5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Victim to the Franken late shipping

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 02:58 PM

Victim to the Franken late shipping

I finally order the frakencar intake last week thinking I would have gotten it this week. NO INTAKE!!!

Is there anyway to check the status of the order. I call I get no answer, I e-mail and get no answer. Whats the deal. Just how long am I looking at getting it becasue they have my money!
Old 06-28-2003, 03:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

They're pretty busy sending those things out, so unfortunatly it's not immediate shipping. I did the same thing, but they called me back within a day of leaving a message. Did you try the listing for Steve's cellphone? He returned my call and let me know it'd be shipping within a couple days.

I hate waiting for parts... once you order them you get anxious... I'm still waiting for my lower grill from Grill-Tech to ship, and I ordered that a couple weeks ago.

Trust me, once you get the FrankenCar in the mail, you'll realize the extra week you waited was well worth it.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:33 PM
The Definitive AE Master

hmm.. i had the same problem with them not returning calls or emails. I just gave up and one day it appeared on my doorstep. Good luck
Old 06-28-2003, 03:37 PM
rilla dope

It seems their service is very Frankenstein-like. Mmmmm, Maxima money, good. Customer service baaaaaad. Raaaaaaaarrrr!

You'd think I was drunk at 3pm, but not so much
Old 06-28-2003, 03:50 PM
Banned

Originally posted by releasedtruth
It seems their service is very Frankenstein-like. Mmmmm, Maxima money, good. Customer service baaaaaad. Raaaaaaaarrrr!

You'd think I was drunk at 3pm, but not so much
But you are drunk tho?
Old 06-28-2003, 04:07 PM

It probably has more to do with being unprepared for the popularity of their product on the web. When you go to a store to buy something, or if you place an order over the phone you interact with a person who can tell you "oh, it's out of stock, it'll be a couple weeks"... but when a company just throws up a quick & simple canned web-order site, next thing you know your business can be flooded with more orders and emails and calls than your few employees can handle.

I've noticed this with a couple websites relating to Maxima mods. It's probably also a case of supply & demand... in this case the supply is retailers who have what we want. When you're an online store selling books/movies/sporting-equipment you NEED to provide excellent customer service and turn-around-time otherwise people will just drive to their nearest mall/wallmart/etc... but when you're selling aftermarket performance parts most people don't have a local retailer to turn to... so there isn't such a pro-customer-service requirement.

Don't get me wrong, I feel your pain... it's awlfully frustrating to wait for something to be shipped, especially when your emails/calls aren't returned. Or when you don't notice the disclaimer on the website that says "product will ship within 1-3 weeks" until after the customer service dept emails you with that statement.

But I guess if you want the product, you have no choice.

Maybe we're all just too spoiled nowadays. I remember once waiting for a special order at my local CD shop that took 2 weeks to get to the store... and I was thrilled. Nowadays if it doesn't go out second-day-air within 12 hours of my clicking on some virtual-button, I get annoyed.

Just my 2 cents (well, I guess that makes 4 now).
Old 06-28-2003, 05:23 PM

Don't plan for it in a couple weeks bro.. I'm a pretty patient guy, even though they do have my money Byt they are a reputable business, and as soon as they get the necessary parts, you'll get the intake... As for me, I orderd my frankencar w/ apexi 04/28/03.. I really would like it considering what I hear from people.. I emailed Steve about 3 weeks ago, and he said they are having problems getting the apexis in, but here is his direct quote,

"Mike,
The only thing i've heard from apexi is another change in the ship date. April 1st, May 1st, May 15th, JUne 1st, June 15th ect... they should be here soon. but i am working on a backup plan.

-steve"

I wonder what the backup plan is? Makes you think, huh?

I only hope that the extra couple months I waited, will make it worth its while?

Sorry for the long post, just letting you know so you don't get too excited... Just be calm, it will be here someday
Old 06-28-2003, 05:54 PM
Banned

How many ordered the frankencar and are still waiting??

my post a couple of weeks back
Old 06-29-2003, 12:03 AM

Wow I guess by the way everyone is happy with it, it will be worth the wait. YOU GUYS BETTER BE RIGHT!!!!! Mod bug is about to kill me!!!!
Old 06-29-2003, 07:00 AM

Originally posted by MaxVader
Mod bug is about to kill me!!!!
I hear that! I just got my Maxima back in April, and it's the first car I've ever modded... now feel like a junkie trying to kick his habit everytime I try and resist making that next mod.

Got my FrankenCar in (I went with the K&N so it only took about 9 days to get in), got my CustomMaxima FSTB in, waiting for my Grill Tech lower screens to come, and I'm desperately trying to hold back from ordering a RSB and b-pipe... I'm trying to limit myself to one mod per month.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:17 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

I realize we are hard to get a hold of i read my emails almost every day. I will be reading them in a few minutes again. We both still work full time jobs and use all our free time for frankencar. The reason tons of people were waiting before is because apexi had us on backorder for FOUR months with a large order of apexi filters. WE just got them in and shipped out all the orders, everyone should be getting those on monday or tuesday adn we have more on the way to us know also.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:26 AM

Hell yea, glad to hear that dmb Cant wait to put this sucker on I totally understand you guys are busy.. Just read my ^ post, we understand..
Old 06-29-2003, 02:43 PM

Originally posted by dmbmaxima2k2
I realize we are hard to get a hold of i read my emails almost every day. I will be reading them in a few minutes again. We both still work full time jobs and use all our free time for frankencar. The reason tons of people were waiting before is because apexi had us on backorder for FOUR months with a large order of apexi filters. WE just got them in and shipped out all the orders, everyone should be getting those on monday or tuesday adn we have more on the way to us know also.

Now I can breath again. There is still hope!
Old 06-29-2003, 04:00 PM
lcf

It takes forver and a day... but it's worth it.