5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

A couple of really nice items I got on Ebay!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 09:25 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

A couple of really nice items I got on Ebay!

These are some awesome products that I have purchased off ebay.

The first thing are these 74 size led bulbs(key ring, glove compartment, and ashtray lights).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33713

I orderd the white ones and replaced the blue bulb in my key ring that I had already installed. The led is much brighter and is pure white which matches my piaa dome and polarg bulbs inside the car. I also replaced the glove box bulb w/ white. Almost all my interior lights are white now! I still have to do the ashtray light, which probably is the hardest one to change(havn't looked up how to get at that bulb yet). For all of you that hate the yellowish color of stock lights these are great to complete that bright pure white look inside.

The second thing is this S/S Nissan Maxima license plate frame. It is great looking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6769

This is a link to a Nissan frame, the one I ordered was exactly the same but it said MAXIMA on the bottom instead of Nissan. He has the Maxima ones if you email him. There just wasn't an auction for one when I looked today. I ordered 2 of them b/c I live in NJ. I like how it is only part chrome and not quit as shiny as the Maxima.org frame(which I also considered). I also got 2 for the price of 1 org. frame. These look great w/ my grey lustre 02'.

So what do you guys think? A couple of inexpensive mods that I hope helps some people get the look that they want from their Max.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:37 AM

So the 74 LEDs are good for the ash tray and glove box? Any idea what size the vanity mirror lights are?

I used the blue 74 bulb for my keyring, this LED is better?
Old 07-09-2003, 09:49 AM

Originally posted by spta97

So the 74 LEDs are good for the ash tray and glove box? Any idea what size the vanity mirror lights are?

I used the blue 74 bulb for my keyring, this LED is better?
Well, I used the 74 bulb(blue) for my key ring first. It looked good , but not that bright. I really wanted it to be white, which there are no 74 bulbs that will look pure white. They all will have the yellowish look. So thats why I like the led better.

As for the Vanity lights that still the only one that I have not come up w/ an answer for. I have no idea! I look all the time for white bulbs or leds that are about 29mm x 6mm, with no luck. Sorry I forgot about those in my original post. If any one finds replacement bulbs for the vanity lights I would love to know. I don't want to color w/ a marker. Now I am sad again, I thought I was almost there.(all white lights inside). Thanks for reminding me.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:50 AM

Re: A couple of really nice items I got on Ebay!

Originally posted by cwebb
I still have to do the ashtray light, which probably is the hardest one to change(havn't looked up how to get at that bulb yet).
If I'm not mistaken it's built into the underside of your A/C panel. When I pulled my A/C panel I saw a lightstrip in the bottom.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:53 AM

Re: Re: A couple of really nice items I got on Ebay!

Originally posted by maxcosity

If I'm not mistaken it's built into the underside of your A/C panel. When I pulled my A/C panel I saw a lightstrip in the bottom.
Does that mean that it is easy to get at? I hope so but I haven't tried to figure it out yet. Will try soon though.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:00 AM

now that I think about it, the bulb is color is more orangish, and the one in the A/C bottom liner is blueish green like the keyring.

in that case, you may be able to just pull out the ashtray try, unscrew the screw, pull up the trim around your shift ****, and dork around with the ashtray and see if there is a separate bulb in there.. there may be..
Old 07-09-2003, 10:20 AM

in that case, you may be able to just pull out the ashtray try, unscrew the screw, pull up the trim around your shift ****, and dork around with the ashtray and see if there is a separate bulb in there.. there may be..
That sounds about right.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:05 PM

now that I think about it, the bulb is color is more orangish, and the one in the A/C bottom liner is blueish green like the keyring.

It is a separate bulb in it's own harness from what I remember. Not too hard to get at.