine and stay shining.
Two Words... AIR DRY... God white paint is so easy to maintain. Spray, wash then start the car, go for a fast spin around the block and voila done. 80 miles and hour and good sun does wonders.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:10 PM
OG and counting...

Re: washing your max.

Originally posted by reggie
reggie, don't listen to what everyone else says. If something works for you, stick with it! It's nice to see a thread where someone is taking pride in caring for their Max and that's what it's really all about.

But since we are on a topic I am all too familiar with, let me give you a rundown of a wash & wax on my '02.

a) Start by removing the mats and vacuuming the seats, carpet, and package shelf.
b) Clean the glass with Stoner's Invisible Glass and a Microfiber Towel
c) Treat my dash with either 303 Protectant or Lexol Vinylex
d) Fill up 2 buckets (one with water and Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo, the other with clear water)
e) Spray Eimann fabrik Hi-intensity to clean tires and wheels. Scrub tires and wash out wheels and wheel wells. Use older wash mitt to clean the lower panels. Rinse.
f) Wash rest of vehicle.
g) Dry with California Water Blade followed by a Chamois.
h) Polish using Klasse All In One
i) Either I will top it with Klasse Sealant Glaze or either one of the waxes in my collection (Pinnacle Souveran or S100)
j) Treat tires with either item I use for my dash
k) Spray baby powder scent inside car.

End Result:

Bear in mind, this does not include other steps I might decide to do like claying (wheels, body, and glass) , bug and tar removal, polishing plastic, applying glaze to rims, etc.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:17 PM

YEA!!! Klasse is the shhh_it!!!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 03:37 PM
Horra!!

Everyone is now dumber for having read this post. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your souls.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by looslip
Everyone is now dumber for having read this post. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your souls.
AhAhA Watching others bicker is entertaining.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:52 PM

so i was chillin on the can mindin' my own business when all of a sudden....wham! i'll still can't sit....

oh...sorry i thought this was a forum...

STICKIES!!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 06:08 PM

U ****'s need a LIFE!!

How often do u guys visit the .org?

I would say anymore than once a month and u probably need to do something more productive with your life.

This thread is a perfect example of when NON-NEWBIES do everything
from eating, ****tin ... to screwing whilst surfing the .org. They see so much repeat traffic that a thread on car washing immediately causes them to flame.

Rule should be unless a member is posting a new thread, he/she (or actually just he... these horndog ****'s GangB any girl that decides to venture into the forums) should not be allowed to post for atleast a week since the last post.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:21 PM

Wanna hear a real name? Eddie. What ever happened to Eddie? He was here a minute ago.
i'm right here.

sup.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:27 AM

Re: U ****'s need a LIFE!!

Originally posted by cdnmaxima
How often do u guys visit the .org?

I would say anymore than once a month and u probably need to do something more productive with your life.

This thread is a perfect example of when NON-NEWBIES do everything
from eating, ****tin ... to screwing whilst surfing the .org. They see so much repeat traffic that a thread on car washing immediately causes them to flame.

Rule should be unless a member is posting a new thread, he/she (or actually just he... these horndog ****'s GangB any girl that decides to venture into the forums) should not be allowed to post for atleast a week since the last post.

my eyelids are taped open and my eyes are glued to the monitor...I'm here 24/7 waiting for flame threads
Old 06-04-2003, 10:33 AM

The point isn't whether someone is a or not, it is whether or not they checked the stickies and/or did a search on the topic BEFORE they post.

You weren't being 'picked on' because you were NEW to the Org, you were being pointed out by a 'more experienced' member that you should check the stickies (which STICK OUT at the top of the forum) first BEFORE posting.

Todds_max took it WAY out of proportion and became personal and insulting... calling people a$$holes and downing 'experienced' members. I'll tell you something, Todds_max, it doesn't matter whether it's a noob or not, the ones who usually list posts of "I killed this BMW" are either (1) surprised at the performance of the car and want to share their glee, or (2) young and ignorant drivers.

Ones who come on and flame others right away and become insulting are either (1) noobs who don't have a clue, or (2) losers who never grow up.

Which one are YOU?

Next time you tell a member to "shut the F--- up" just for pointing out the OBVIOUS (i.e., stickies, etc.), maybe you should take your own advice.

We don't want to hear your insults.

-R
Old 06-04-2003, 11:43 AM

R,

So it’s o.k. to insult a newbie when, in HIS glee, he posts regarding his car care techniques. So what if he didn’t follow all the rules of the forum. You know it was an innocent mistake. BiggD23 was not simply pointing out the OBVIOUS, he was rude, negative, and demeaning. Then another member felt it necessary to backup BiggD23’s disciplinary action. Put yourself in Reggie’s shoes, how would you feel if you thought you were contributing something worthwhile to a group of guys and you received those responses? I certainly didn’t see anyone correcting PrinzII when he politely responded with his car care post. You wouldn’t dare.

My point is that the guy felt good about a care technique he used and posted, albeit in the wrong thread. Why not a response with “Hey man, good to have you here in the forum, but please check out the sticky notes at the top of the forum and post your care-specific items there. Check out the general forum rules for more info.” But instead he got a sarcastic response with the rolling eyes. I was simply playing defense for my newbie brethren.

The reason it ****ed me off and I responded so rudely is that I see that kind of unjustified response from the ‘experienced’ members so often. Just what are you so ‘experienced’ at? I have owned many automobiles in my 37 years and I am a midrange programmer by trade. That would seem to make me relatively ‘experienced’ in regard to the topics at hand here. Do you label yourself ‘experienced’ based on ‘Donating Maxima.org Member’ status or is it the number of posts you have made in the forum? What is it exactly the makes one ‘experienced’? Whether you choose to accept it or not, many of this forums ‘experienced’ members DO view the ‘Newbie’ classification as an open door for criticism of the smallest infractions.

Those types of rude comments will not teach me, Reggie, or any other newbie to follow the forum rules. We will simply stop participating and let the few that seem to post continually account for the majority of posts. When I need a little info, I’ll just scan or search, hopefully run across something of use and leave, never participating, or donating for that matter. Does that type of membership make for a good forum? You should be making newbies feel welcome, not smacking them for stupid little things.

Sure, I was very insulting, I owe Maxima.org an apology. But I stand by my message that BiggD23 was out of line by pinning on his forum police badge and so rudely correcting another member. Then I pinned on my badge, again wrong. None of us, regardless of our profile status or level of experience have the right to be sarcastic and demeaning, self included.

If all that makes Todd a soft person, so be it GC!

This thread has definitely occupied too much of my time… signing off.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:46 AM
Banned

R,

So it’s o.k. to insult a newbie when, in HIS glee, he posts regarding his car care techniques. So what if he didn’t follow all the rules of the forum. You know it was an innocent mistake. BiggD23 was not simply pointing out the OBVIOUS, he was rude, negative, and demeaning. Then another member felt it necessary to backup BiggD23’s disciplinary action. Put yourself in Reggie’s shoes, how would you feel if you thought you were contributing something worthwhile to a group of guys and you received those responses? I certainly didn’t see anyone correcting PrinzII when he politely responded with his car care post. You wouldn’t dare.

My point is that the guy felt good about a care technique he used and posted, albeit in the wrong thread. Why not a response with “Hey man, good to have you here in the forum, but please check out the sticky notes at the top of the forum and post your care-specific items there. Check out the general forum rules for more info.” But instead he got a sarcastic response with the rolling eyes. I was simply playing defense for my newbie brethren.

The reason it ****ed me off and I responded so rudely is that I see that kind of unjustified response from the ‘experienced’ members so often. Just what are you so ‘experienced’ at? I have owned many automobiles in my 37 years and I am a midrange programmer by trade. That would seem to make me relatively ‘experienced’ in regard to the topics at hand here. Do you label yourself ‘experienced’ based on ‘Donating Maxima.org Member’ status or is it the number of posts you have made in the forum? What is it exactly the makes one ‘experienced’? Whether you choose to accept it or not, many of this forums ‘experienced’ members DO view the ‘Newbie’ classification as an open door for criticism of the smallest infractions.

Those types of rude comments will not teach me, Reggie, or any other newbie to follow the forum rules. We will simply stop participating and let the few that seem to post continually account for the majority of posts. When I need a little info, I’ll just scan or search, hopefully run across something of use and leave, never participating, or donating for that matter. Does that type of membership make for a good forum? You should be making newbies feel welcome, not smacking them for stupid little things.

Sure, I was very insulting, I owe Maxima.org an apology. But I stand by my message that BiggD23 was out of line by pinning on his forum police badge and so rudely correcting another member. Then I pinned on my badge, again wrong. None of us, regardless of our profile status or level of experience have the right to be sarcastic and demeaning, self included.

If all that makes Todd a soft person, so be it GC!

This thread has definitely occupied too much of my time… signing off.
Very well said.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:54 AM

BiggD was wrong in his approach, yes, but he was at least still respectful (at least, I didn't see him turning to personal insults). Yeah, he could have said it nicer and more 'pleasing' to you. My point was he didn't deserve the outright insult that you handed out. Two wrongs don't make a right... Lord knows, I've had my share of posts.

I don't think you really can define "experienced" in a sense of the word. No, having "Donating Maxima.org Member" as a status doesn't automatically qualify me as an 'experienced' member or 'expert' in a topic. Nor does being older qualify you immediately as "experienced" or even "mature". I've seen 19yr old engineering whizes and I've seen 38 year old immature d*ckh*ads. The point is, we ALL should be more courteous (myself included).

I'll be the first to admit that I feel somewhat 'qualified' due to experience in ownership (like yourself), mechanical experience (growing up with a mechanic and learning how to rebuild this, resurface that, repack this, and fix that), or other experience (16+ years in the military, 19 countries visited, speaking three languages, etc.). The thing is, I lose all of my credibility the moment I am rude, insulting, or personal with someone... so my whole beef is, keep it 'professional' and 'respectful'.

So... with that, welcome to the Org,

-R

p.s. that really is a 'joke' to hopefully lighten the air!
Old 06-04-2003, 03:40 PM

...I am not taking sides, but some of the old school guys are a little hard on the newbs. Most of those new guys, regardless of their age or experience level with cars, get ragged on at least once or twice for innocent mistakes...

Maybe down the road it makes them smarter posters, but it still stings a little when all the guy was trying to do was gain some comraderie in a forum about a car he loves.

Peace...
Old 06-04-2003, 03:49 PM

Thanks Matt.
I'm getting verklemped.
Whose up for a group hug?
Old 06-04-2003, 03:53 PM
BiggD23

Originally posted by Matthew
...I am not taking sides, but some of the old school guys are a little hard on the newbs. Most of those new guys, regardless of their age or experience level with cars, get ragged on at least once or twice for innocent mistakes...

Maybe down the road it makes them smarter posters, but it still stings a little when all the guy was trying to do was gain some comraderie in a forum about a car he loves.

Peace...

Absolutely, I agree. My original post was completely tongue-in-cheek although it wasn't perceived by some that way (and looking back I can see why). What can I say...I'm a sarcastic SOB in real life. But then Todds_max had to go on a flame rant and make it personal. No harm done though, it's all in good fun right?

That being said, I'm done with this thread. Everyone just let it go and let's get back to sunshine, kittens, hugs and flowers.

Old 06-04-2003, 05:43 PM

YAWN
Old 06-04-2003, 06:00 PM
OG and counting...

Now can we get back to the original topic?
Old 06-04-2003, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by PrinzII
Now can we get back to the original topic?
Hello???...Reggie????....are you still breathing???....

IMO Meguiar's makes some fine "consumer" products...(steps 1,2,etc) as well as some of their other products (tire gel, leather condtioner, etc)...

Reggie???....hel-llloooo??...you still with us....

See what you started Reg....

BiggD23, I think you scared him off....
Old 06-04-2003, 10:34 PM

Zaino rules!

Meguiars, get in line

Zymol? second best.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:41 PM

Ugh, Zymol sucks. No durability at all. IMHO I would use the Klasse twins, and top them with Meguiars #26.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:44 PM

#1 - Zaino

#2 - Klasse
#3 - Meguiars
#4 - Zymol

anything else... crap

Quick Reply: washing your max.