5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Are these for real, or what?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2001, 07:39 AM
JimmyG

I guess I'm a Jimmy-come-lately here & just now got around to reading these threads. Maybe I'm a bit too late.

Are the "Plasmalights" AT http://www.plasmalights.com/home.htm for real, or are these just a gimmick? The photo's depict a REAL gain in illumination WITHOUT the extra wattage/heat.

I got a HUGE discount from the websit price by bidding on some on Ebay, so if they're not what they're supposed to be, I won't have gotten stung so badly.

Anybody out there with any experience on these?

Old 02-03-2001, 08:01 AM

Ahahahahahaha ... Those pic's are Clearly TOTALLY different lighting systems ... the one on the right is REAL HID ... the left are just stock bulbs!!

These "PlasmaLights" sound like some cheap Korean no-name brand ... probably worse than EUROLITE/TOUCAN ... don't even bother ...

Originally posted by JimmyG
I guess I'm a Jimmy-come-lately here & just now got around to reading these threads. Maybe I'm a bit too late.

Are the "Plasmalights" AT http://www.plasmalights.com/home.htm for real, or are these just a gimmick? The photo's depict a REAL gain in illumination WITHOUT the extra wattage/heat.

I got a HUGE discount from the websit price by bidding on some on Ebay, so if they're not what they're supposed to be, I won't have gotten stung so badly.

Anybody out there with any experience on these?
Old 02-03-2001, 06:42 PM
JimmyG

Granted, the wider coverage sure does LOOK like either the brights are on, or the reflectors are different, but without actually KNOWING what occured during the photo's, your response can be little more than a guess.

He who laughs last, & all that stuff.

Since I got a pair for so cheap, I don't feel like I'm out so much.

I'll do a before & after test & post the jpegs in a message as soon as I can. Now THAT will be empirical evidence that we can laugh at if the bulbs suck!

Thanks for your thoughts, & nice Maxi!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Empz
[I]Ahahahahahaha ... Those pic's are Clearly TOTALLY different lighting systems ... the one on the right is REAL HID ... the left are just stock bulbs!!

These "PlasmaLights" sound like some cheap Korean no-name brand ... probably worse than EUROLITE/TOUCAN ... don't even bother ...

Old 02-03-2001, 07:28 PM

WWW stands for Wild Wild West.

The internet is a vast frontier with a ever changing landscape so be wary. I have been reading how the these basement dealers use real pics of HID and pass them off as Super Plasmas or whatever, or they use a photoshop to doctor the photos. Be careful.
Old 02-04-2001, 02:36 PM
JimmyG

Re: WWW stands for Wild Wild West.

This will be a fun test to see how authentic these folks really are. My expectations are not very high.

Let's see how much of a "Lifetime guarantee" they offer... if I need it!