5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

sleeper red turbocharged sentra

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 09:04 PM
mjg

sleeper red turbocharged sentra

This is rare. On the LIE today near stony brook as I was merging, as usual I merge at about 70-80 or so to keep up with the hustle of traffic (and eventually pass all of the slow annoying people in the right lane). Out of no where, this red sentra, that was NOT riced out at all... creeps up on the right lane. As far as I can tell it looked like a clean non-rice daily driver that was meticulously cared for, not a pinch of ricey mods, hell stock rims, no huge exhaust tip. The thing got in the middle lane we both gun it, and then I hear his blow off valve, past 80 the guy had me buy like 5 cars. I had to give him his props, He absolutely owned me. Is this a new breed of performance. Import sleepers all go and no show! I love it, that gets my total respect. I'd love to actually see what's cooking under the hood of that car, I've read a few places what can be done to older 92'ish sentras, and that car was awesome : ] If this guy reads this board, big ups.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

um... If you are talking about the older sentras (92-2001), it ain't know thing becuase they are easy recipients for SR20DET motors (turbo 2.0L 4cyl)..

ED
Old 07-01-2003, 09:21 PM
mjg

You have missed my point. I have been in very fast cars, and I know the car could be fast, it's the fact he wasn't some fast and furious tool that had to deck his car out to let everyone know how "Fast and furious" he really is. That is what got my respect my man.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:33 PM

mjg, what year is your car, and is it auto or stick.!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 09:39 PM
mjg

I have a 2k2 6 speed, injen, warpspeed y and b etc... I was pulling in 4th at 60 mph already and i didn't even have to downshift since he was already there in the right ready to go. i took 4th as far as i could there was a car blocking me, but he was already 4 or 5 cars ahead of me where his lane was cleared and we were both at 80. I didn't stand a chance.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:23 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mjg
[B]I have a 2k2 6 speed, injen, warpspeed y and b etc... I was pulling in 4th at 60 mph already and i didn't even have to downshift since he was already there in the right ready to go. i took 4th as far as i could there was a car blocking me, but he was already 4 or 5 cars ahead of me where his lane was cleared and we were both at 80. I didn't stand a chance.
Why didnt u shift to 3rd I dont get it would that make sense since u r doing 60 and third is your strongest gear
Old 07-01-2003, 10:38 PM
mjg

i ran otu of room bro... a car was right in front of me. i had it up to 80, downshifting from 80 to third? OUCH. i was racing him, i wasn't out to abuse my poor tranny. But... If When I was at 4th and put it down to third first (before we went there), I guess Your right I could have had a better chance... I was pulling real hard at 60 in 4th though.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:38 AM
92 SE-R 02 SE

a 92 SE-R with a turbo and cams can EASY put down close to 300WHP. ANd thats only with a little T28. Not to mention they weigh about 2400 lbs. My SE-R gets a turbo next year, i cant wait for that!

Old 07-02-2003, 04:48 AM

Re: sleeper red turbocharged sentra

Originally posted by mjg
This is rare. On the LIE today near stony brook as I was merging, as usual I merge at about 70-80 or so to keep up with the hustle of traffic (and eventually pass all of the slow annoying people in the right lane). Out of no where, this red sentra, that was NOT riced out at all... creeps up on the right lane. As far as I can tell it looked like a clean non-rice daily driver that was meticulously cared for, not a pinch of ricey mods, hell stock rims, no huge exhaust tip. The thing got in the middle lane we both gun it, and then I hear his blow off valve, past 80 the guy had me buy like 5 cars. I had to give him his props, He absolutely owned me. Is this a new breed of performance. Import sleepers all go and no show! I love it, that gets my total respect. I'd love to actually see what's cooking under the hood of that car, I've read a few places what can be done to older 92'ish sentras, and that car was awesome : ] If this guy reads this board, big ups.
Interesting Sentra, no doubt!

What I find really rare is someone on Long Island who can actually drive at 70-80 MPH! How do you get around the slowpokes?

Most of the LI drivers I have seen like to drive at or below below the speed limit in the passing lane. And of course, they aren't passing anyone!

I used to call on accounts out in Farmingdale and Bohemia, and even in mid day, there would be long strings of cars and trucks at 55 MPH in the passing lane (65 zone), they don't budge for anyone, and the other lanes were clogged with more slowpokes. Hated driving on LI.

New Yorkers in general have no concept of "keep right except to pass." Seems they like the left lane no matter what. It's a wonder there aren't more road rage shootings.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:38 AM

Re: sleeper red turbocharged sentra

Originally posted by mjg
...Out of no where, this red sentra, that was NOT riced out at all... creeps up on the right lane.
What year was the Sentra?