5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Major Leather Problem ...please help...emergency

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 09:23 PM
Joo wanna play??......ok we go to war

Major Leather Problem ...please help...emergency

OK today my friend was in my car and he had matches in his hand ready to light his cigarrete ...and i was like yo man u cant smoke in here so since he lit the match already he decided to throw it out my sunroof... or we though it went out

after drving for a little we start to smeel somethign burning eys i turn around and its my leather...yes burning now i have pictures....and u can see that the fornt burn marks didnt melt the leather so is there like a touch up leathgr paint or something that i can use there???? now the other part is melted and i believe thati would need to get that fix

there is a good leather repair place by me and it is a small piece about 2 inches wide and 6 inches long...do u guys know wat a good price would be thanx alot

i need to get this fix right away !!!!!

Old 07-09-2003, 09:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Dude, your friend is a dork!! Anyway, when I had a single piece of leather replaced in my '95 (side bolster of driver's seat), think it was about $50. I'm just guessing, but with the multiple pieces you're looking at, and where they are, you're probably in for $150 or $200...

That assumes they can replace just the panels that are damaged, which they should be able to do.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:35 PM
lcf

OMFG!!
Old 07-09-2003, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by lcf
OMFG!!
Thats what i said but do u have any prices or ansmers to my questions?
Old 07-09-2003, 10:25 PM
mjg

Re: Major Leather Problem ...please help...emergency

Originally posted by 2k2whitemaxi
OK today my friend was in my car and he had matches in his hand ready to light his cigarrete ...and i was like yo man u cant smoke in here so since he lit the match already he decided to throw it out my sunroof... or we though it went out

after drving for a little we start to smeel somethign burning eys i turn around and its my leather...yes burning now i have pictures....and u can see that the fornt burn marks didnt melt the leather so is there like a touch up leathgr paint or something that i can use there???? now the other part is melted and i believe thati would need to get that fix

there is a good leather repair place by me and it is a small piece about 2 inches wide and 6 inches long...do u guys know wat a good price would be thanx alot

oh man! crap... what a *****...

Make him pay for a new seat cover, he should too... he's obliged, if he didn't even offer that, I question his friendship. Accidents happen, what can be done to fix it? Crap... not much. I mean u can get saddle soap scrub the hell out of it, but burning is a chemical reaction, that burned in color is not going anywhere.

Just replace it, sorry for your misfortune... what bullsh*t.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:05 AM

Aight i just got back form my leatehr place an hte guy was trying to tell me to wait till monday he was booked i was liek anh man i need it by this weekend so he agreed... he said i have to replace both pieces and Nissan leatehr with install and everything would cost me 265$$$ so tehn i popped out my back seat and asked him the price again and he said nah 245$$$

so 245$$ it is and im suppsoe to call him later to see if its gonna be done today or tomm

i will post pics when i get it back
Old 07-10-2003, 09:29 AM

BUMP
Old 07-10-2003, 09:32 AM
jjs

BUMP
What the hell are you bumping for if it is being fixed and you know the cost??
Old 07-10-2003, 09:56 AM

Get that idiot of a friend you have and make him pay for the damages!
Old 07-10-2003, 09:57 AM

Originally posted by jjs

What the hell are you bumping for if it is being fixed and you know the cost??
cuz i wanted to know if anyone thinks thats too much but if u dont like it then dont read it
Old 07-10-2003, 09:59 AM
jttaylor155

cuz i wanted to know if anyone thinks thats too much but if u dont like it then dont read it
does it really matter what we think is a good price now?? its a little to late. they have your seat and are fixing it as we speak.
okay fine, it is too much!!! now what?? nothing, you have to pay it anyway!! so go pay it, then wup your "friends" @ss!!

Old 07-10-2003, 11:00 AM

Lucky your friend isn't my friend or he would involuntarily be donating his own hide to fix that seat. Man, what friend just lights up in your car?? I say hand him the bill when its done. Accident or not.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:07 AM

Originally posted by mille_3
Lucky your friend isn't my friend or he would involuntarily be donating his own hide to fix that seat. Man, what friend just lights up in your car?? I say hand him the bill when its done. Accident or not.
Oh no guys dont worry he is paying for his mistake im not going at this with my money
Old 07-10-2003, 11:52 AM

This is one reason I avoid associating with smokers. Other annoying things they may do include:
> Littering the streets by flicking butts out their car window instead of using the ashtray
> Spoiling the taste of my food if they've smoked in the same area
> Infecting my lungs with second-hand smoke, perhaps shortening my own life
> Leaving their clothes, hair and breath with that stale smell, as well as any room or auto they've been in
> Causing brush fires if their thrown butts were not fully extinguished
> Causing houses to burn down when they've fallen asleep while smoking
> Giving birth to low weight babies when the mother smoked during pregnancy
> Driving up health insurance costs, affecting my own premiums
> If not insured, putting an extra burden on public medical facilities, driving up my taxes
> Obligating me to attend unnecessary funerals
Old 07-10-2003, 12:05 PM
jttaylor155

Originally posted by Magellan
This is one reason I avoid associating with smokers. Other annoying things they may do include:
> Littering the streets by flicking butts out their car window instead of using the ashtray
> Leaving their clothes, hair and breath with that stale smell, as well as any room or auto they've been in
> If not insured, putting an extra burden on public medical facilities, driving up my taxes
DUDE SHUT THE FUC UP!!! the is not a forum for you to get on a soap box and share you views on the bad things with smoking. people that dont smoke litter, set their houses on fire, start brush fires. if you dont want second hand smoke dont stand next to someone who smokes. mothers drink and do worse while pregenant.

Old 07-10-2003, 12:08 PM
jttaylor155

you dont smoke and thats fine. some people choose to smoke, if they die then that is their problem.
people that ***** about smokers **** me the fuc off.
BTW yes i used to smoke but i dont anymore. i respect peoples decision if they want to. it dosent hurt me.

Old 07-10-2003, 12:08 PM

haha this is great my thread that was for HElp with ym problem turned into a free-floating argument thread

YOU GOTTA LOVE IT
Old 07-10-2003, 12:31 PM

Originally posted by jttaylor155
you dont smoke and thats fine. some people choose to smoke, if they die then that is their problem.
people that ***** about smokers **** me the fuc off.
BTW yes i used to smoke but i dont anymore. i respect peoples decision if they want to. it dosent hurt me.
You may have missed my point. Every item on my list DOES effect you, especially the items on health care costs and taxes that we all share. At any rate, as an ex-smoker myself, I expected to be flamed, as there is nothing more irritating to an addicted smoker than to have these things pointed out by some holier-than-thou ex-smoker.

But I do apologize for going OT here. With that, I'll shut up.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:37 PM
jjs

You may have missed my point. Every item on my list DOES effect you, especially the items on health care costs and taxes that we all share. At any rate, as an ex-smoker myself, I expected to be flamed, as there is nothing more irritating to an addicted smoker than to have these things pointed out by some holier-than-thou ex-smoker.

But I do apologize for going OT here. With that, I shut up.
I know you have tried to go back to on topic, but one last comment here...

I would rather be in a hall full of smokers than pay for one more ****ing smoker or non-smoker who feels the need to breed and thus hike my health insurance premiums due to delivery and childrearing, spike my property taxes through the damn roof for schooling, etc. and so on and so on and so on.

Trust me, the economic impact of smokers on each individual is a moot point compared to other activities people just don't want to address.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:14 PM

ITS BEEN FIXED...looks perfect

here is the b4

and after
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i.../331834_17.jpg

another b4

and another after
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i.../331834_18.jpg

DAMN THIS GUY did a GOOD job didnt he
Old 07-10-2003, 03:34 PM

Re: Major Leather Problem ...please help...emergency

WTF! Glad I dont let anyone smoke in my car!
Have your friends throw the roach out the window or in a bottle or something- lol
Old 07-10-2003, 03:41 PM

Yeah, but smoking makes you look cool-and they sure as hell taste good with a cold beer.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:42 PM

Re: Re: Major Leather Problem ...please help...emergency

Originally posted by MannyNJ2k2max

WTF! Glad I dont let anyone smoke in my car!
Have your friends throw the roach out the window or in a bottle or something- lol
Same here...no eating, no drinking either. I am a big stickler about this, and I always clean my car, and make sure it's nice. People know this, and it goes a long way into preventing this type of crap. As for the leather, nice to see it's fixed nicely, but don't forget to kick your friend's *** (I would do it to my friend-LOL, this is my most valuable property; no one should touch it).
Old 07-10-2003, 09:53 PM

Re: ITS BEEN FIXED...looks perfect

here is the b4

and after
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i.../331834_17.jpg

another b4

and another after
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i.../331834_18.jpg

DAMN THIS GUY did a GOOD job didnt he
Looking good! Where did you get it repaired at? I need some work done on my leather too