5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

How many 6 spds are made?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 07:48 AM
Banned

When I was looking for my Max back in Sept/Nov of 2k2, there was a decent amount of 6sp around the MA/NH/RI area (I live in MA, but was willing to travel a little to get a good deal), but I had one problem--I wanted a fully loaded w/out Nav 6sp, which was a VERY rare build. Apparently, most of the 6sp at that time were on base models, and the reasoning was that the typical Max buyer would want a "luxury" auto if they're getting all of the "luxury" packages in the car.

However, after a month or so of searching and email'ing, I was able to find one in MA, and got a great deal on top of that.

By the way, I heard that production of 6sp was limited to 5% of overall volume. Now, I'd be interested to know how many 6sp were sold that had all the packages except Nav--perhaps 1%???

HitManSE, if you're REALLY set on picking one up and don't care how many options it has, I would really suggest you scour the east coast, especially more "rural" states because I'm sure their allocation of manuals was higher since less people in big cities want to drive manuals.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:07 AM
Banned

Originally posted by HitManSE
Hey man, atleast YOU have a 3.5, your car atleast has some *****. Im driving a 3.0 auto here. After driving the 6spd its like being teased, now I gotta go get me some I really dont care about the hamgurger emblems, in order to get and aerokit to fit, id just replace the front section itself It will basically look almost exactly like my car is right now, just have a sh!tload of *****. I already made a phone call with some1 thats helping me out and will get further details tomorrow. btw- we just totally killed the word joo
Im trying to see what strings can be pulled, ill post back if I decide to get it, I REALLY am tempted and will get more info tomorrow.

A few years back, I was very close to buying a 2000, and then a 2001. Both times, I backed down because my current job was at an all time layoff period. When I 1st test drove the 3.0, I thought it was very quick (compared to my 93 T-bird V6 at the time) and even though I forgot what it feels like to drive one, I still think their fairly quick. Of course, the 02-03's are quicker.

Best of luck to "joo"
Old 07-01-2003, 11:39 AM

Hey man, atleast YOU have a 3.5, your car atleast has some *****. Im driving a 3.0 auto here. After driving the 6spd its like being teased, now I gotta go get me some I really dont care about the hamgurger emblems, in order to get and aerokit to fit, id just replace the front section itself It will basically look almost exactly like my car is right now, just have a sh!tload of *****. I already made a phone call with some1 thats helping me out and will get further details tomorrow. btw- we just totally killed the word joo
Im trying to see what strings can be pulled, ill post back if I decide to get it, I REALLY am tempted and will get more info tomorrow.
Cool, let us know!
Old 07-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My 3.0 auto is no slouch, my best ET is OK for a auto 15.5 @ 90 corrected thats a 15.25 at 93 so its alright. Its just that its an auto... Still IMPATIENTLY waiting for a call back ...
Old 07-01-2003, 05:02 PM

After reading the posts here I feel extremely lucky to have the car I have - loaded black/black leather 6 speed except navigation. When I bought my car, I knew what I wanted and was able to get it within a week of asking the dealer to locate one for me! Out of curiosity, I find myself looking at parked 2002/03's to see if they're 6-speeds. Of all the '02/'03's I've seen in a parking lot, I've only seen one other 6-speed (and it was a bare bones model - few options).

Originally posted by vito1281
When I was looking for my Max back in Sept/Nov of 2k2, there was a decent amount of 6sp around the MA/NH/RI area (I live in MA, but was willing to travel a little to get a good deal), but I had one problem--I wanted a fully loaded w/out Nav 6sp, which was a VERY rare build. Apparently, most of the 6sp at that time were on base models, and the reasoning was that the typical Max buyer would want a "luxury" auto if they're getting all of the "luxury" packages in the car.

However, after a month or so of searching and email'ing, I was able to find one in MA, and got a great deal on top of that.

By the way, I heard that production of 6sp was limited to 5% of overall volume. Now, I'd be interested to know how many 6sp were sold that had all the packages except Nav--perhaps 1%???

HitManSE, if you're REALLY set on picking one up and don't care how many options it has, I would really suggest you scour the east coast, especially more "rural" states because I'm sure their allocation of manuals was higher since less people in big cities want to drive manuals.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:16 PM

My 3.0 auto is no slouch, my best ET is OK for a auto 15.5 @ 90 corrected thats a 15.25 at 93 so its alright. Its just that its an auto... Still IMPATIENTLY waiting for a call back ...
what are they calling you back on about it?
Old 07-01-2003, 11:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
what are they calling you back on about it?
To see if they can transfer the car here to get sold, and Bankston Nissan basically had this to say about sending the car down here. Looks like I cant get it... They didnt want to give the car up, I guess they are certain they can sell it there for 30K Id pay upward to say 25K which considering what others have been paying as of late for 2k3s the dealer should be happy to get that much.
Id trade mine in (after its stripped ovcourse) and make up the diff to make a Downpayment of like 10K and just finance the rest, my payments would be around 300 then, damn this REALLY sucks.
I was considering the auto, but not much traffic here to why not have fun, but damn im so dissapointed right now... This blows.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:57 PM

To see if they can transfer the car here to get sold, and Bankston Nissan basically had this to say about sending the car down here. Looks like I cant get it... They didnt want to give the car up, I guess they are certain they can sell it there for 30K Id pay upward to say 25K which considering what others have been paying as of late for 2k3s the dealer should be happy to get that much.
Id trade mine in (after its stripped ovcourse) and make up the diff to make a Downpayment of like 10K and just finance the rest, my payments would be around 300 then, damn this REALLY sucks.
I was considering the auto, but not much traffic here to why not have fun, but damn im so dissapointed right now... This blows.
Thats a bunch of BS!