5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Egged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 05:50 AM

Egged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<RANT> To the Jerk Off who egged my car this weekend, if I ever find out who you are...................... </rant>

Parked my car on the street Sat. night, I rarely do this, and came out Sunday morning to find egg all over the hood of my car. Egg hit the left headlight, chipped a little spot on the hood. I washed the egg off as soon as I saw it, hopefully in time.

I live in a quiet neighborhood in South Jersey, not the place I thought this would happen. Now I have to make sure my car's in the garage every night.

I know this thread is pointless, I just needed to vent. I'm still pi$$ed off over this.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:16 PM
Banned

Re: Egged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by snj2k2
&lt;RANT&gt; To the Jerk Off who egged my car this weekend, if I ever find out who you are...................... &lt;/rant&gt;

Parked my car on the street Sat. night, I rarely do this, and came out Sunday morning to find egg all over the hood of my car. Egg hit the left headlight, chipped a little spot on the hood. I washed the egg off as soon as I saw it, hopefully in time.

I live in a quiet neighborhood in South Jersey, not the place I thought this would happen. Now I have to make sure my car's in the garage every night.

I know this thread is pointless, I just needed to vent. I'm still pi$$ed off over this.
Sorry man thats bullsh*t. It makes me furious when stupid idiots do things like this. They had better hope you never track them down
Old 06-30-2003, 11:25 PM

dude, i doubt it was another maxima owner. Try checking the Sentra site, they are always jelous. Sorry to hear about it man. If it happens again, use a hidden camera.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:25 AM

Update: As soon as I saw it, I washed my car. Wasn't on there for more than 5 hours.

I found out yesterday that I missed one spot on the trunk. Tried everything last night, clay bar, bug & tar............ won't come off (or ruined the paint).

I have one spot where the paint is checked on the trunk. Does anyone know what I can do to clean it up? I am going to try and find a detail shop around here at lunch and have them take a look.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Damn... And it ain't even Halloween
Old 07-01-2003, 07:02 AM

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K
Damn... And it ain't even Halloween
Damn jealous fockers!! I feel u man ! Theres alot of corny jokers
here in Jersey- It was prob someone with alot less hp- Hatin' on
on your clean azz Max
Old 07-01-2003, 07:16 AM

I have one spot where the paint is checked on the trunk. Does anyone know what I can do to clean it up? I am going to try and find a detail shop around here at lunch and have them take a look.
Don't fret (You don't get to use that word often). Those details shops have polishes the public can't get. They'll get it off.

My car has been egged twice and even tomatoed once...that was worse because of the acid. It happened the few times I had to park in front of my parents (in a $300,000/house neighborhood)....The have-nots come through the good neighborhoods and do damage.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:20 AM
jjs

Originally posted by max34

Don't fret (You don't get to use that word often). Those details shops have polishes the public can't get. They'll get it off.

My car has been egged twice and even tomatoed once...that was worse because of the acid. It happened the few times I had to park in front of my parents (in a $300,000/house neighborhood)....The have-nots come through the good neighborhoods and do damage.
Actually it has been my experience over the years that it is not the 'have nots'...it more often than not are the spoiled brats of people who live in those very neighborhoods. Grew up in two of them and lived in one before I moved out to the country and trouble was almost always found out to be from the 'locals'.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:27 AM

Originally posted by jjs

Actually it has been my experience over the years that it is not the 'have nots'...it more often than not are the spoiled brats of people who live in those very neighborhoods. Grew up in two of them and lived in one before I moved out to the country and trouble was almost always found out to be from the 'locals'.
You're right...the have-nots ARE driving their mom's Lexus GS400!!
Old 07-01-2003, 08:42 AM

Some people just can't bear to see others do well for themselves.
Terrible...just terrible...
Old 07-01-2003, 08:48 AM

Originally posted by MannyNJ2k2max

Damn jealous fockers!! I feel u man ! Theres alot of corny jokers
here in Jersey- It was prob someone with alot less hp- Hatin' on
on your clean azz Max
Yeah, those damn ******* Fockers!!
Old 07-01-2003, 09:00 AM
jjs

Originally posted by turbomolar
Some people just can't bear to see others do well for themselves.
Terrible...just terrible...
Let's not get too full of ourselves here!! Come on, the Max is a nice car, but also a $20K-something car. Not exactly a blazing advertisement of success. Again, it is most likely neighborhood kids not monitored by parents, bored with a houseful of X-boxes, etc., who think they are too good/wealthy/connected to get caught.

At the risk of generalizing...it is often those who are 'better off' who vandalize property like this while the 'have nots' actually take stuff.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:03 AM

Originally posted by max34

Thanks for the encouragment. I spend a lot of time taking care of this car, it breaks my heart to see this happen.

I just moved into this neighborhood, same price range, and thought of all places it would be safe here. Lived in a townhouse before this, and parked in a parking lot. Not even so much as a door ding.

They got every car on one side of the street except for my neighbor's new TL (still has temp tags).

I can't win.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:33 AM

Originally posted by Oxidizer2k

Yeah, those damn ******* Fockers!!
someone got it
Old 07-01-2003, 10:09 AM

to all the hater!!! get a job!
Old 07-01-2003, 10:09 AM

to all the haters!!! get a job!
Old 07-01-2003, 10:20 AM
Banned

Could've been worse.......they could've egged your car and stole your HID's too
Old 07-01-2003, 10:21 AM

Originally posted by jjs

Let's not get too full of ourselves here!! Come on, the Max is a nice car, but also a $20K-something car. Not exactly a blazing advertisement of success. Again, it is most likely neighborhood kids not monitored by parents, bored with a houseful of X-boxes, etc., who think they are too good/wealthy/connected to get caught.

At the risk of generalizing...it is often those who are 'better off' who vandalize property like this while the 'have nots' actually take stuff.
Sorry to hear about that man! That sucks!!! I'd be weary to park on the street again.

True, the have-nots would have stole your headlights or rims or something; There are kids in my parents neighborhood who ride their bikes and knock over trash cans, and drag them in the street for kicks, I sometimes enjoy it when I cruise my max and dodge em like autoX, my parents live further down across from water front houses which are about ($1.5 million dollars more than what they're house is worth!) these kids have wayyy too easy going parents, i'd beat my kid if i saw him do that and neighbors complain; Theres a F355 down the street and he got his car "honey'd" kids poured honey all over the hood! The guy complained to the parents, and they just paid for a new hood and paint job.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:22 AM

Well...at least you have a friend here in South Jersey.

Sorry to hear about your egging. Try getting hit in a "hit and run" like I did. I have to cover the out of pocket expenses unless we can get the person to court.

They skipped the first court hearing!

More to come as it unfolds.

Thanks

Thanks for the encouragment. I spend a lot of time taking care of this car, it breaks my heart to see this happen.

I just moved into this neighborhood, same price range, and thought of all places it would be safe here. Lived in a townhouse before this, and parked in a parking lot. Not even so much as a door ding.

They got every car on one side of the street except for my neighbor's new TL (still has temp tags).

I can't win.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:17 PM

Originally posted by jjs

That's very true. Other than "tagging" up the hood (graffiti) they are too busy stealing to worry about vandalizing.

I remember when I first moved into my house I saw a couple "have-nots" ride their bikes into my neighborhood (their hood was about 20 minutes away by car so they were way out of their element). Anyway, I turned my truck around and parked until they realized they didn't belong there and left (only a few seconds). Call me what ever you want, but I work too hard to have some punks steal my stuff like when I was in the hoods of Yonkers and Da Bronx