5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

How to deal with drivers on the road...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 10:03 PM

How to deal with drivers on the road...

[rant] I'm getting sick and tired of drivers f**king around with me when I'm trying to drive. I go for a little drive after work to cool down, because I was already a lil pi$$ed from the events of the day, and some moron in a Tahoe decides he's gonna drive 30 in a 35 and no one is gonna tell him $hit about it. I'm behind him for over 2 miles when I lose patience with his antics, and I get a lil closer to him, not riding his a$$ at all, but just a lil closer and he SLAMS on the breaks for a second. Being as I'm waiting for this, I easily slow down also, and then continue on my way. He then rolls down the window and flips me off. I can see him looking in his rear-view so I put my high beams on and drive for 5 seconds with them on, the whole time he is lightly applying the brakes so that he is at an ultimate speed of 15 in a 35. Does this moron not know that it is AGAINST THE LAW to slam on your breaks with a car behind you for no reason, it is provoking an accident, reckless driving, and if a cop saw it he can also be tested for DUI since that is not a normal driving procedure.[/rant]

This and many other stories, including a neighbor of mine driving her S430 attempted to purposely t-bone my car because God knows why...

I called the cops on the b!tch with the S430, but I left teh local law enforcement alone with the tahoe tonight. I changed from my rap music to techno, and then to oldies to try and chill me out. Its times like these I think they need a Zach lane on every street that only I can travel on, like the HOV lane...

Maybe I'll sell the max and buy a POS and just ram myself into cars when they mess around...hmm....
Old 06-23-2003, 10:11 PM

you should have passed him....that would **** him off even more, how a little car passed his big *** truck, if he went 15mph ,all you do is floor it, the car downshifts to 1st and you can pass his car in no time, when you floor it from 30mph the car pulls really good all the way to 50.

or either get an F-450 and just hit the dumb fu!k from behind...i absoutley know what you talking about and i HATE it too. i hate those slow *** drivers and i defintley honk,highbeam and drive close to their As$ to **** them off like they do to me.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:21 PM

Dude 2001SE, I love you man, someone who truly feels my pain. There were cars coming on the other side, so a pass wasn't really possible and would have been close, not to mention if he would have accelerated at all, I would have been stuck!
Old 06-23-2003, 10:26 PM

yeah, i guess i also found here someone that also knows what i am talking about. whenever i drive with my parents, they always tell me to stop driving close to him and they dont understand why i also talk to those drivers(mostly swears lol) which cant hear me.

for example
I drive maybe 50mph in a 35mph, its a one lane, and this bastard from this street just pulls in, he has time to get in, but then i need to drive behind his as$ slow, so i started swearing at him like the road is mine lol and my parents always dont understand. I tell them that he sees i am going fast, why the fu#k cant he wait just 3 more seconds to let me pass him so he can drive w/e he wants to but behind me
Old 06-23-2003, 10:29 PM
It's chrome alright...

Do you have a cell phone? I'd call the cops and give them his plate and let them know he's swerving all over the road and it probably drunk. Then back off and wait for him to get pulled over.

A-holes LOVE it when you do that!!! I've done it twice so far and laughed each time when I saw the blues in the mirror. One I got a little ballsy and gave him a toot as I drove by, but I figured that strengthened his "I'm not drunk" and "that a-hole behind me called to get me back" arguments, so I didn't the second time.

Try it sometime and try to engineer driving by just as he's pulled over so he knows it was you who did it to him.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:30 PM

Yeah, me too. I also make up little tunes about how dumb the other drivers are and making fun of their cars and whatnot. lol I have some patience in other things, but almost none when it comes to ignorance.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

2nd gear is your friend
Old 06-23-2003, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by MrGone
2nd gear is your friend
in manaul trannys
Old 06-23-2003, 10:55 PM
Eat Naaawwwzzzzz

ive always wanted to just ram the F*CK out of a dumb f*ck driver, or SLAM my brakes when they tail like ****, Some b!tch in a civic was litterally 6 inches away from me doing 70 on a freeway at 750 in moderate traffic.

Too bad I dont drive POS cars..
Old 06-23-2003, 11:22 PM
meh

OMG, I HATE that! The road I take to work is a typical 2-lane (one going each way) 55mph semi-country road. Not a bad road, but there's been a lot of new housing going on in that area so there are all kinds of suburbanites going in and out of that area now. I normally do 60-65mph on that road if traffic allows, and those ppl freaking LOVE to pull out in front of you if there's the smallest gap in between you and the car in front of you. It often happens when there's not a car for like, miles behind you either. And of course, it's like some RAV-4, or a loaded-down Deville, so they accelerate super-slow......that ****es me off so much......people are soo inconsiderate.

Originally posted by 2001SE
yeah, i guess i also found here someone that also knows what i am talking about. whenever i drive with my parents, they always tell me to stop driving close to him and they dont understand why i also talk to those drivers(mostly swears lol) which cant hear me.

for example
I drive maybe 50mph in a 35mph, its a one lane, and this bastard from this street just pulls in, he has time to get in, but then i need to drive behind his as$ slow, so i started swearing at him like the road is mine lol and my parents always dont understand. I tell them that he sees i am going fast, why the fu#k cant he wait just 3 more seconds to let me pass him so he can drive w/e he wants to but behind me
Old 06-23-2003, 11:32 PM

[Bill Clinton Voice] I feel your pain [/Bill Clinton Voice]

I pulled out of a strip mall on Friday, and to my surprise saw a Lincoln Towncar full of 80-something seniors heading directly at me on the wrong side of the road (3 lanes on each side divided by median). I swerve to the right lane, they swerve to left and then to an opening in the median and finally get back on the correct side of the street. All the while it's pouring down rain(gotta love the Florida summer )

Jason
Old 06-23-2003, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by Maxceler8
OMG, I HATE that! The road I take to work is a typical 2-lane (one going each way) 55mph semi-country road. Not a bad road, but there's been a lot of new housing going on in that area so there are all kinds of suburbanites going in and out of that area now. I normally do 60-65mph on that road if traffic allows, and those ppl freaking LOVE to pull out in front of you if there's the smallest gap in between you and the car in front of you. It often happens when there's not a car for like, miles behind you either. And of course, it's like some RAV-4, or a loaded-down Deville, so they accelerate super-slow......that ****es me off so much......people are soo inconsiderate.

sometimes if they just cut right in front of me, i just pass them SLOWLY from the left(on a one lane) to show them how dumb they are for doing that(ofcourse if traffic allows, if not i just floor it to pass them )

Also i hate when people cut you from some street on the side of a one lane each way road....AND THEN, take a left or a right , 2.5 seconds after they got in my lane. i just honk at their a$$ for a good 3 seconds for doing that cuz i just dont understand why cant they wait until i pass them(no one behind me) and then they can do it without bothering me
Old 06-24-2003, 12:01 AM
meh

Yep, yep.......happens all the time.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:15 AM

Am I an ******* if I am going the speedlimit or the flow of traffic and kids try to speed past me when a lane ends and then I nail it (in the Durango)???

They never or rarely try to pass me in the maxima, and its not all the time, its when their being wreckless dumbasses about it.

seriously though, I've learned to let alot of **** bounce off of me, its just not worth it. I've even had a cherokee try to run me off the road simply because I was infront of him while he was making an illegal right hand turn (no turns on red). then he flicked me off. I thought he was just trying to pass me, but then once his passanger door was near the front of the maxima, he started to quickly merge over, if there wasnt a turn lane he would have been damn sorry about his increased insurance rates. I just let him stay in front of me. I very easily could have dropped it and passed him with out a hitch, but instead I just said **** him and continued on, going the speed limit.

MrGone
Old 06-24-2003, 12:23 AM

yep..that's what my dad says all the time MrGone

As time the time goes on i get to be more of that. i remeember when i first got my license, i was passing people and cutting people off, but now after driving for 1.5 years, i noticed a significant good change, i dont do really stupid things anymore, maybe once here and there but thats it, i try to stay focused and flow with the traffic although i must say that i always go faster then the normal traffic, that's something i cant help, i dont go 20mph over the limit, but more like 10-15mph where its actually possible and no danger
Old 06-24-2003, 12:58 AM

ford makes cobra, so i dont mess with them.
thats 400hp my friend.
peace
Old 06-24-2003, 05:45 AM
jreddington

Re: How to deal with drivers on the road...

Originally posted by PHATMAN5050
[rant] I'm getting sick and tired of drivers f**king around with me when I'm trying to drive. I go for a little drive after work to cool down, because I was already a lil pi$$ed from the events of the day, and some moron in a Tahoe decides he's gonna drive 30 in a 35 and no one is gonna tell him $hit about it. I'm behind him for over 2 miles when I lose patience with his antics, and I get a lil closer to him, not riding his a$$ at all, but just a lil closer and he SLAMS on the breaks for a second. Being as I'm waiting for this, I easily slow down also, and then continue on my way. He then rolls down the window and flips me off. I can see him looking in his rear-view so I put my high beams on and drive for 5 seconds with them on, the whole time he is lightly applying the brakes so that he is at an ultimate speed of 15 in a 35. Does this moron not know that it is AGAINST THE LAW to slam on your breaks with a car behind you for no reason, it is provoking an accident, reckless driving, and if a cop saw it he can also be tested for DUI since that is not a normal driving procedure.[/rant]

This and many other stories, including a neighbor of mine driving her S430 attempted to purposely t-bone my car because God knows why...

I called the cops on the b!tch with the S430, but I left teh local law enforcement alone with the tahoe tonight. I changed from my rap music to techno, and then to oldies to try and chill me out. Its times like these I think they need a Zach lane on every street that only I can travel on, like the HOV lane...

Maybe I'll sell the max and buy a POS and just ram myself into cars when they mess around...hmm....
Wow,

Looks like someone needs to drink a little less coffee and take some anger management classes . As much as I enjoy cutting my Maxima loose I do realise that I have to share the road with others. Life is not like the auto commericals where you can fly down a twisting coastal road with no on else around anytime you want.

The highways are not my personal domain. Even though I may not want to drive 30 in a 35 mph zone doing so is legal and may be the speed that the other driver is comfortable at. Especially if you are just out for a drive and not running late, kick back and crank up the tunes. That's one of the joys of a Maxima. It's great to drive hard but has the luxury to make you comfortable while you wait for a spot for a good run. If you can't find an opportunity to pass due to the amount of traffic you're probably not in a situation to do some spirited driving anyway.

I can not understand why people respond to stupid driving with more stupid driving. Do you seriously think acting agressively to another driver is going to get them to think "Boy was I stupid doing that. I am soooo sorry"? No, they just begin to think you are such a moron and a jerk. Now, you are both thinking that and guess what, now you are both probably right. It's not worth the blow to your karma.

Now if you start talking about powerboaters (stinkpots) flying past me and blasting me with their wakes when I'm out for a sail, that's a different matter .

Old 06-24-2003, 06:09 AM

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
Do you have a cell phone? I'd call the cops and give them his plate and let them know he's swerving all over the road and it probably drunk. Then back off and wait for him to get pulled over.

A-holes LOVE it when you do that!!! I've done it twice so far and laughed each time when I saw the blues in the mirror. One I got a little ballsy and gave him a toot as I drove by, but I figured that strengthened his "I'm not drunk" and "that a-hole behind me called to get me back" arguments, so I didn't the second time.

Try it sometime and try to engineer driving by just as he's pulled over so he knows it was you who did it to him.
LOL, you too? did that to this F*ucker that almost t-bone me, after I missed him.. he caught up to me and all his buddys are swearing at me etc.. Obvious they had a little to drink... so I picked up the cell phone. Call PD, and since we were pretty close to a police state, the guy got to pull over pretty quickly, as I was driving by.. I waved with my cellphone on my hand.. God, I feel good that night..
Old 06-24-2003, 07:30 AM

Originally posted by 2001SE

sometimes if they just cut right in front of me, i just pass them SLOWLY from the left(on a one lane) to show them how dumb they are for doing that(ofcourse if traffic allows, if not i just floor it to pass them )

Also i hate when people cut you from some street on the side of a one lane each way road....AND THEN, take a left or a right , 2.5 seconds after they got in my lane. i just honk at their a$$ for a good 3 seconds for doing that cuz i just dont understand why cant they wait until i pass them(no one behind me) and then they can do it without bothering me
Nothing worse than a slow *** car with no pick up going as fast as it can to cut in front of you or the car in front of you in traffic and then slowing down traffic even more cause it take'm 15 min to get to 60
Old 06-24-2003, 07:45 AM

I wish I had so few responsibilities that I could let little stuff like a driver doing 30 in a 35 actually bother me.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:04 AM

Originally posted by jjames
I wish I had so few responsibilities that I could let little stuff like a driver doing 30 in a 35 actually bother me.
lol, I was thiinking the same thing. You tend to fight these battles when you don't have much to loose.

I did the same **** when I was younger. I've had 1 too many guns (and pepper spray once) pointed at me, I don't care how much more bigger I am than they are, my pecs won't stop bullets.

There are a lot of *******s out there, ignore them and be safe about it, if you don't, some day, trouble will find you.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:35 AM
MAKSYMALNY

Re: How to deal with drivers on the road...

I feel your pain in that there are a lot of a$$hole drivers out there, however, I just want to point out a few observations:

1) the speed LIMIT is 35. that means you can do UP TO AND NOT OVER 35MPH. There is NO law that REQUIRES you to do a minimum limit (unless posted).

2) it is NOT "against the law" to "slam on your brakes"... you would be hard pressed trying to prove that they did so just to aggravate you (were you tailgating? THAT is against the law!).

3) Putting on your high beams to 'punish' another driver is against the law.

4) Road rage is against the law, and punishable by severely high insurance rates as well (and a lot of times, the insurance company will drop your policy and refuse any future coverage).

Next time chill out and realize that you are dealing with a slow driver. Where's the fire, dude? If a cop were to respond, you would end up getting the punishment... provocation, road rage, brights...

take it easy next time!

Old 06-24-2003, 11:47 AM

Zach this is all due to the fact that you have not lowered your car. Ill place money saying some of it has to be your fault too. Why does all this **** happen to you over and over and over again. I never have any problem. Dont hi-beam any1 id give your @ss the mother of all brake checks if you or any1 did that. You provoke me and you got me, just as simple as that. Learn to be passive on the road and dont haul @ss by people unless they are old and goin 10 under

I swear if you drove back in LA, you'll be dead in 1day. Dont look at people man, be passive!!
Old 06-24-2003, 11:48 AM

Originally posted by jjames
That's a little smug, don't you think? It may be that this is something that really bothers this guy but not you. Perhaps there are other things to which you're more sensitive, which have absolutely nothing to do with "few responsibilities"...

Agree completely that life is simpler if you blow off minor irritants, but that's based on personality and perspective, not involvement in world peace, curing cancer, or whatever it is you're into...

Old 06-24-2003, 11:54 AM
jjs

Originally posted by HitManSE
Zach this is all due to the fact that you have not lowered your car. Ill place money saying some of it has to be your fault too. Why does all this **** happen to you over and over and over again. I never have any problem. Dont hi-beam any1 id give your @ss the mother of all brake checks if you or any1 did that. You provoke me and you got me, just as simple as that. Learn to be passive on the road and dont haul @ss by people unless they are old and goin 10 under

I swear if you drove back in LA, you'll be dead in 1day. Dont look at people man, be passive!!
No ****!!! Same for here in TX!! If you are going to do this crap, at least get a 4x4 so the game is tipped in your favor. It is hard to 'intimidate' someone into acting differently if you are driving a Max.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:04 PM

Originally posted by jjs

No ****!!! Same for here in TX!! If you are going to do this crap, at least get a 4x4 so the game is tipped in your favor. It is hard to 'intimidate' someone into acting differently if you are driving a Max.
I think the car(s) with the most intimidation factor are v8'w with loud @ss exhaust. Especially a challenger or chevelle or something of that sort, just sear the guys eardrums when you blast by them. They will just sit there for a few sec with a look on their face. It would help add to this effect if your front end came off the groud while you hauled by
Old 06-24-2003, 12:05 PM

Dont let retarded drivers get to you. Simple as that. You'll put yourself in more danger by getting upset and flashing your high beams. Deep breath andbe patient for a couple minutes, or go a different way. And Zach, I wouldn't call the cops on anyone if I was you, because you'll probably end up getting pulled over and getting a ticket fpor something.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:26 PM

i look at it this way

95% of the drivers out there dont know how to drive a car.

with that in mind, half of those 95% are curteous enough to actually let you pass them the other half are either too stupid to realize that they are driving to slow, and should let you pass or are playing with you and if you tray to pass or honk at them then they get an attitude and try to do stupid ****

funny thing is i have people trying to play with me all the time when i am in my maxima, but when i am driving my Jeep which is pretty damn huge and is loud as hell, i have never had a person trying to screw with me, EVER.

i think if i ever was provoked hard enough and i was driving my Jeep, the 1/4 inch steel bumper would do some nice damage to that car
Old 06-24-2003, 12:30 PM

Re: Re: How to deal with drivers on the road...

Originally posted by MAKSYMALNY
[B]I feel your pain in that there are a lot of a$$hole drivers out there, however, I just want to point out a few observations:

1) the speed LIMIT is 35. that means you can do UP TO AND NOT OVER 35MPH. There is NO law that REQUIRES you to do a minimum limit (unless posted).
Absolutely incorrect. Driving under the speed limit IS in fact against the law. It falls under 'Obstructing the flow of traffic'

2) it is NOT "against the law" to "slam on your brakes"... you would be hard pressed trying to prove that they did so just to aggravate you (were you tailgating? THAT is against the law!).
Wrong again. Slamming on your breaks is against the law and is considered more severe than tailgating. Slamming on your breaks is no different than attempting to cause an accident.

3) Putting on your high beams to 'punish' another driver is against the law.
All I would have had to say was that the driver was driving erratically, slamming on the brakes, driving far below the posted speed limit, and I was trying to show them that there was a car behind them in case they could not see me.

The lead training op for phoenix police departments ran a class for driving school that I attended. It is taught to officers that if someone passes another on a road, if the car is so equipped, they would use the radar on the car that is being passed, not the car doing the passing. If the car that is being passed is driving under the speed limit, a ticket does not have to be issued, even if the car doing the passing has exceeded the speed limit and then slowed down.

I'm not saying what I did was totally correct, but I did nothing to receive that kind of reaction. I'm sick and tired of people here looking at a 16-year old kid in a maxima and thinking 'what a snob' and then f**king around with me!
Old 06-24-2003, 12:47 PM

Steve and John, shut the hell up! lol My car WILL be lowered and I won't get any more tickets, promise.

Maximax2 - thanks man, i totally ignored his post but i appreciate your view.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:50 PM
Project Ruby......

I had a smiliar experience. I was on a back road that had a speed limit of 50. This guy in his Cavaliar decides he can only do 40. So I get closer to **** him off, but not up his butt. The HIDs probably right in his mirror. Well he just holds his 40 and thinks nothing of the actual speed limit. Well finally there is a short passing zone. And he actually sped up, I guess he knew I was going to blow his doors off. Well I gunned it at anyway and whipped right by his *** and proceeded to do 60 on this back road because I was so ****ed off at this nut.

A few minutes before on another road a woman cuts in front of me and proceeds to ride the left lane for no reason!!
Old 06-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: How to deal with drivers on the road...

Originally posted by PHATMAN5050

I'm not saying what I did was totally correct, but I did nothing to receive that kind of reaction. I'm sick and tired of people here looking at a 16-year old kid in a maxima and thinking 'what a snob' and then f**king around with me!

Do yourself a favor, print out your origional post. Put it somewhere safe. Then open it up and read it in another 5 to 10 years. I guarantee you'll see things a little different, probably get a chuckle out of it, and wonder how you could've been soo hot-headed about some guy driving 5mph under the limit.

I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure it's not against the law to drive 30 in a 35.

That said, I too hate it when slow @ss people drive under the freakin limit... but what can you do?
Old 06-24-2003, 01:18 PM

im with jreddington and MAKSYMALNY on this one. did anyone notice that this story started out with the tahoe merely obeying the speed limit. he was doing nothing wrong. 30 in a 35 is annoying if you're behind that person but it is in no way wrong or illegal or "retarded".

not to be as a$$ but PHATMAN, you were the one who was in the wrong. you're the one who got impatient because the tahoe was obeying the speed limit. you didnt even have a destination, you just went out driving. why would have any reason to go 15 MPH over the speed limit? you started off by taigating the tahoe who, like i said before, wasnt doing anything wrong. you say you wernet riding his *** but you were obviously close enough that he found it abnormally close and decided to mess with you.

what did the tahoe do that was illegal?
-going 30 in a 35? - nope...thats legal.
-"lightly applying the breaks" to slow down - isnt that what we are all tought to do in drivers ed when someone is tailgating us? you were the illegal one on that one.
-accepting the wrath of the belligerent driver behind you via high beams to the face? - nope thats you being the illegal one again.

the only thing the tahoe did wrong was allegedly "slam" on his breaks after you were tailgating him. i see you exaggerating on this one but i can see why the tahoe driver would try to scare you by hitting the breaks a little bit.

and yes going too slow CAN be against the law but it is at the police officer's disgression. he has to believe that the slow speed was a danger to others on the road. i dont think it was in this case.

impatience gets a lot of people in trouble. think about it logically, you were behind this guy for 2 minutes going 30 MPH. that is 1 mile. how far would you have gone if you were going 50 mph? about 1.5 miles. god forbid you be a half mile behind where you want to be. how much time did he really cost you? maybe about 30 seconds. is it really that big of a deal?
Old 06-24-2003, 01:39 PM

As one of those people who seem impatient to others (including my wife), I must say that it's all about perception.

Last weekend traveling on the interstate at 80-85 I encountered slower traffic passing even slower traffic. I kept my cool saying to myself "No big deal, share the road." Well, some people's perception must not think the same as I had lights flashed at me after passing them and one guy even flipped me the bird... I didn't ride anybody's bumper (IMO, at least, as I kept about a half to a full car's lenght back). I even checked my headlighs were not misaligned and was blinding these god fearing, law abiding motorists when I got home...

Just live and let live.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:57 PM

Originally posted by CCS2k1Max
As one of those people who seem impatient to others (including my wife), I must say that it's all about perception.

Last weekend traveling on the interstate at 80-85 I encountered slower traffic passing even slower traffic. I kept my cool saying to myself "No big deal, share the road." Well, some people's perception must not think the same as I had lights flashed at me after passing them and one guy even flipped me the bird... I didn't ride anybody's bumper (IMO, at least, as I kept about a half to a full car's lenght back). I even checked my headlighs were not misaligned and was blinding these god fearing, law abiding motorists when I got home...

Just live and let live.
your post was friendly so i am not trying to attack you. but you said you were a half car to a full car's length from the person in front of you on an interstate? im sure you've heard of the 2 second rule: where you're supposed to pass a fixed object no less than 2 seconds after the car in front of you has passed it. 2 seconds is probably exaggerated to keep everyone safe but do you realize how close you are to a car if you only have 1 car length between you?

obeying the 2 second rule you should be about 176 feet behind the car in front of you at 60 MPH. how long is a car length? maybe about 15 feet (about .17 seconds at 60 MPH). that is 11 times closer than you should be. maybe that is why you get flicked off and flashed at. you just dont realize how close you really are.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:47 PM

Ever drive in Ohio? Damn...if that alone isn't reason enough to give you road rage! They don't look when they merge and they don't get out of the way if you want to pass - it's unbelievable. My friend in Florida says that even the old fogeys down there laugh at Ohio drivers - and he's from Ohio!

All jokes aside, I used to be a real hot-head and I used to yell at people and used to flash my brights at them and when they would start to yell at me, I'd just laugh my head off which would only make them more mad. Know what? It's not worth it. You never know what people will do sometimes. I mean, what happened to "the finger"? Now it's guns and ****. That's just crazy.

Be careful and be safe.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by CCS2k1Max

Just live and let live.
Wow - agree with Newman (and not slamming you, just commenting from my perspective). Even a full car length behind is REALLY close, especially at highway speeds. If the car in front of you hits their brakes at that speed, you're in their trunk before you even touch the brake pedal (1/4 second reaction time = 22 feet...)
Old 06-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Project Ruby......

Originally posted by badabing
Ever drive in Ohio? Damn...if that alone isn't reason enough to give you road rage! They don't look when they merge and they don't get out of the way if you want to pass - it's unbelievable. My friend in Florida says that even the old fogeys down there laugh at Ohio drivers - and he's from Ohio!

That's how Tennessee is. You should see it when we all roll up to a 4-way stop. Oh my it gets UUUUGLY!!. They all just look around and go duuuuuuuuuuuh. It's horrible people always driving in your lane you have to go into the shoulder almost to avoid them. It's just pathetic here TN. But I understand why TN has such bad drivers. The drivers test is all rights, and probably not even a block long
Old 06-24-2003, 03:48 PM

Originally posted by Maximax2

Wow - agree with Newman (and not slamming you, just commenting from my perspective). Even a full car length behind is REALLY close, especially at highway speeds. If the car in front of you hits their brakes at that speed, you're in their trunk before you even touch the brake pedal (1/4 second reaction time = 22 feet...)
Around Chicago, a car length is more than a generous gap. People will try to and do squeeze in with smaller gaps... We drive and we don't look at just the car in front, we look several cars ahead.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by Maximax2

That's a little smug, don't you think? It may be that this is something that really bothers this guy but not you. Perhaps there are other things to which you're more sensitive, which have absolutely nothing to do with "few responsibilities"...

Agree completely that life is simpler if you blow off minor irritants, but that's based on personality and perspective, not involvement in world peace, curing cancer, or whatever it is you're into...

Yeah, you might be right. This whole post remeinds me of a story.....smiley old lady cuts a guy off in traffic, takes the next exit. The guy she cut off is *****ing up a storm, cursing, pounding the wheel, etc. Buddy looks at him and says, "she ruined your day and she doesn't even know it."

Moral: no use geting ****ed off about something you'll forget about tomorrow.

Quick Reply: How to deal with drivers on the road...