5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

what do you guys think??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 03:25 PM
mjg

what do you guys think??

Hey, I have an interesting situation.

I've recently had some car stereo work done to my max, and It's been a few years I've done buisness with this place. TO be honest, I have no idea why the hell I even go there, but it seems many shops are the same in respect to always scratching panels, or making them go and correct stuff that is wrong or bad. My case is that they always scratch up the trim area where the shifter is when they pull it out to do work on the stereo. By now the panel has enough scratchs that it really ****es me off. A) do you guys think I should call up nissan parts and get a quote, and go in there and say look I want you to pay for this or B) do you think I should leave it? They do good work usually, but at times when they rush this sort of crap always happens. I have gotten kickbacks and deals at this place, but I'm starting to get more ****ed then usual, no tto mention the fact I've already spent in excess of 8-10 grand at this place on car stereo equipment in the past.

I mean after dropping 900 bux the other day, the **** just isn't right. I hate going in there like a ****, and i prefer being reasonable then tearing the guy a new *******, which I will if i have to but... That will basiclly put me at a loss, and suppose they just say no? What should I do? Freakin sue them? Any stereo parts break, even past warranty and I get new stuff for free, and I always get free labor since I always go there.

I'll post some pics of this system later next week when I got a camera available. I just dropped alpines new 1000 watt monoblock d class amplifier, and I have 2 others in there... The car is pushing 1500 watts or so, at this point i think I SHOULD be happy and they should freakin fix the stuff.
Old 08-05-2003, 03:28 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Same thing happened to me. I posted this on the Car Audio forum and the general consensus is that it's a pretty common thing. I have some scratches around where my shifter is too. Just ask them about it. Worst they can do is say no.