5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Frustrated with my sig. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 04:50 PM
Horra!!

Frustrated with my sig. Please help

How do I get this stupid red X to turn into a picture of my Maxima on maxima.cardomain.com?
Here is the link I put in my sig on the profiles page
http://maxima.cardomain.com/member_p...949_1_full.jpg

Please help meeeeeeee
Old 06-23-2003, 05:13 PM
Sanduguero

you have to put the code first which is [....img...] then you have to end it with of course the your link will go in between this code hope this helps [/.....img....] dont put the dots when you are doing it, i put them in there so the X thing dont happen to me when i post this...
Old 06-23-2003, 05:29 PM

same here... step by step instructions please for us slow people.. thanks
Old 06-23-2003, 05:55 PM

What was the name of the original image before uploading to Cardomain? Were there any funky characters like "&" or "!" or a space? That "%" means you've got something in there that you shouldn't. If so remove it then upload the pic again. Your sig should look something like the following (without the "*"):

[*IMG]http://maxima.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?image=member_img_a/373000_full.jpg[/IMG*]
Old 06-23-2003, 08:59 PM

how do you add a pic to your sig? I'm comp illeterate.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:08 PM

Originally posted by mclee45
how do you add a pic to your sig? I'm comp illeterate.
1) Have a properly sized image. If it came off your digital camera and you haven't resized it... it's too big. Resizing images is a whole other lesson.

2) Find a server to host your image. I have my own server. Most ISP's give you free web space with your Internet access. You'll have to get in touch with them a/b size & data transfer restrictions as well as how to access the server.
a)If you want to use cardomain like we have been talking about then you'll need to register for your free website. Go to maxima.org, click on "Members", "Member Pages", then click on the "Join Now" graphic in the box on the left. Follow their instructions to register and upload pictures.

3) If you've made it this far then you should have a picture on the web somewhere. If you can see your picture on a website like cardomain then right-click the pic, click "Properties", then highlight and copy (right-click, "copy" or "ctrl-c") the address.

4) Go back to Maxima.org's forums. See that link on the top right that says "Profile"... click it. Now click "Edit Profile" on the bar at the top.

5) In the section titled "Signature" type whatever clever thing you would like to say.

6) Now in the same "Signature" box type the open image tag "[*img]" with out the "*". Now paste the address you copied in step 3 beside the image tag by pressing the "ctrl" button on your keyboard and the letter "v" at the same time. You should have something kinda like this:
[*img]http://yourservername.com/yourfolder/yourpic.jpg

Now close the tag by typing "[*/img]" less the "*" beside the image name for a finished product something like this:
[*img]http://yourservername.com/yourfolder/yourpic.jpg[*/img]

Again, I put the "*" in there so you could see the code... with out them it would actually try to put an image in here.

7) Click "submit modifications" and you're done

I hope I didn't leave too much out... it's nearly 1:00AM & I'm gettin punchy. Let me know if you need more details.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:26 AM
Sanduguero

Originally posted by Pir8 97

1) Have a properly sized image. If it came off your digital camera and you haven't resized it... it's too big. Resizing images is a whole other lesson.

2) Find a server to host your image. I have my own server. Most ISP's give you free web space with your Internet access. You'll have to get in touch with them a/b size & data transfer restrictions as well as how to access the server.
a)If you want to use cardomain like we have been talking about then you'll need to register for your free website. Go to maxima.org, click on "Members", "Member Pages", then click on the "Join Now" graphic in the box on the left. Follow their instructions to register and upload pictures.

3) If you've made it this far then you should have a picture on the web somewhere. If you can see your picture on a website like cardomain then right-click the pic, click "Properties", then highlight and copy (right-click, "copy" or "ctrl-c&quot the address.

4) Go back to Maxima.org's forums. See that link on the top right that says "Profile"... click it. Now click "Edit Profile" on the bar at the top.

5) In the section titled "Signature" type whatever clever thing you would like to say.

6) Now in the same "Signature" box type the open image tag "[*img]" with out the "*". Now paste the address you copied in step 3 beside the image tag by pressing the "ctrl" button on your keyboard and the letter "v" at the same time. You should have something kinda like this:
[*img]http://yourservername.com/yourfolder/yourpic.jpg

Now close the tag by typing "[*/img]" less the "*" beside the image name for a finished product something like this:
[*img]http://yourservername.com/yourfolder/yourpic.jpg[*/img]

Again, I put the "*" in there so you could see the code... with out them it would actually try to put an image in here.

7) Click "submit modifications" and you're done

I hope I didn't leave too much out... it's nearly 1:00AM & I'm gettin punchy. Let me know if you need more details.

i think is bull**** that we are taking our time to show this process to the owner of this post and he has not even said &#(#&( why post if you are not going to do it, "your post got ME fustruated" lol

if you cant get it after my post and the other posts you need to take your time and read the instructions which by the way this site do explain the process "just read"
Old 06-24-2003, 07:02 AM

Wow, I'm just too lazy to do mine. Someone willing to offer?
Old 06-24-2003, 07:09 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

All the information needed is in the VB code reference at the top of the page.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:09 AM
It's chrome alright...

paypal me $5 and I'll do it
Old 06-24-2003, 07:30 AM
Horra!!

Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna give it a try today. I was at the Giants game last night vs. LA. It was a great game. I'm pretty hoarse today to say the least....
Old 06-24-2003, 08:14 AM
Horra!!

Holy mother of **** it works!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:28 AM

thanks guys... I'll try it later on
Old 06-24-2003, 12:55 PM
Sanduguero

No try it NOW!!!
Old 06-26-2003, 10:34 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Alright, Not to sound too much like an idiot(i already am), i followed these directions and i am still getting the same red X. This is what i inputed into the sig. box. any help for the idiot?
Old 06-26-2003, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by Dipes2000SE
Alright, Not to sound too much like an idiot(i already am), i followed these directions and i am still getting the same red X. This is what i inputed into the sig. box. any help for the idiot?
[*img]http://maxima.cardomain.com/id/dipes2000se.jpg[*/img]
I really am an idiot. Its without the *'s ofcourse
Old 06-26-2003, 10:45 PM
Horra!!

Originally posted by Dipes2000SE

I really am an idiot. Its without the *'s ofcourse
The link that you have:
http://maxima.cardomain.com/id/dipes2000se.jpg
doesn't go anywhere...

You should open up your picture, right click on it and select properties. Copy the address or URL and bam you're set.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:31 AM

Thanks for the input looslip, it worked.